U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-18-2016, 07:35 AM

31,540 posts, read 14,580,770 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by nononsenseguy View Post
Sorry, I have no link. But I did hear the audio. Rush played it, to name just one. I'm sure you don't believe it though. Not my problem.

It makes no sense that the audio isn't available on line. If I remember right Rush doesn't like Trump so I would think he would want to use it against him.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-18-2016, 07:47 AM

19,189 posts, read 14,074,451 times
Quote:
Sorry, I have no link. But I did hear the audio. Rush played it, to name just one. I'm sure you don't believe it though. Not my problem.
I googled for it and did not find it. You probably heard someone reading this headline: Shocker! Trump Admits He Is Never Building A Wall Between The U.S. And Mexico | Crooks and Liars but when reading the article, Trump never said that. What a bunch of crap!

Sadly, those that refuse to educate themselves about the candidates just keep coming up short.

"5 Ways Donald Trump can make Mexico pay for the wall": 5 Ways Donald Trump can make Mexico pay for 'The Wall' if he's elected | WLUK

Old 05-18-2016, 08:03 AM

5,339 posts, read 5,703,944 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Susan551 View Post
As far as getting legislation through, I don't think anyone knows yet. But we do know that Trump has spent his entire life making deals. He knows how to get things done quickly and how to negotiate.
In business maybe. Not in government, and the two are not the same.

Old 05-18-2016, 08:12 AM

30,112 posts, read 15,666,254 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
It makes no sense that the audio isn't available on line. If I remember right Rush doesn't like Trump so I would think he would want to use it against him.
Rush has no animosity toward Trump. He likes Cruz, but he has said that there "is more an up-side to Trump than a down-side." Rush doesn't 'endorse' anybody.

I also searched for the audio, but couldn't find it. I can only tell you that I heard it when Rush played it, and I made a note of it, and also posted it on my FB page and Tweeted about it. That's all I can tell you.

Old 05-18-2016, 08:15 AM

7,127 posts, read 5,501,956 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tumf View Post
How Will Trump 'Build The Wall' ?
He's going to hire a bunch of Mexicans!

Old 05-18-2016, 09:45 AM

31,540 posts, read 14,580,770 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnp292 View Post
In business maybe. Not in government, and the two are not the same.

Not exactly but someone with good business sense would be helpful in government issues such as balancing the budget and spending vs revenue.

Old 05-18-2016, 09:58 AM

19,189 posts, read 14,074,451 times
Quote:

Okay, I looked it up in my personal files where I note such things. It was on Rush's May 2 broadcast, and he played the clip on-air.
You would think that would have headlined on his page as well as national media: Archives - Rush Limbaugh - The Rush Limbaugh Show It just isn't there and would have been all over the news, it just would have.

Old 05-18-2016, 01:08 PM

30,112 posts, read 15,666,254 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnywhereElse View Post
I googled for it and did not find it. You probably heard someone reading this headline: Shocker! Trump Admits He Is Never Building A Wall Between The U.S. And Mexico | Crooks and Liars but when reading the article, Trump never said that. What a bunch of crap!

Sadly, those that refuse to educate themselves about the candidates just keep coming up short.

"5 Ways Donald Trump can make Mexico pay for the wall": 5 Ways Donald Trump can make Mexico pay for 'The Wall' if he's elected | WLUK
No, I didn't hear someone read the headline. Rush played the clip. I "googled" it too, but couldn't find it. I'm sure it was quickly scrubbed from the Net.

Rush does not report what cannot be verified, and he wouldn't fall victim to an Internet hoax.

Old 05-19-2016, 12:16 AM

5,233 posts, read 4,783,017 times
Quote:
He was caught on open mic saying he wasn't going to build any wall, and he wasn't going to deport anybody. This, a couple of weeks ago or so, to the New York Times. The story got scant coverage.
He wasn't "caught" on an open mic during his conversation with the NYT, his whole conversation was taped and he knew it was taped. Parts of that recording were off the record and other parts were on the record. The NYT did release the parts that were on the record but steadfastly refuse to release the off the record parts until Trump contacts them and tells them to release it - which he has not done.

Quote:
No, I didn't hear someone read the headline. Rush played the clip. I "googled" it too, but couldn't find it. I'm sure it was quickly scrubbed from the Net.

Rush does not report what cannot be verified, and he wouldn't fall victim to an Internet hoax.
You're saying that Rush played a clip of Trump saying he wasn't going to build the wall but that Rush doesn't report what can't be verified? If Rush couldn't verify the clip then he, according to you, wouldn't report it, so, it stands to reason he never played a clip of Trump saying he wasn't going to build the wall because he couldn't verify it - even though it was Trump's voice on this alleged clip.

Anyone else getting a headache from trying to follow this?

Breaking news - Trump is suing the NYT for releasing off the record conversation that wasn't approved for release by Trump ......

No, he isn't suing them, but, if the NYT did release the off the record convo without Trump's approval then you know Trump would be suing them, and, that suit would be making headlines.

Old 05-22-2016, 05:09 PM

2,423 posts, read 3,001,231 times
IF Trump becomes president no wall will be built. Trump has already started back peddling on some of his big points he made earlier during his campaign. The wall was one of them. The wall is now a "suggestion." Trump supporters haven't said anything about the back peddling. If it had been Ted Cruz.... watch out.

For not being a politician for that long of time Trump has sure got a hang of politics: tell the sheep what they want to hear for support and votes.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or