U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-13-2016, 10:11 PM

20,611 posts, read 12,286,582 times

Advertisements

North Carolina lawmakers are debating a bill designed to kill a program created by nonprofits and faith groups that gives undocumented immigrants, homeless people, ex-prisoners, and others identification cards to use with law enforcement and medical facilities.
On Tuesday, two North Carolina lawmakers introduced Senate Bill 868, an anti-immigration bill that would prohibit law enforcement officials from accepting FaithAction IDs, which are used by police in certain cities to identify undocumented immigrants.

North Carolina Lawmakers Are Trying To Take Away The Only ID Undocumented Immigrants Can Get | ThinkProgress

Better yet; about about arresting ANY illegal alien caught with that kind of ID? Their kind would be leaving the US real soon once word gets out that NC ain't playing.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-13-2016, 10:25 PM

4,523 posts, read 1,943,217 times
How the heck does a non-profit religious group create IDs anyway? There is no legitimacy to this. Can I show my debit card to buy liquor if it has my photo on it? Can a church make up a serial number, take my picture, have me sign it, and then that stands in for a passport? Such nonsense. This group needs their tax exemption revoked.

Old 05-13-2016, 10:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaphawoman View Post
How the heck does a non-profit religious group create IDs anyway? There is no legitimacy to this. Can I show my debit card to buy liquor if it has my photo on it? Can a church make up a serial number, take my picture, have me sign it, and then that stands in for a passport? Such nonsense. This group needs their tax exemption revoked.
Def some real good questions here. "Churches" like that ain't any better than "religious groups" like the Nation of Islam, KKK and so on.

Old 05-13-2016, 11:08 PM

30,418 posts, read 9,092,686 times
The biggest joke is the reference to its being an "anti-immigration" bill.

When will they cut the krapola? An invasion is not immigration, and illegal aliens are not "undocumented immigrants."

Old 05-14-2016, 07:55 AM

31,500 posts, read 14,573,470 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Delahanty View Post
The biggest joke is the reference to its being an "anti-immigration" bill.

When will they cut the krapola? An invasion is not immigration, and illegal aliens are not "undocumented immigrants."

I couldn't agree more. These pro-illegals love to blur the lines between legal and illegal and use PC terms to describe those in our country illegally. Agenda, much?

Old 05-14-2016, 06:09 PM

599 posts, read 287,734 times
This bill defunds sanctuary cities as well which needs to happen even though Governor McCrory already signed a bill banning them in the first place.

Why can't we call "Undocumented Immigrants" illegal immigrants instead of being politically correct all of the time?

Old 05-14-2016, 06:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PyroZach View Post
This bill defunds sanctuary cities as well which needs to happen even though Governor McCrory already signed a bill banning them in the first place.

Why can't we call "Undocumented Immigrants" illegal immigrants instead of being politically correct all of the time?
Ask the MSM; even tho MOST of the comments run about 10 to against illegal immigration, even the far left "lib" sites like Think Progress ain't real illegal alien friendly in THEIR comments section.

Old 05-14-2016, 07:05 PM

10,833 posts, read 11,568,485 times
How dare you NC!!! Didn't you get the memo? We're rolling out the red carpet for all illegal..err...undocumented immigrants these days.

Old 05-14-2016, 07:08 PM

32,114 posts, read 39,184,670 times
"Illegal" and "Undocumented" are so 2015. Here in Maryland it's "New Americans". At least it was until former Governor O'Malley stopped running for President.

Old 05-14-2016, 07:51 PM

404 posts, read 248,191 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Packard fan View Post
North Carolina lawmakers are debating a bill designed to kill a program created by nonprofits and faith groups that gives undocumented immigrants, homeless people, ex-prisoners, and others identification cards to use with law enforcement and medical facilities.
On Tuesday, two North Carolina lawmakers introduced Senate Bill 868, an anti-immigration bill that would prohibit law enforcement officials from accepting FaithAction IDs, which are used by police in certain cities to identify undocumented immigrants.

North Carolina Lawmakers Are Trying To Take Away The Only ID Undocumented Immigrants Can Get | ThinkProgress

Better yet; about about arresting ANY illegal alien caught with that kind of ID? Their kind would be leaving the US real soon once word gets out that NC ain't playing.
Wow, we need to do something, this is just not good for illegal immigration...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration