U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-14-2016, 07:57 PM

404 posts, read 248,430 times

Advertisements

Tucson bishop advocates for immigration reform - San Antonio Express-News

Wow, this is great for the illegal immigration cause! Its good to see people in community that are getting involved.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-14-2016, 09:18 PM

5,918 posts, read 6,360,265 times
LOL.. They're lawbreakers nothing more, nothing less. But the obvious trolling is duly noted.

Old 05-14-2016, 09:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by VLWH View Post
LOL.. They're lawbreakers nothing more, nothing less.
Maybe, but a law has no power if people don't follow it...case in point..there used to be a website called like dumb laws. com or something like that. Anyway, one of the laws was that it was illegal to fart in an elevator! lmao. Can you believe that?

Anyways, I don't know if you read the article, but this part makes sense.

It was a religious and political message that drew from the Gospel of Matthew’s plea to welcome the stranger, often quoted by immigrant advocates, Catholic leaders and the U.S. Conference of Catholic Bishops

Old 05-15-2016, 05:45 AM

31,645 posts, read 14,607,060 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Down in a Hole View Post
Maybe, but a law has no power if people don't follow it...case in point..there used to be a website called like dumb laws. com or something like that. Anyway, one of the laws was that it was illegal to fart in an elevator! lmao. Can you believe that?

It was a religious and political message that drew from the Gospel of Matthew’s plea to welcome the stranger, often quoted by immigrant advocates, Catholic leaders and the U.S. Conference of Catholic Bishops

There is nothing dumb about having immigration laws. What would be dumb is to not have them. We'd have 2 billion needy foreigners flooding our borders without them. Laws will always be broken by some but not having laws would be chaos. We do welcome the stranger......legally! God said to obey the laws of the land, not take from others what doesn't belong to you and to obey his Ten Commandments none of which illegal aliens do.

Old 05-15-2016, 05:56 AM

4,533 posts, read 1,947,599 times
What is it with the Catholic Church and their treason? Why don't we ever hear of Protestant denominations wading into politics and bending over backwards for illegals? Something tells me if Latin America were Mormon, the Vatican would not be so active on this issue.

Old 05-16-2016, 01:46 AM

5,971 posts, read 2,797,380 times
Churches get money from osucko for muslim refugees. Its all about the money.

Old 05-16-2016, 10:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by westcoastforme View Post
Osucko lmao..thats funny.

Old 05-17-2016, 07:17 PM

19,189 posts, read 14,087,122 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Down in a Hole View Post

We separate state and religion here. And please, an illegal alien is not an immigrant but that is a common mistake of someone that supports breaking the laws of the US by entering the country without authorization and their sympathizers/exploiters.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
There is nothing dumb about having immigration laws. What would be dumb is to not have them. We'd have 2 billion needy foreigners flooding our borders without them. Laws will always be broken by some but not having laws would be chaos. We do welcome the stranger......legally! God said to obey the laws of the land, not take from others what doesn't belong to you and to obey his Ten Commandments none of which illegal aliens do.
When the Catholics pick up the tab of $113 billion a year, I'll listen to what they have to say.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaphawoman View Post
What is it with the Catholic Church and their treason? Why don't we ever hear of Protestant denominations wading into politics and bending over backwards for illegals? Something tells me if Latin America were Mormon, the Vatican would not be so active on this issue.
Kind of like the Democrats, except that it is "money" rather than "votes" they are pandering for.

Quote:
Originally Posted by westcoastforme View Post
I remember when we were living in Salina, KS when the Catholic Church "resettled" some Vietnamese there. I had a "conversation" about how they should move them to their neighborhood and out of mine! They used to cup their eyes on my large picture window and look into our house!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or