U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-23-2016, 01:46 PM

23,599 posts, read 31,135,299 times

Advertisements

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-23-2016, 04:17 PM

5,970 posts, read 2,788,739 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Packard fan View Post
“I feel like this is terrorism against our people,” Bonilla added. “They feel so harassed — they’re so uncomfortable. I spoke with a client yesterday who said she hasn’t bought food because she’s so afraid to go out.”

Obama's Immigration Raids Are Turning Latino Communities Into Ghost Towns | ThinkProgress

I don't see the big deal here since illegal aliens ARE lawbreakers.
Obama is actually deporting people?????

Old 05-23-2016, 04:32 PM

1,017 posts, read 552,739 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by westcoastforme View Post
Obama is actually deporting people?????
Not in our state....

Old 05-23-2016, 04:38 PM

9,173 posts, read 5,374,381 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by theunbrainwashed View Post
But but but, I thought it was a lie that Obama said he was deporting illegal aliens? I thought Obummer and the Demoncrapzzz lurv the illeguls
You think an article from Think Progress is telling the truth and isn't pushing an agenda to make things easier on criminals (illegals)? Of course you do, you're in the same thought camp.

Old 05-23-2016, 05:25 PM

31,471 posts, read 14,559,147 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Haakon View Post
You think an article from Think Progress is telling the truth and isn't pushing an agenda to make things easier on criminals (illegals)? Of course you do, you're in the same thought camp.

Think Progress? Oh yeah.

Old 05-28-2016, 02:24 PM

1,259 posts, read 1,045,343 times
I'll come out and say it: I don't care about whether immigrants (honestly, many of them should be called refugees) in desperate circumstances come here illegally to escape horrific violence and extreme poverty. Many if not most of these people come as families. They're human beings. The laws themselves are unjust. And for a country that takes great pride in its founders - who were literally traitors to the British Crown - and for a country that was founded by immigrants, there is an awful lot of seething rage and cruelty expressed toward these immigrants. And a lot of that hostility is racial, I don't care what people say.

Old 05-28-2016, 03:16 PM

20,611 posts, read 12,278,864 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AllenSJC View Post
I'll come out and say it: I don't care about whether immigrants (honestly, many of them should be called refugees) in desperate circumstances come here illegally to escape horrific violence and extreme poverty. Many if not most of these people come as families. They're human beings. The laws themselves are unjust. And for a country that takes great pride in its founders - who were literally traitors to the British Crown - and for a country that was founded by immigrants, there is an awful lot of seething rage and cruelty expressed toward these immigrants. And a lot of that hostility is racial, I don't care what people say.
Uh; why ain't you directing your anger against LatAm for how it treats its own kind? Too; line for line what the US did against England back in the day, LatAm did the same to Spain.

Old 05-28-2016, 05:43 PM

31,471 posts, read 14,559,147 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AllenSJC View Post
Only a small number are legitimate refugees. Poverty does not qualify you as a refugees nor should it. We have enough of our own poverty stricken citizens to care for. Being human and having a family does not excuse anyone for breaking the law and taking from others what doesn't belong to them.

How are our laws unjust? We have annual quotas for legal immigration in keeping with our ability to provide immigrants with jobs and resources without it negatively impacting our own citizens while keeping population growth in mind. Those are sane policies and illegal immigration negates those sane policies. It would be unjust to our own citizens to change them to accommodate anyone in the world who wants to come here. We cannot be the employment agency and flophouse to the world.

Our country was founded by settlers and immigrants not illegal aliens. You do know the difference, don't you? Illegal aliens aren't "immigrants" and we have every reason to feel hostile towards them for the above reasons. They also cost us $113 billion a year in taxes and they overcrowd our schools, jails, hospitals and neighborhoods. Illegal alien isn't a race it's an unlawful status in our country so how are our sane policies and laws racist? Are you not aware that within those legal quotas that Mexicans and other Latinos enjoy the highest quotas by far?

Old 05-28-2016, 07:46 PM

5,762 posts, read 2,955,896 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katygirl68 View Post
What raids? I don't believe it for a moment. It's Think Progress. They want people to think Obama is so strong on border enforcement while at the same time painting it as a horrible offense that these poor people are being deported and the fear is so great they don't even get food. Please!
Exactly.
Many Border Patrol agents have been coming forward and saying they've been told to stand down and not deport.. They are supposed to just I ignore them unless it's outright criminals.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or