U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-20-2016, 05:51 PM

20,611 posts, read 12,286,582 times

Advertisements

“I feel like this is terrorism against our people,” Bonilla added. “They feel so harassed — they’re so uncomfortable. I spoke with a client yesterday who said she hasn’t bought food because she’s so afraid to go out.”

Obama's Immigration Raids Are Turning Latino Communities Into Ghost Towns | ThinkProgress

I don't see the big deal here since illegal aliens ARE lawbreakers.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-20-2016, 05:57 PM

2,060 posts, read 929,985 times
...So? If those Latino communities are illegal alien communities, then they deserve to be ghost towns. I'm not saying all of them are, but if those raids are in certain places, then it's a good thing they're ghost towns.

They came here illegally. Throw them back down south of the border.

Old 05-20-2016, 06:46 PM

25,060 posts, read 22,112,973 times
But but but, I thought it was a lie that Obama said he was deporting illegal aliens? I thought Obummer and the Demoncrapzzz lurv the illeguls

Old 05-20-2016, 06:49 PM

11,488 posts, read 5,511,317 times
They should feel "so uncomfortable" --- after all, they have no business being here. They deserve to be harassed as does anyone who breaks the law.

I see that the article interviewed illegals in Wheaton, MD --- a place that has been destroyed by illegal immigration. I find it ironic with MD being a sanctuary state for illegals, that the illegals are running scared (as well they should be). All those businesses that are losing customers---well, if a business either hires illegals or caters to illegals, it is a diseased business and needs to die.

Old 05-20-2016, 06:51 PM

11,488 posts, read 5,511,317 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by theunbrainwashed View Post
But but but, I thought it was a lie that Obama said he was deporting illegal aliens? I thought Obummer and the Demoncrapzzz lurv the illeguls
They do love the illegals. Did you notice that the article said they are only going after illegals who came here after May 2014? Or didn't you read it? What's that all about? Why aren't they going after all illegals? If you're trying to make a case for Obama being tough on illegals, try again. Besides, MD is still a sanctuary state for them.

Old 05-20-2016, 07:42 PM

31,488 posts, read 14,573,470 times
From what I understand only those illegals from Central America who tried to claim refugee status but failed to prove their case were targeted as they already had orders of removal from our country. Naturally, they defied those orders and hid. Those who support illegal aliens or are here illegally themselves make crazy claims that innocent legal Latinos will be targeted and they make those claims to protect the illegal kind. Their tactics fool no one. Anyone here legally would be able to prove it and would have nothing to worry about so it's all smoke and mirrors.

Old 05-20-2016, 08:30 PM

12,989 posts, read 5,399,067 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthernTiger099 View Post
...So? If those Latino communities are illegal alien communities, then they deserve to be ghost towns. I'm not saying all of them are, but if those raids are in certain places, then it's a good thing they're ghost towns.

They came here illegally. Throw them back down south of the border.
What raids? I don't believe it for a moment. It's Think Progress. They want people to think Obama is so strong on border enforcement while at the same time painting it as a horrible offense that these poor people are being deported and the fear is so great they don't even get food. Please!

Old 05-20-2016, 08:41 PM

20,611 posts, read 12,286,582 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katygirl68 View Post
What raids? I don't believe it for a moment. It's Think Progress. They want people to think Obama is so strong on border enforcement while at the same time painting it as a horrible offense that these poor people are being deported and the fear is so great they don't even get food. Please!
Well; that WILL backfire on TP since that kind of reporting WILL just get use anti illegal alien people to push harder for mass deportations IMHO.

Old 05-23-2016, 09:44 AM

5,464 posts, read 2,300,270 times
Quote:

Are you actually going to pretend that Democrats DON'T love illegal immigration?

LOL!

Old 05-23-2016, 10:30 AM

19,189 posts, read 14,068,763 times
Quote:
It was a "token" amount, if any, to make the Democratic party look a little better.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BOS2IAD View Post
They do love the illegals. Did you notice that the article said they are only going after illegals who came here after May 2014? Or didn't you read it? What's that all about? Why aren't they going after all illegals? If you're trying to make a case for Obama being tough on illegals, try again. Besides, MD is still a sanctuary state for them.
"Token".

Quote:
Originally Posted by katygirl68 View Post
Yep, "token".

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyster View Post
Are you actually going to pretend that Democrats DON'T love illegal immigration?

LOL!
Oh, they love "illegal immigration", they love the illegal drugs coming in, the cheap workers and most importantly, the potential VOTES! Illegal aliens with stolen IDs do vote now.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or