Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-25-2016, 03:36 AM

2,141 posts, read 1,387,326 times

Advertisements

https://www.washingtonpost.com/natio...dae_story.html

How? No, someone tell me. Someone just tell me. How the hell can you not give a damn about your own residents this much? Are their politicians really this stupid, or am i just going crazy? Maybe i've died, and i've gone to hell, because this is just what i expect.

"The City That Knows How" that's just a pathetic lie that's not worth laughing at. Pandering to illegals for votes. Letting neighborhoods go downhill. Letting the gangs be a problem. Homeless in the streets. Yeah, that's really knowing how, ain't it? No, at best, their leaders only care about votes. and at worst, they don't care anymore. The City That Knows How, my foot. If there's one person on this forum that agrees with this decision...

I know we're not going to be able to break through the skulls of people like John Avalos and Edwin M. Lee, and it's obvious we won't be able to. I can yell and scream as loud as i can, and nothing will change. San Francisco is going to keep pandering to the illegals and coddling them, and there's nothing we can do to convince them otherwise. And since apparently, this is what their leaders want for their city, who am i and who are we to complain?

In a normal country, things would have changed by now. But at this point, in states like California and cities like Los Angeles and San Francisco, nothing will change. And this just made it obvious that the city's leaders did not care and never will about Kate Steinle.

No personal attacks were intentionally made in the typing of this post.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-25-2016, 07:22 AM

8,061 posts, read 4,885,133 times
Default These Cities are in clear violation of Federal Law.

If there was a will all Federal Funding should be cut the city Government should be removed for no compliance of the law. Arizona was sued for pro law enforcement for AZ 1070, so should SF. The Govenor can technically takeover a city if laws are not carried out.

So this problem comes from the California State house and the Governors Office.

Old 05-25-2016, 10:01 AM

30,419 posts, read 20,304,341 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthernTiger099 View Post

How? No, someone tell me. Someone just tell me. How the hell can you not give a damn about your own residents this much? Are their politicians really this stupid, or am i just going crazy? Maybe i've died, and i've gone to hell, because this is just what i expect.

"The City That Knows How" that's just a pathetic lie that's not worth laughing at. Pandering to illegals for votes. Letting neighborhoods go downhill. Letting the gangs be a problem. Homeless in the streets. Yeah, that's really knowing how, ain't it? No, at best, their leaders only care about votes. and at worst, they don't care anymore. The City That Knows How, my foot. If there's one person on this forum that agrees with this decision...

I know we're not going to be able to break through the skulls of people like John Avalos and Edwin M. Lee, and it's obvious we won't be able to. I can yell and scream as loud as i can, and nothing will change. San Francisco is going to keep pandering to the illegals and coddling them, and there's nothing we can do to convince them otherwise. And since apparently, this is what their leaders want for their city, who am i and who are we to complain?

In a normal country, things would have changed by now. But at this point, in states like California and cities like Los Angeles and San Francisco, nothing will change. And this just made it obvious that the city's leaders did not care and never will about Kate Steinle.

I have read that thee is a large percentage of people who are wishing to leave the Bay Area for this very reason, and many of them are leaving.

This is a shame. I spent quite a lot of time in the Bay Area in the 60's while in the Navy, and lived with an old H.S. friend and his parents on the weekends in Palo Alto. It was a fun and exciting, as well as a beautiful place, to be. Many fond memories. But this "sanctuary" stuff is not only making it less safe, it is causing its demise as a desirable place to live.

It would seem to me that declaring a city a "sanctuary" is equivalent to thumbing your nose at Federal immigration law and even the Constitution, as I do not think that a state has the sovereignty to make their own law where Federal law already exists. Not sure about that, but I don't think they have the legal authority to set their own immigration policy which is in violation of Federal law.

I wonder how it would work out if (assuming a Trump presidency) instead of deporting illegals Trump were to send them all to S.F or L.A. or other "sanctuary cities?" I have a feeling that would be a game changer for those cities.

Old 05-25-2016, 12:17 PM

22,472 posts, read 11,995,014 times
It's a shame that the libs who run San Francisco are willing to put it in the toilet. For what? All in the name of PC BS? Coddling lawbreakers and disrespecting law-abiding residents? --- Law-abiding residents who, eventually, will be forced to take their money elsewhere. If they're going to pay exorbitant housing prices, they should demand better. But...far too many low information voters keep electing the same idiots over and over again. Anyone who does that, deserves what they get. I feel for the law-abiding residents who get what's going on and try to vote in people who care.

San Francisco is (but for how long?) a beautiful, charming and unique city. It's a shame that it's being allowed to circle the bowl.

Old 05-25-2016, 01:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BOS2IAD View Post
It's a shame that the libs who run San Francisco are willing to put it in the toilet. For what? All in the name of PC BS? Coddling lawbreakers and disrespecting law-abiding residents? --- Law-abiding residents who, eventually, will be forced to take their money elsewhere. If they're going to pay exorbitant housing prices, they should demand better. But...far too many low information voters keep electing the same idiots over and over again. Anyone who does that, deserves what they get. I feel for the law-abiding residents who get what's going on and try to vote in people who care.

San Francisco is (but for how long?) a beautiful, charming and unique city. It's a shame that it's being allowed to circle the bowl.
And when you think of how small San Francisco is, think of how it will be in 15-20, maybe 5-10 years.

Old 05-25-2016, 02:03 PM

9,981 posts, read 8,590,580 times
They better leave by January 2017 or Trump will haul them out at the point of a gun.

Old 05-25-2016, 06:04 PM

22,472 posts, read 11,995,014 times
Quote:
And when you think of how small San Francisco is, think of how it will be in 15-20, maybe 5-10 years.
Just thinking about that^is depressing

Old 05-25-2016, 07:00 PM

20,524 posts, read 15,901,778 times
I don't like saying this but; it might take the murder of a Dianne Feinstein by an illegal alien to finally wake up the fools "running" Calif.

Old 05-25-2016, 09:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Packard fan View Post
I don't like saying this but; it might take the murder of a Dianne Feinstein by an illegal alien to finally wake up the fools "running" Calif.
Sadly, you're likely right, but there's also a chance that won't be enough to wake them up. While i dislike Dianne Feinstein and her policies, i don't want her to be killed.

Old 05-26-2016, 05:02 AM

10,829 posts, read 5,435,569 times
Quote:

Trump will deny all federal funding to sanctuary cities.

Vote for Trump!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration