U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 05-21-2016, 07:16 AM
 
Location: Kansas
19,189 posts, read 14,107,285 times
Reputation: 18142

Advertisements

I came across this yesterday about how Trump and Bill Clinton were not that far apart on illegal immigration. I had not remembered it since at that time, I was not aware of the huge negative impact it was having on our nation.

Here's the 1996 video of Bill Clinton Democrats DESPERATELY don't want you to see... - Allen B. West - AllenBWest.com
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 05-21-2016, 09:12 AM
 
Location: Alexander Archipelago
2,827 posts, read 1,510,672 times
Reputation: 2776
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnywhereElse View Post
I came across this yesterday about how Trump and Bill Clinton were not that far apart on illegal immigration. I had not remembered it since at that time, I was not aware of the huge negative impact it was having on our nation.

Here's the 1996 video of Bill Clinton Democrats DESPERATELY don't want you to see... - Allen B. West - AllenBWest.com

I suspect that Bill and Hillary are on the same page here, which probably hasn't changed much, if any, since 1996. What has changed is that the issue has become more of what to do with current "illegals".

However, "illegal immigrant" has now become a politically incorrect term..

Hillary said the following in 2015, then apologized later for the "illegal immigrant" phrase.

"Well, I voted numerous times when I was a senator to spend money to build a barrier to try to prevent illegal immigrants from coming in," Clinton said. "And I do think you have to control your borders."
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-21-2016, 01:17 PM
 
17,022 posts, read 9,084,814 times
Reputation: 5686
Hillary Clinton says U.S.-Mexico border is secure - Washington Times


"Democratic presidential front-runner Hillary Clinton said Thursday that the southwest border is secure enough that the government should now turn its attention to trying to legalize illegal immigrants.
In an interview with KTAR radio in Phoenix, Mrs. Clinton said improvements under President George W. Bush and President Obama, including several hundred miles of fencing, have cut net illegal immigration from Mexico to zero.
“Now I think it’s time to turn our attention to comprehensive immigration reform,” she said, using the term immigrant rights advocates use for legislation to legalize the 11 million illegal immigrants now in the country."






This is not the person we want as President.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-21-2016, 01:57 PM
 
Location: Los Angeles
4,541 posts, read 1,952,766 times
Reputation: 6814
Yup. And here is Democratic Senate leader Harry Reid from 1993:


https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qqyeb-5ZfEc

This was back when he cared more about the citizens of Nevada than getting anchor baby votes.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-21-2016, 06:32 PM
 
11,563 posts, read 5,538,125 times
Reputation: 9900
I remember when the Clinton Administration built the wall between Tijuana and San Diego, which cut down drastically crime and illegal crossings. It was one of the reasons I voted to re-elect him. Now we have the internet and have learned a lot more about the Clintons that we didn't know previously...

As for Dirty Harry Reid --- he claimed that he had a change of heart when it came to illegals because his wife told him that he was being too mean to them. I suspect it's more than that---most likely he got into the pockets of some mega-rich donors who wanted the flow of illegals to continue and keep the border unprotected.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-21-2016, 10:07 PM
 
31,753 posts, read 14,639,851 times
Reputation: 8468
Quote:
Originally Posted by BOS2IAD View Post
I remember when the Clinton Administration built the wall between Tijuana and San Diego, which cut down drastically crime and illegal crossings. It was one of the reasons I voted to re-elect him. Now we have the internet and have learned a lot more about the Clintons that we didn't know previously...

As for Dirty Harry Reid --- he claimed that he had a change of heart when it came to illegals because his wife told him that he was being too mean to them. I suspect it's more than that---most likely he got into the pockets of some mega-rich donors who wanted the flow of illegals to continue and keep the border unprotected.

Yep, he lives in Nevada a state with dozens of casinos who like the cheap labor. No coincidence there, right?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-21-2016, 10:08 PM
 
Location: 23.7 million to 162 million miles North of Venus
5,275 posts, read 4,799,787 times
Reputation: 4251
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluesjuke View Post
Hillary Clinton says U.S.-Mexico border is secure - Washington Times


"Democratic presidential front-runner Hillary Clinton said Thursday that the southwest border is secure enough that the government should now turn its attention to trying to legalize illegal immigrants.
In an interview with KTAR radio in Phoenix, Mrs. Clinton said improvements under President George W. Bush and President Obama, including several hundred miles of fencing, have cut net illegal immigration from Mexico to zero.
“Now I think it’s time to turn our attention to comprehensive immigration reform,” she said, using the term immigrant rights advocates use for legislation to legalize the 11 million illegal immigrants now in the country."






This is not the person we want as President.
"It’s just not happening any more.”

She lies so effortlessly.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-22-2016, 11:45 AM
 
17,022 posts, read 9,084,814 times
Reputation: 5686
Quote:
Originally Posted by berdee View Post
"It’s just not happening any more.”

She lies so effortlessly.


Yet obviously.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top