U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Easter!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-08-2016, 12:41 PM

9,985 posts, read 6,396,887 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by dannyboy84 View Post
As for the other point, changing the Constitution is the only way to take away birth right citizenship.
No, because the 14th Amedment does not automatically grant citizenship to
every child born in the U.S. The 14th Amendment doesn't have to change.
The citizenship clause is misinterpreted by current law.
Foreign parents are not "under the jurisdiction" of the United States.
They are citizens of another country and if they are here illegally they must be
repatriated back to their land as trespassers, back to their jurisdiction, with
their baby who is a foreign citizen with no rights to be here at all.

Read this House Subcommittee testimony from last year on Border Security.
If we elect the right President, we can stop foreign criminals from having
their children in America.

https://judiciary.house.gov/wp-conte...-Testimony.pdf
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-08-2016, 01:11 PM

32,826 posts, read 30,101,014 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dannyboy84 View Post
The wall will deter the "loners" but it wont deter where I believe the majority of these illegals are coming from.....The people who come here legally...mainly saying visiting the us for vacation or education then not boarding the plane, car or whatever home. Goes back to my point of are we going to cut off tourism then? What about study abroad opportunities cut those off too? As I mention a fair amount come into the country through the "proper channels" then don't leave or renew visas.

Also and I don;t want to make assumptions on your thinking so if I am wrong my apologies but how do you think some of these guys are getting here? Its not like they just stroll across the boarder without a care in the world and the only reason they do it is because no wall was there. They bribe people..mayeb even border guards...cops are bought off from drug cartels and organized crime all the time..since smuggling illegals can be considered organized crime I am lumping in bribing of border officials as well. People like freight haulers. Smugglers..i believe the lingo in the southwest is "coyotes" Texas/Arizona tourist who they hide in their trunk or something. You know how many cars go back and forth through the border. A non-threatening looking family is usually waived through...been like that for years...since pre-Reagan, hell maybe even pre-Kennedy.

As for the other point, changing the Constitution is the only way to take away birth right citizenship and that's a long process without a high success rate. Lets face it...if a U.S. parent commits a crime they go to jail. Doesn't matter if they have kids or not right? If you are a parent and get caught stealing you go to jail. You don't get to bring your kid with you. Can I say you aren't a decent parent because you won't take your kid to lockup? these parents committed a crime the punishment is deportation. You lost your kid well you should've thought about it much like the American citizen should've thought about that before they stole/sold drugs/whatever.
An LA cop just got busted doing that and on top of losing his job he may do jail time.

The wall in the SD area has brought illegal crossing almost to a stop. Certainly better than the constant stream of illegals that used to come through in the 90s.

Old 06-09-2016, 01:35 PM

4,707 posts, read 3,344,785 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by T-310 View Post
Why wasn't Obama arrested? He had full knowledge his drunken uncle and his welfare sucking aunt were here illegally.

Remember when he lied about not knowing Uncle Drunkle? And then it turned out that the two of them LIVED TOGETHER at one point in Boston.

The fish rots from the head down, and our government is rotten where illegal aliens are concerned.

Old 06-29-2016, 05:41 PM

100 posts, read 57,711 times
Another thing that is disgusting is how the catholic bishops so unshakably promote open borders.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or