Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-26-2016, 10:46 AM

304 posts, read 158,896 times

Advertisements

Now this is just my opinion but I think the best way to stop illegal immigrants from "taking our jerbs" is realy simple but noone wants to do it...its not a fence or a wall or mass deportations, its

HEAVILY FINE THE PEOPLE WHO ARE HIRING THE ILLEGAL WORKERS.

Seriously, every time law enforcement arrest other people who break the law, drug dealers, gun runners, human traffickers, people connected to organized crime, basically anything with a "head guy" there always seem to be a familiar trend...give us your supplier, who do you work for, where did you get "the stuff" they are always willing to make deals with the low level "worms" to get the "big fish" cut off the organization at its head. In theory if the organization is crippled it will reduce the illegal activity. Granted another outfit would take over sooner or later but at least there is a process.

However, when illegal immigrants are involved its round up the immigrant and get that person out of here and move on. The person that hired said illegal is free to go about their business and hire a new guy. here is how it works...

Chose ANY illegal activity...i'll chose drug dealing...now lets say i';m a cop (for the record I am not) I arrest a low level punk selling dime bags, I grill him and find his supplier, me and the fellow officers go to that supplier and go to his boss than the next boss and further and further up to chain to try and cripple the organization and hope for the best but of course the organization will get wise and try to stay away from the area and say "the cops are on to us" and its cat and mouse but at least something is being done.

it seems with illegal immigrants I can practically go to a job site in the morning, arrest lets say 5 illegal immigrants and walk away from the job site with ONLY the illegals...by the end of lunch the person doing THE HIRING has now replaced the 5 illegals with 5 more illegals because why not...its not like we did anything to him...this person who is hiring illegals just replaces them like paper cups because he face zero repercussions for his actions.

If we treated the people who HIRE illegals like the same people who are the boss of XYZ ILLEGAL operation I'm willing to bet that would solve the illegal immigrant problem a hell of alot quicker and cheaper than any wall could do. Lets say we fine said business owner who hired an illegal immigrant 5X the minimum wage per worker per day...so going back to the 5 immigrant example (7.25 x 5=$36.25 per hour for all 5 illegals x 8 (standard work day of 8 hours ) =290 x 5 workers=$1450) so a bussines owner who just hired 5 illegal immigrant workers for the day will now have to pay a fine of $1450 for the one day alone thats alot more than what they intended to pay those illegals for those work days or paying 5 AMERICANS to do the job for the day at minimum wage.

Why are we so afraid to go after the so called job creators when they are not even creating jobs for US???
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-26-2016, 10:59 AM

9,858 posts, read 11,872,672 times
America is so has been, even the illegals aren't coming here anymore. Seriously. It's no longer a thing. All the illegals that wanted to come here are here. Its the legal immigration you need to be worried about! Legal immigrants are going to be doing not only the low wage scut work (do you or anyone you know want to be a hotel maid?) but nearly all the higher wage work too. When last did you see a hotel maid that wasn't Central American? Is it possible that Donald Trump who made a fortune in the Hospitality Industry is not up past his elbows in illegal hires? Who is going to arrest Trump?

Last edited by Leisesturm; 05-26-2016 at 11:11 AM..

Old 05-26-2016, 11:04 AM

38,967 posts, read 27,344,331 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dannyboy84 View Post
Now this is just my opinion but I think the best way to stop illegal immigrants from "taking our jerbs" is realy simple but noone wants to do it...its not a fence or a wall or mass deportations, its
[b]
I agree with you. But this is only part of the solution.

Many illegals are not here to work. Secure the border is still important.

You can do both

a. secure the border

Michael savage once said, "Culture, language, border, there you have a country"

b. what you have suggested

Old 05-26-2016, 11:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leisesturm View Post
Who is going to arrest Trump?
That's my point exactly...Law enforcement works their way up the organization to get to the head...we arrest heads of illegal operations all the time, we get the "big fish", but for Trump and many many others who use illegal immigrants to make extra profits at the expense of American workers we arrest "the worms" (illegals) and don't go after the "big fish"

Old 05-26-2016, 11:12 AM

68,277 posts, read 54,030,041 times
Fines just get written off as a cost of doing business.

We need to give jail time to those who hire and benefit from illegals and the problem will go away.

Old 05-26-2016, 11:14 AM

9,858 posts, read 11,872,672 times
Quote:
That's my point exactly...Law enforcement works their way up the organization to get to the head...we arrest heads of illegal operations all the time, we get the "big fish", but for Trump and many many others who use illegal immigrants to make extra profits at the expense of American workers we arrest "the worms" (illegals) and don't go after the "big fish"
So you post is mistitled, and a waste of our time. You have no solution. I want my time back!

Old 05-26-2016, 11:20 AM

What are you babbling...I think we should fine/arrest those who are doing the hiring. I don't get why we go after the heads of any other organization of illegal activity but we don't fine/arrest the Donald Trumps of the world.

Old 05-26-2016, 11:26 AM

72,816 posts, read 62,127,610 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
Fines just get written off as a cost of doing business.

We need to give jail time to those who hire and benefit from illegals and the problem will go away.
I would propose this. Hire and illegal, your business should be taken away from you.

Old 05-26-2016, 11:28 AM

27,307 posts, read 16,123,141 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leisesturm View Post
America is so has been, even the illegals aren't coming here anymore. Seriously. It's no longer a thing. All the illegals that wanted to come here are here. Its the legal immigration you need to be worried about! Legal immigrants are going to be doing not only the low wage scut work (do you or anyone you know want to be a hotel maid?) but nearly all the higher wage work too. When last did you see a hotel maid that wasn't Central American? Is it possible that Donald Trump who made a fortune in the Hospitality Industry is not up past his elbows in illegal hires? Who is going to arrest Trump?
Why wasn't Obama arrested? He had full knowledge his drunken uncle and his welfare sucking aunt were here illegally.

Old 05-26-2016, 11:34 AM

34,620 posts, read 21,449,697 times
Quote:

Fine? No, jail.

Too many companies will probably feel they can get away with it long enough and then only be fined for a portion of the time, because it may be hard to prove how long the illegal labor was used, and it will still be to there benefit.

You put the business owner in jail, well, that will be a lot more intimidating for most.

Obviously, the best would be fines and jail, but you need the jail time.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration