U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Easter!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-27-2016, 08:53 PM

20,611 posts, read 12,282,218 times

Advertisements

There is a point in everyone's life that changes you significantly. It is almost as if you die and return, no longer blind to the cruel realities of your former life. That life-changing moment, which rushed me from a carefree teen into adulthood, occurred when my dad was deported.

Just to be sure, I'm telling my friends to register and vote, because this election is critical to the future of America.
- Kerry Gutierrez

On Nov. 11, 2011, my dad was picked up for an unresolved traffic citation from years earlier. He had one court hearing, then another, eventually ending up in an immigration detention center. He agreed to immediate voluntary departure so that my mother's undocumented status would not be exposed.

Opinion: Supreme Court justices, please consider the future of U.S. citizen children | Fox News Latino

Uh; YOUR parents BROKE the law by being ILLEGAL aliens. Mexico ain't that bad; so, Kerry, you'll have to learn to be "Mexican" once you're back home WITH your mom and dad.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-27-2016, 09:01 PM
NCN

21,136 posts, read 21,125,167 times
Her dad caused her circumstances by breaking the law at least twice and she is blaming conservatives for it. Too bad she is so blind to the cruelty he did when he took jobs other legal Americans could have done. I am tired of being blamed for what illegals have done to their children. Illegals are largely responsible for our national debt because we had to support many people that should not have been our problem.

Our country is good to people but there is a point where we have to put a stop to the influx in order to preserve our country and prevent its destruction. There is a legal road to citizenship and you shouldn't be blaming us because your parents took a shortcut, an illegal shortcut! Our country needs to get back to law and order. Our president calls the confederate flag a symbol of hate but the Mexican flag must be the symbol of love for him because he seems to love Mexicans more than he loves people with southern ancestors. We are not out of line: your parents and the president are both wrong and illegal.

Last edited by NCN; 05-27-2016 at 09:15 PM..

Old 05-27-2016, 09:13 PM

20,611 posts, read 12,282,218 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NCN View Post
Her dad caused her circumstances by breaking the law at least twice and she is blaming conservatives for it. Too bad she is so blind to the cruelty he did when he took jobs other legal Americans could have done. I am tired of being blamed for what illegals have done to their children. Illegals are largely responsible for our national debt because we had to support many people that should not have been our problem.

Our country is good to people but there is a point where we have to put a stop to the influx in order to preserve our country and prevent its destruction. There is a legal road to citizenship and you shouldn't be blaming us because your parents took a shortcut, an illegal shortcut!
IMHO Kerry knows what's going on and, trying to keep up the scam.

Old 05-28-2016, 06:13 AM

19,189 posts, read 14,062,995 times
Oh, boo hoo! That is the way it works for all criminals. No discrimination there. Plenty of people get pay the price for their crimes. What others need to take from this is to get their plans in order to reverse their criminal action of entering the US without authorization as they could be next.

We all know they come here and try to attach themselves to our country and fill their pockets by having their supposed "anchor" babies. We all know that is not a defense and if they don't, their sympathizers better get the message to them.

It is not too early for illegal aliens to start making plans to head back to their home countries to avoid this kind of thing happening. I would think that the foreign countries have taken enough jobs from US citizens at this point that they can get jobs in their country but, of course, they'll have to support their own kids there!

I am really hoping to see these illegal aliens get ahead and just go home in an orderly fashion. Once enforcement begins again, it is going to wild!

Old 05-28-2016, 07:12 AM

9,985 posts, read 6,381,372 times
A correct reading of the Consitution does not mean that a child born on US SOIL
is automatically an American citizen. That has not been settled, despite the
operating practices of previous administrations.

This means Trump would have the right to deport illegal families even if a child is born here.
Trump has said he believes the language indicates anchor babies are not citizens.

And, that is why you see Obama trying to rush a Supreme Court intervention
because when Trump picks the vacant justice, the Court swings to the traditional wing.
He would have the opportunity to appoint more traditionalist justices over time.

I doubt that Chief Justice Roberts would rush this in an election year and a 8-person
SCOTUS just to appease a Lame Duck president. It would be better for Roberts to
not rush this or he runs the risk of having it challenged and overturned again later.

Old 05-28-2016, 08:42 AM

31,475 posts, read 14,565,596 times
Are the citizen parents of our country who break the law given special consideration because they have kids? I don't think so!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration