U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-03-2016, 10:22 AM

9,779 posts, read 7,644,489 times

Advertisements

A large company that does tree trimming for the utility companies hires illegals. A couple of years ago, one fell out of a tree. He was treated and kept in a county run hospital months before it was determined he would never walk again. His paralized self was returned to his mom south of the border.

Harris county Texas has been running a birthing center for as long as memory serves. And I'm a really old person.It has always been paid for by property owners.

IIRC, 1/3 of the drivers in Texas are uninsured.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-09-2016, 09:39 PM

16,886 posts, read 12,536,143 times
send them to prison to get their medical care.

Old 06-13-2016, 08:06 AM

23,599 posts, read 31,135,299 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crone View Post
A large company that does tree trimming for the utility companies hires illegals. A couple of years ago, one fell out of a tree. He was treated and kept in a county run hospital months before it was determined he would never walk again. His paralized self was returned to his mom south of the border.

Harris county Texas has been running a birthing center for as long as memory serves. And I'm a really old person.It has always been paid for by property owners.

IIRC, 1/3 of the drivers in Texas are uninsured.
Our county hospital in Dallas (Parkland) is thronging with illegals. A significant percentage of babies born there are born to illegal mothers.

Old 06-16-2016, 05:51 AM

17,022 posts, read 9,064,676 times
If yesterday was any indication they steal my tools off of the job site right in the middle of the work day.

Old 06-16-2016, 08:47 AM

19,189 posts, read 14,057,966 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDGeek View Post
Our county hospital in Dallas (Parkland) is thronging with illegals. A significant percentage of babies born there are born to illegal mothers.
Gosh, we would have more legal mothers having babies if the taxpayers would pick up the tab for the pre-natal, delivery and funding to raise the child through to adulthood.

Most citizens don't consider a baby a financial asset, thus the decreasing birth rate in a time when we are supporting a lot of dead weight.

Old 06-16-2016, 02:05 PM

1,316 posts, read 1,118,600 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dog8food View Post
So I know hospitals won't refuse medical treatment, but if someone is illegal,stuck with a huge bill, and don't pay it, what happens?

Does it go against their credit? Will they be sent to collections? If they have no I.D. how can they be found to pay up?
The schmucks who work for a living and have health insurance pay....for all the parasites sucking up free healthcare...

Old 06-17-2016, 10:47 AM

1,859 posts, read 1,957,888 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnywhereElse View Post
Illegal alien females showing up for their free pregnancy care should be detained and deported. If they are there to deliver, they should be deported after delivery.

Yes, illegal aliens drive up the cost of health insurance and taxes. They also drive up the cost of car insurance. I couldn't believe it when we moved here, the number of hit and runs in the police reports in the newspaper. Also, we have a lot of dog bites, a LOT.

Illegal aliens are a plague on our country. We cannot continue to carry them. We can't let Grandma and Grandpa die because they can't afford their medication while giving free everything to illegal aliens who come with their hands out! Let's face it, we get the ones that were a plague to their own countries.
Yes, and many people come here specifically for free health care, not just pregnant women who want free care, and to deliver a baby which will become a U.S. citizen, but people with very critical problems which cost hospitals billions.

Old 06-17-2016, 02:19 PM

10,683 posts, read 3,738,322 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 9162 View Post
Yes, and many people come here specifically for free health care, not just pregnant women who want free care, and to deliver a baby which will become a U.S. citizen, but people with very critical problems which cost hospitals billions.
Not true. You can get emergency service on demand. But not continuing service such as Chem Therapy or Dialysis. Some of that makes no sense though. If you don't provide dialysis the patient simply worsens until you need to provide emergency service at astronomical cost. It probably kills the patient a lot quicker though.

Old 06-17-2016, 08:37 PM

3,408 posts, read 5,125,135 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lvmensch View Post
Not true. You can get emergency service on demand. But not continuing service such as Chem Therapy or Dialysis. Some of that makes no sense though. If you don't provide dialysis the patient simply worsens until you need to provide emergency service at astronomical cost. It probably kills the patient a lot quicker though.
The emergency service would cost less overall. You may donate all your retirement and savings to help all the third world poor illegals who are here. I would applaud you for that.

Old 06-17-2016, 09:59 PM

10,683 posts, read 3,738,322 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FelixTheCat View Post
The emergency service would cost less overall. You may donate all your retirement and savings to help all the third world poor illegals who are here. I would applaud you for that.
Not clear. I have heard the Medics argue that, with respect to Dialysis, it is vastly cheaper to provide dialysis then emergency care and dialysis. ICU treatment cost an order of magnitude more than walk in dialysis.

Why on earth would I want to devote any large portion of my income to medical care for the indigent? A couple of hundred to the Red Cross is about it. But it needs to be dealt with. Are you really one of the idiots who wants to let the indigent die in the hospital parking lots? Than you are going to complain if the government disposes of the bodies? Really want to see a 5 year old rotting outside the emergency room?

I will pass.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or