Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-29-2016, 06:18 PM

2,407 posts, read 1,504,638 times

Advertisements

So I know hospitals won't refuse medical treatment, but if someone is illegal,stuck with a huge bill, and don't pay it, what happens?

Does it go against their credit? Will they be sent to collections? If they have no I.D. how can they be found to pay up?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-29-2016, 06:50 PM

62,931 posts, read 29,126,415 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dog8food View Post
So I know hospitals won't refuse medical treatment, but if someone is illegal,stuck with a huge bill, and don't pay it, what happens?

Does it go against their credit? Will they be sent to collections? If they have no I.D. how can they be found to pay up?

It's written off by the hospital and we absorb those costs through higher premiums and higher medical costs.

Old 05-29-2016, 06:55 PM

18,058 posts, read 10,344,025 times
Exactly the same thing as when a legal who cannot or will not pay,

Being sick gets you in the door. The outcome is dependent on how well off you are...not your legal status.

I think this wrong by the way. The Feds should pay for all illegal medical care. It is a federal problem and local hospitals should not suffer.

Note however if the feds did pay it will be a month or two before the local hospitals begin advertising for illegals and start kitting their bills. Entrepreneurs are everywhere in medicine.

Old 05-29-2016, 11:10 PM

1,059 posts, read 830,571 times
Yup, the taxpayers foot the bills through higher health insurance premiums. Others close due to emergency room overuse by non-paying patients.

In San Francisco and other sanctuary cities, the Feds should not be responsible because those cities thumb their noses at following federal laws. They can't have it both ways.

Old 05-29-2016, 11:57 PM

2,407 posts, read 1,504,638 times
So does the same apply for car insurance premiums?

It seems like whenever I've been in an accident, the other party is usually not insured.

Old 05-30-2016, 12:14 AM

19,893 posts, read 18,440,811 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
It's written off by the hospital and we absorb those costs through higher premiums and higher medical costs.

Exactly and most of us ought to be pissed by the fact, that we have to absorb those higher costs and the higher premiums. Should make most Americans think twice before voting a person, who knows this and does not care, and this is how it will be, if one person is voted for.

Ask yourself how much more are Americans willing to accept, think of your own children and grandchildren. What kind of future will they have, if those who break the laws and come here as illegal will in the future have more rights then your own children, think about that long and hard.

Old 05-30-2016, 01:57 AM

9,418 posts, read 13,494,612 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dog8food View Post

Here in Dallas we (meaning I) foot the bill through our (my) property taxes if they go to Parkland (the public hospital). It's infuriating.

Old 05-31-2016, 12:24 AM

3,702 posts, read 4,848,917 times
We pay! We need medical attention and don't have the means to pay, they come after us. Credit is shot! Lose house, everyhting. Illegals? FREEE FREEEE FREEEEE! Think about it. How can they're credit be destroyed, they can't be tracked down to pay, etc when "they" don't exist! Fake names! Fake papers! They can get and do practically anything they want and get away with it. Now some poor person whose identity was stolen by these f'in thieves will have a miserable time trying to clear his life up but the illegal is getting free (for them) medical care and driving around without a license, unknowledegable with our laws, in an unregistered car with no insurance so you know who pays for any accident they get into. Build that wall and kick the bastards out. They have overstayed long enough. Time to go home. America is closed. GTFO of here!

Old 06-01-2016, 02:20 PM

24,561 posts, read 40,277,139 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TXNGL View Post
Here in Dallas we (meaning I) foot the bill through our (my) property taxes if they go to Parkland (the public hospital). It's infuriating.
Same here. It really burns my butt.

Old 06-03-2016, 06:06 AM

25,957 posts, read 22,107,325 times
While the VA maintained a list of patients they were letting die, illegal aliens were using the emergency room 3 times as often as US citizens. Either the hospital absorbs the cost and passes it on to everyone else or they end up closing. Many medical facilities are now closing in our state which, frankly, didn't have that many to begin with. There is also a "loophole" provided by our elected officials that allows hospitals to pass the expense on to Medicaid, we the taxpayers.

With a pregnant illegal alien, Medicaid will cover from conception to delivery. I read they believe this is a good investment since we will be supporting the child once delivered and a healthy child will cost the taxpayers less, and yes, that is what the article said and it was "pro" illegal aliens.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...s-health-care/

How Undocumented Immigrants Sometimes Receive Medicaid Treatment | PBS NewsHour

Illegal Immigrants Account for $10.7 Billion of Nation

I can tell you that Medicaid programs are strapped for funds in our state and I continually see the programs for the disabled and elderly being cut while illegal alien momma continues to push out cash bundles.

We have an almost 30 year old son with Down syndrome, and our neighborhood is about 90% people over 70 years old. We live in a low income area. In our state, if amnesty is granted, I don't know what will happen with the disabled and elderly. Services have already been cut with many on waiting lists and not served at all.

I have seen more than one debate here at C-D about letting babies die if they have disabilities because of the cost and the others were euthanizing older people and homeless people because of their cost. These people are our citizens.

Illegal alien females showing up for their free pregnancy care should be detained and deported. If they are there to deliver, they should be deported after delivery.

Yes, illegal aliens drive up the cost of health insurance and taxes. They also drive up the cost of car insurance. I couldn't believe it when we moved here, the number of hit and runs in the police reports in the newspaper. Also, we have a lot of dog bites, a LOT.

Illegal aliens are a plague on our country. We cannot continue to carry them. We can't let Grandma and Grandpa die because they can't afford their medication while giving free everything to illegal aliens who come with their hands out! Let's face it, we get the ones that were a plague to their own countries.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration