Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-29-2016, 09:47 PM

20,524 posts, read 15,901,778 times

Advertisements

The Supreme Court’s deliberations over President Barack Obama’s immigration order are putting that potential deportation relief on a collision course with Donald Trump’s deportation force.
It’s still an open question whether the shorthanded court will ultimately determine that Obama has the authority to defer deportation for millions of undocumented immigrants. And until it gives its answer next month, his administration isn’t allowed to prepare for the possibility by hiring staff or creating forms.

Read more: Dreamers face nightmare of Trump’s deportation force - POLITICO
Follow us: @politico on Twitter | Politico on Facebook

Uh; even tho I'm NO fan of illegal aliens, Trump doesn't have any real power in 2016. The dude needs to win POTUS 1st; then we'll talk.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-30-2016, 11:58 AM

22,472 posts, read 11,995,014 times
All this DACA nonsense could have been avoided if the DREAMers were raised with a moral compass. If they had a moral compass, when it came time for them to go to college, they would have gotten a foreign student visa in order to attend college in this country. However, since they have no moral compass because their parents don't have one either, they think they're entitled to not only attend college here (while being here illegally) but to also get cheap in-state tuition at state colleges.

I have no sympathy for any of them. With that said, I hope that DACA gets repealed.

Old 05-30-2016, 02:01 PM

8,061 posts, read 4,885,133 times
Thumbs up Deport with full agression!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BOS2IAD View Post
All this DACA nonsense could have been avoided if the DREAMers were raised with a moral compass. If they had a moral compass, when it came time for them to go to college, they would have gotten a foreign student visa in order to attend college in this country. However, since they have no moral compass because their parents don't have one either, they think they're entitled to not only attend college here (while being here illegally) but to also get cheap in-state tuition at state colleges.

I have no sympathy for any of them. With that said, I hope that DACA gets repealed.
Deport all of them and lets support Americans who need Jobs and a Higher Education. Illegal are wrong on so many levels! Frankly I am offended to their disrespect to the US.

Old 05-31-2016, 04:41 PM

33,316 posts, read 12,522,497 times
Quote:

This ^^^^^.

Unfortunately, thanks to the Governors of some states, they are entitled to in-state tuition in those states.

Old 06-02-2016, 06:46 AM

25,959 posts, read 22,113,827 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GHOSTRIDER AZ View Post
Deport all of them and lets support Americans who need Jobs and a Higher Education. Illegal are wrong on so many levels! Frankly I am offended to their disrespect to the US.
I agree 200%!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RMESMH View Post
This ^^^^^.

Unfortunately, thanks to the Governors of some states, they are entitled to in-state tuition in those states.
And, some of those states deny military veterans in-state tuition. We need to take care of our own first and, as we know, our country has a huge debt and until the is zeroed out, everyone other than American citizens need to take care of themselves.

Old 06-02-2016, 06:53 AM

24,489 posts, read 17,226,594 times
The fact that illegals are allowed to stay and some go on to committ crimes is CRAZY.

The fact that some illegals get to go to college with reduced or free tuition taking up a space in class that was denied a citizen is CRAZY.

The fact that illegals receive better treatment than our returning veterans is CRAZY.

The fact that a group of illegals has the ear of the President of the USA who swore to uphold the laws of the land yet these illegals are violating a most basic one is CRAZY.

America and its people are being seriously disrespected.

Old 06-25-2016, 01:04 AM

729 posts, read 429,398 times
Honestly I can't help but feel that if someone brave like Trump wasn't putting the heat on them and reminding them that they are not citizens here, they'd be trying to demand more welfare, entitlements and amnesty from us in this election cycle, as if they were citizens and as if they were entitled. Hence, why Hillary and Bernie offer so much "free" stuff. Fear of deportation is a legitimate concern compared to those. But can we at least come to a consensus that we must secure the border, build the wall, and STOP letting more people pour in? Then we can talk about what happens to those already here. I can't respect their argument for amnesty if they can't agree to securing the border and putting American citizens first.

Last edited by Manimuni; 06-25-2016 at 02:11 AM..

Old 06-25-2016, 06:49 AM

29,823 posts, read 24,902,718 times
Let them stay if they want. BUT... They should only be allowed to do the worst, most miserable, and most unbearable of jobs that Americans simply will not do. After many years of hard labor, when their backs hurt and bodies are used up, load them on a bus with all their money and belongings, and send them back to the crap hole they came from.

Those that prefer not to be used as slaves will think twice before criminally entering this country and squandering it's scarce resources.

Sending illegals to college is probably the stupidest thing this country could do, and an utter waste of time and resources. You do not need a college degree to shovel manure, or perform other menial labor. Besides, we have plenty enough college graduates in this country. No sense adding more competition for jobs.

Old 06-25-2016, 07:47 AM

17,342 posts, read 11,277,677 times
Quote:

Great post and so, so true.

Old 06-25-2016, 09:21 AM

62,944 posts, read 29,134,396 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by andywire View Post
Let them stay if they want. BUT... They should only be allowed to do the worst, most miserable, and most unbearable of jobs that Americans simply will not do. After many years of hard labor, when their backs hurt and bodies are used up, load them on a bus with all their money and belongings, and send them back to the crap hole they came from.

Those that prefer not to be used as slaves will think twice before criminally entering this country and squandering it's scarce resources.

Sending illegals to college is probably the stupidest thing this country could do, and an utter waste of time and resources. You do not need a college degree to shovel manure, or perform other menial labor. Besides, we have plenty enough college graduates in this country. No sense adding more competition for jobs.

I don't know of any jobs that most Americans won't do. If there are any then they should go to legal immigrants not illegal aliens.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration