U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-07-2016, 07:42 AM

31,915 posts, read 14,699,387 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JGMotorsport64 View Post
I think you're overthinking it. I've lived in Arizona, California, and New Mexico. I'm not afraid of people who are brown, I enjoy their culture and speak Spanish. It's not a big deal where it would affect you like that. In fact Mexican culture has shaped US city culture in places like Phoenix and Tucson. They're just people.

Now border control at what cost? Some suburbs of Tucson are subject to daily car searches because of people who live nowhere near the border scared of brown people like you. People in these areas are more concerned about getting searched while just trying to go to work because white pasties in Kansas are afraid of da ileguls. As if some wall is going to fix it, at what cost? We destroy Mexican tourism like Puerto Penasco, build an expensive wall, ruin border cities like Nogales and Douglas, AZ. But you up there nowhere near it will feel safe while it has tunnels built underneath it.

I don't know many people who are afraid of someone's skin color. It' not fear of illegal aliens but objection to their presence here. I don't know why you'd mentioned white pasty skinned people in Kansas. Many people regardless of race or skin color or location object to illegal immigration and rightly so.

Enforcing our immigration laws is a lot less expensive than the $113 billion a year that illegal aliens cost us not to mention the loss of jobs, reduced wages and overcrowded conditions. The wall would pay for itself in no time. Ever heard of tunnel sensors?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-07-2016, 04:39 PM

5,464 posts, read 2,316,292 times
I used to live 2 miles from the border in California (Imperial Beach). In general I was never afraid of any illegals, but they caused plenty of problems. The legal Mexicans there were great people, but a lot of the illegal males were involved in gangs. Very unpredictable and they would steal anything that wasn't nailed down.

The biggest problem we had was illegals sleeping on our enclosed back porch (apartment complex) in order to hide from border patrol. You'd get up in the morning and several would be out there. BP was constantly patrolling our apartment complex. It was a hassle.

Seal the border. They erected a fence in San Diego and it worked great. We can do it elsewhere as well.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration