U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-08-2016, 04:52 PM

20,611 posts, read 12,334,860 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyster View Post
Total nonsense. There is PLENTY of will in the public (except you)... it's corrupt politicians that are the problem. And this si why Trump is so popular. If he becomes the next president there is a chance to actually fix the problem. Any politician that fights him on it stands a good chance of being replaced in the next election.

You want everyone to just throw their hands in the air in a gesture of national defeatism. I refuse to comply. And so do a whole hell of a lot of other Americans. It's time to turn the tables in our favor for once.
Agreed and HOW!

Although if talking "Mexican" illegals; every time la raza gets in the face of Trump fans, the "hate" against illegal aliens gets stronger and stronger, even from Americans and legal aliens of Hispanic family.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-08-2016, 04:56 PM

5,464 posts, read 2,314,192 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Packard fan View Post
Agreed and HOW!

Although if talking "Mexican" illegals; every time la raza gets in the face of Trump fans, the "hate" against illegal aliens gets stronger and stronger, even from Americans and legal aliens of Hispanic family.
For every American flag they burn Trump probably gets 25,000 new supporters.

I don't mind if they burn the flag. All I ask is that they wrap themselves in it before lighting it.

Old 06-08-2016, 05:45 PM

10,967 posts, read 3,826,011 times
Pew went after the US views on this last year.

What Americans want to do about illegal immigration | Pew Research Center

This is no way near any large support for deportation and has not been for years. Republicans tend to support a harsher position but even there it is not the sort of numbers that would get anything done.

Old 06-08-2016, 06:08 PM

31,898 posts, read 14,685,001 times
The way the problem will grow worse is to pass another amnesty again. As I said, we did that in 1986 and now we have at least quadruple the number here today. The next bunch will just come in for the next amnesty. Yeah, that worked out real well, didn't it.....NOT!

Old 06-08-2016, 06:12 PM

10,967 posts, read 3,826,011 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
The way the problem will grow worse is to pass another amnesty again. As I said, we did that in 1986 and now we have at least quadruple the number here today. The next bunch will just come in for the next amnesty. Yeah, that worked out real well, didn't it.....NOT!
The 86 amnesty was supposed to have been coupled with enhanced laws and enforcement. That never happened. So no 86 did not fail it was never attempted.

And we could do that again but one would hoped that we learned from the last time.

Old 06-08-2016, 06:15 PM

5,464 posts, read 2,314,192 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lvmensch View Post
The 86 amnesty was supposed to have been coupled with enhanced laws and enforcement. That never happened. So no 86 did not fail it was never attempted.

And we could do that again but one would hoped that we learned from the last time.

You go ahead and give up. That puts you on the sideline.

The rest of us will fight for what's right.

Old 06-08-2016, 06:37 PM

19,189 posts, read 14,138,779 times
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Secure_Fence_Act_of_2006

Absolute NO to making illegal aliens "legal" isn't that an oxymoron or something?

Good article on the 14th Amendment: Anchor babies, birthright citizenship, and the 14th Amendment | colorado immigration law resources reference

We all know how to get this done, we just need to put people in office that will do it. A lot of money to be made off of exploiting the illegals so the employers will fight it and those filling the politicians pockets with cash seem to have more pull than the ones electing the dirty politicians into office.

If we can get Trump elected, we'll have to spend the next 4 years pushing our other elected officials to "GET IT DONE".

Old 06-25-2016, 01:56 AM

729 posts, read 295,680 times
^
I second that.

Plus, the wall would make it tremendously easier for border patrol. That as well as having a president that doesn't instruct them to stand down and let people pour in.

Old 06-25-2016, 03:14 AM

1,017 posts, read 557,964 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
It costs us $113 billion a year in taxes for illegal aliens so the wall sounds like a bargain to me. Those costs would just accelerate with continued illegal immigration into our country. Mexico may not pay for it outright but there are ways to hurt them financially to make them at least help pay for it.
And Mexico profits approximately $22 billion a year from illegals sending money to their family members and others. Mexico has no incentive to uphold our immigration laws. On top of that, Mexico benefited from NAFTA. We, as usual, are the laughing stock and known for being "an easy touch."

I would welcome hearing from Obama, Jerry Brown and their ilk regarding why they encourage lawbreakers and leeches while our own tax paying citizens go without. No SS Cost-of-Living in 2016; in 2017, recipients (who paid into SS all their working lives) can expect $1.00 for every $1,000 in benefits. That comes out to a maximum of $2.50 for those at the top, and much less for the lower recipients.

My mother mentioned when she was in her early nineties that elders are warehoused, while the young able-bodied receive the most assistance for school, health insurance, school lunch programs year-round, etc. Fortunately, my father left my mom in very good shape financially when he passed. She had the best care money could buy (for Parkinson's), and while my brother and sister groused about the cost of her care (lowered their inheritances significantly), I am so happy Mom had no struggles financially.

The election in November will be a big nail biter. Who will put Americans first?

Old 06-25-2016, 08:22 AM

25,508 posts, read 23,358,582 times
yes, it is possible to secure the border, however, it's not only an illegal immigration issue, it's also a national security issue.
Nothing is 200% full proof, however, in today's world with modern technology, of course we can secure it.

I really don't care how much it costs, compared to what we're spending supporting these illegals....they go to emergency rooms and can't pay for their costs, so those costs are thrown on us.

they attend schools, but cannot afford taxes, so those costs are kickbacks on us.....not to mention welfare, and housing....

enough is enough....if they want to become legal citizens of the U.S. and help pay their fair share, I have no problem with that.

and I haven't even touched base on their ciminals and what it costs us to arrest them time after time, after time.....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or