U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 06-09-2016, 03:11 PM
 
4,707 posts, read 3,338,366 times
Reputation: 4412

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
LOL...geez, could any comment possibly be any snobbier than this one?

There's nothing snobby about it, it's reality.

You might not like reality, but that's on you, not anyone else.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 06-09-2016, 03:20 PM
 
31,471 posts, read 14,559,147 times
Reputation: 8349
Quote:
Originally Posted by crone View Post
In order to get rid of affirmative action Texas gives college entry to the top 10%. It is a little tighter at UT And A&M.

IIRC, we have to educate all the kids here, not just the ones we approve of. As a poster on the other thread about this, valedictorian gives her a scholarship.

The only people upset about illegals are Trump supporters and CD posters.

Nobody else gives a damn. If they did, all these businesses who hire them would have folded years ago.

A Law firm that deals with immigration stuff estimates that 1/2 the construction workers in Texas are undocumented. One of the biggest supporters of amnesty was a Texas home builder, Bob Perry. He also gave hundreds of thousands to Texas politicians.
You don't have to be a Trump supporter to support the rule of law. It is unfortunate that we have to educate illegal aliens rather than sending them back home to be educated. Nobody gives a damn? I assure you that many if not most Americans do. Those who hire illegals of course don't give a damn because they are profiting off of illegal labor while they pass their social costs on to the rest of us.


Think of all those Texan construction workers and other Americans across this country who lost those jobs to cheap, illegal workers (not undocumented). To some people they just don't matter depends on what their agenda is in this issue..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-09-2016, 04:28 PM
 
1,232 posts, read 1,359,296 times
Reputation: 2152
Instead of waving the Mexican flag and bragging about your legs, why not wave the American flag and thank this country for providing you with an education.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-09-2016, 04:57 PM
 
9,780 posts, read 7,644,489 times
Reputation: 6160
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
You don't have to be a Trump supporter to support the rule of law. It is unfortunate that we have to educate illegal aliens rather than sending them back home to be educated. Nobody gives a damn? I assure you that many if not most Americans do. Those who hire illegals of course don't give a damn because they are profiting off of illegal labor while they pass their social costs on to the rest of us.


Think of all those Texan construction workers and other Americans across this country who lost those jobs to cheap, illegal workers (not undocumented). To some people they just don't matter depends on what their agenda is in this issue..
If most people gave A damn this would have ended years ago.

The grass roots has had it. The folks who govern support the guys who want cheap labor.

These were well reported in all the news outlets. Perry homes is still building. Pappasitas still has a crowd. Shipley donuts was so bad the illegals filed an EEOC complaint and won. ShipleyS forfeited over a million seven to government. People are still buying Shipley.

If people cared or knew, they would get rid of every incumbent on the ballot. But they will all get re elected and it will continue. Trump cannot fix this.

You can forget building a wall on the Mexico border. Put it at the Red River. Texas might as well be a state of Mexico. Thank you John Cornyn, GW Bush and Rick Perry.

One dumb kid in Austin getting a one year scholarship is nothing, but two days of fussin.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-09-2016, 05:40 PM
 
31,471 posts, read 14,559,147 times
Reputation: 8349
Quote:
Originally Posted by crone View Post
If most people gave A damn this would have ended years ago.

The grass roots has had it. The folks who govern support the guys who want cheap labor.

These were well reported in all the news outlets. Perry homes is still building. Pappasitas still has a crowd. Shipley donuts was so bad the illegals filed an EEOC complaint and won. ShipleyS forfeited over a million seven to government. People are still buying Shipley.

If people cared or knew, they would get rid of every incumbent on the ballot. But they will all get re elected and it will continue. Trump cannot fix this.

You can forget building a wall on the Mexico border. Put it at the Red River. Texas might as well be a state of Mexico. Thank you John Cornyn, GW Bush and Rick Perry.

One dumb kid in Austin getting a one year scholarship is nothing, but two days of fussin.

Politicians often make promises they don't keep. We vote them out and then a new one making the same promises gets voted in and then they betray us. It's an endless circle. So, stop claiming that law abiding Americans don't care. Why do you think there is so much support for Trump? He just may be another lying politician making promises he won't keep, only time will tell. You cannot say that Trump cannot fix this unless you have a crystal ball. As for me, I don't have a defeatist attitude like you nor do I have an agenda to keep the status quo.


The 700 mile long wall just may encompass parts of Texas. It's already approved by congress to cover the most porous areas of our southern border and it works.


http://www.azcentral.com/news/articl...ll0331-ON.html


Now getting back on topic. This Valedictorian seemed to like to flaunt here illegal status in this country. The more we allow this to continue the more emboldened they become such as in your face bragging "I'm here and I'm not going anywhere" BS.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-09-2016, 07:52 PM
 
47,316 posts, read 24,612,722 times
Reputation: 14468
Quote:
Originally Posted by ntwrkguy1 View Post
There's nothing snobby about it, it's reality.

You might not like reality, but that's on you, not anyone else.
It's total snobbery....and coming from you, it's TOTALLY unwarranted.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-09-2016, 08:36 PM
 
4,707 posts, read 3,338,366 times
Reputation: 4412
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
It's total snobbery....and coming from you, it's TOTALLY unwarranted.
You can't even explain why you think it's snobby.

Go ahead. I'll wait.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-09-2016, 11:44 PM
 
Location: San Francisco Bay Area
1,017 posts, read 552,739 times
Reputation: 1622
I don't get it. Every country in the world has immigration rules, laws, procedures. It is ridiculous that the US allows flaunting of our immigration "laws," yet those of us who believe in the rule of law, are called racists, sore losers, etc. The simple truth is the American taxpayer is paying for these illegal aliens in many forms: welfare, education, medical, law enforcement, ID theft, ad nauseam.

I can't stand Donald Trump, yet he said what needed to be said. Finally, someone brought up the politically incorrect notion that we are being invaded by people who do not belong here, many of whom are freeloaders. I am sickened by the crowds waving Mexican flags, holding up inflammatory signs, and yelling obscenities, especially when they are young kids (and there are sooooo many of them).

Mexicans and South Americans make up the bulk of the illegal aliens in California. It wasn't that long ago when they "hid in the shadows." Look at 'em now. They already are the largest (and most vocal) ethnic group in California. And why not? We give them health insurance, driver licenses, free education, bi-lingual services, sanctuary cities, etc. It won't be long before we give them voting rights. (Thanks, Jerry.)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-10-2016, 01:06 AM
 
Location: America's Expensive Toilet
924 posts, read 640,854 times
Reputation: 1834
Quote:
Originally Posted by Annie1004 View Post
I don't get it. Every country in the world has immigration rules, laws, procedures. It is ridiculous that the US allows flaunting of our immigration "laws," yet those of us who believe in the rule of law, are called racists, sore losers, etc. The simple truth is the American taxpayer is paying for these illegal aliens in many forms: welfare, education, medical, law enforcement, ID theft, ad nauseam.
Agreed, and many of them have stricter immigration laws than ours.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-10-2016, 06:17 AM
 
Location: The Republic of Texas
60,059 posts, read 30,586,259 times
Reputation: 12810
Quote:
Originally Posted by ntwrkguy1 View Post

In 2016, when you see a valedictorian with a mid-4's GPA, you can rest assured that the high school is not a highly-ranked school.

This is one of 3 HS in South Austin(Crockett, Akins and Travis), that are overwhelmingly majority Hispanic, with more than a 1/3 of all students either here illegally and 1/2 are anchor babies.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top