U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 06-10-2016, 08:39 PM
 
Location: Dallas
5,467 posts, read 4,601,470 times
Reputation: 15594

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by crone View Post
In order to get rid of affirmative action Texas gives college entry to the top 10%. It is a little tighter at UT And A&M.

IIRC, we have to educate all the kids here, not just the ones we approve of. As a poster on the other thread about this, valedictorian gives her a scholarship.

The only people upset about illegals are Trump supporters and CD posters.

Nobody else gives a damn. If they did, all these businesses who hire them would have folded years ago.

A Law firm that deals with immigration stuff estimates that 1/2 the construction workers in Texas are undocumented. One of the biggest supporters of amnesty was a Texas home builder, Bob Perry. He also gave hundreds of thousands to Texas politicians.
Illegal immigration has hurt construction workers and other tradesmen, plus many others. Your saying no one gives a damn is reprehensible.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 06-10-2016, 08:47 PM
 
Location: Dallas
5,467 posts, read 4,601,470 times
Reputation: 15594
And yet another one. Blames US for our "broken immigration system" and declares she is an "undocumented immigrant."

Not one shred of gratitude for the free ride to Yale or the benefits our country has offered her, when she has not business being here in the first place. Nope.....she is a victim and we owe her.

Texas Valedictorian Reveals She's 'Undocumented,' Blames U.S., Blasts Trump in Graduation Speech
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-11-2016, 03:41 AM
 
Location: Los Angeles
4,552 posts, read 1,959,588 times
Reputation: 6854
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
This is one of 3 HS in South Austin(Crockett, Akins and Travis), that are overwhelmingly majority Hispanic, with more than a 1/3 of all students either here illegally and 1/2 are anchor babies.
Wow. It sounds like Austin is becoming Los Angeles. Very sad.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-11-2016, 01:00 PM
 
47,314 posts, read 24,718,511 times
Reputation: 14471
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaphawoman View Post
Wow. It sounds like Austin is becoming Los Angeles. Very sad.
"Becoming" Los Angeles? Where do you think Austin is...in Minnesota?

It's Texas. Hispanics were there when the non-Hispanics showed up.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-11-2016, 02:41 PM
 
109 posts, read 138,054 times
Reputation: 85
If she loves this country, she's an American full and full. Yes she broke the law coming her, but if we really are a nation founded on Judeo-Christian Values, the Bible says:

Quote:
Then Peter approaching asked him, “Lord, if my brother sins against me, how often must I forgive him? As many as seven times?”

Jesus answered, “I say to you, not seven times but seventy-seven times.
Congratulations on this girl's accomplishments! To those who say she didn't deserve it: to be a valedictorian (at least when I went to high school) means you got the highest GPA, nothing to do with any other factor.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-11-2016, 02:45 PM
 
20,611 posts, read 12,330,336 times
Reputation: 5895
Quote:
Originally Posted by Juicy J View Post
If she loves this country, she's an American full and full. Yes she broke the law coming her, but if we really are a nation founded on Judeo-Christian Values, the Bible says:



Congratulations on this girl's accomplishments! To those who say she didn't deserve it: to be a valedictorian (at least when I went to high school) means you got the highest GPA, nothing to do with any other factor.
NO country allows illegal immigration; not even Mexico from Guatemala and, that country used to be part of Mexico. Lara just needs to be sent home, by force if needed. Period.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-11-2016, 04:06 PM
 
Location: Los Angeles
4,552 posts, read 1,959,588 times
Reputation: 6854
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
"Becoming" Los Angeles? Where do you think Austin is...in Minnesota?

It's Texas. Hispanics were there when the non-Hispanics showed up.
What? No one said anything about it becoming Los Angeles because of the number of Hispanics. Even though I bolded the part where the previous poster mentioned the huge number of illegal alien and anchor baby students, people like you still lack reading comprehension and will negatively interpret a message because you enjoy accusing people with opposing views of being racist. Hispanic does NOT equal illegal alien or anchor baby, with them bragging about the benefits they're milking from the American people (that includes legal Hispanics who emigrated the right way and Hispanic Americans whose families have been here forever). We are seeing an exponential increase in illegal alien and anchor baby populations. BTW I lived in Austin before Los Angeles. Next....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-11-2016, 04:08 PM
 
47,314 posts, read 24,718,511 times
Reputation: 14471
Quote:
Originally Posted by Packard fan View Post
NO country allows illegal immigration; not even Mexico from Guatemala and, that country used to be part of Mexico. Lara just needs to be sent home, by force if needed. Period.
Lead the way. Get some of your boys together and deport her.

Either that, or come to grips with the fact that your conservative paradise is a sanctuary state for illegals.

Can't accept THAT, can you?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-11-2016, 04:08 PM
 
9,844 posts, read 7,694,372 times
Reputation: 6193
Quote:
Originally Posted by aquietpath View Post
Illegal immigration has hurt construction workers and other tradesmen, plus many others. Your saying no one gives a damn is reprehensible.
Should have said not enough people give a damn.

The bottom fell out of the home building business in the mid 80s in Texas. Anybody who needed work had to leave or start selling cars.

The general public just wants a good price on their house. Do they ask who is building it? If it has stainless and granite in the kitchen along with fake wood floors they are ok with illegals.

Anybody going out for dinner wants a decent meal for a good price. Do they ask if the kitchen help is legal? It is common knowledge the kitchen help and bus people are illegal. Restaurants are still full.

The same politicians who make life easy for them also wail about illegals for the base.

I take it back. Ninety per cent of Americans do not care. If they did, it would not be a topic on CD.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-11-2016, 04:11 PM
 
47,314 posts, read 24,718,511 times
Reputation: 14471
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaphawoman View Post
What? No one said anything about it becoming Los Angeles because of the number of Hispanics. Even though I bolded the part where the previous poster mentioned the huge number of illegal alien and anchor baby students, people like you still lack reading comprehension and will negatively interpret a message because you enjoy accusing people with opposing views of being racist. Hispanic does NOT equal illegal alien or anchor baby, with them bragging about the benefits they're milking from the American people (that includes legal Hispanics who emigrated the right way and Hispanic Americans whose families have been here forever). We are seeing an exponential increase in illegal alien and anchor baby populations. BTW I lived in Austin before Los Angeles. Next....
I didn't say that you were a racist. If I thought you were, I wouldn't hesitate to tell you.

And it's got nothing to do with reading comprehension...the response I gave is relevant to your comment. It wasn't a non sequitur.

If you've lived in both places, then you should know better.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top