U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-17-2016, 10:24 PM

12,986 posts, read 5,391,210 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by california-jewel View Post
I don't have to go to the border to know that Trump is right. We knew of a person who use to work for the Border Patrol, and I won't repeat the things we learned from him. OMG if people only knew. Believe me, Trump is more right then you know.

I said this way before he even ran for President. This person no longer works for the Border Patrol, because he could not take the crap dished to them any longer. His hands were tied, leave it at that.

Under a certain administration, these border patrol could not do the job at the level they were use to doing it, things changed drastically believe u me.
Why not tell us what you learned? I'd like that info.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-18-2016, 06:59 AM

31,471 posts, read 14,559,147 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NCN View Post
It would make sense that they don't want people coming into this country illegally. That makes life more difficult for them. We decided to go to Walmart today and I felt sorry for some of the Hispanic patrons there. They must think everybody hates them. They don't realize it is nothing personal. You can't blame someone for taking advantage of immigration laws when the government has allowed them to. Our government and the lack of law enforcement is the problem.

Actually, they are just as guilty. Just because someone leaves the front door of their home unlocked doesn't excuse anyone from entering and taking what doesn't belong to them.

Old 06-18-2016, 07:51 PM

2,423 posts, read 2,998,688 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katygirl68 View Post
Yes. Inquiring minds want to know.

Old 06-18-2016, 08:29 PM

19,899 posts, read 15,285,252 times
Quote:

First of all in confidence, I will not go against any friend that tells me something like what they did.

Basically any one can use their head, their hands like I said are tied, and felt that their job they were not able to do to the best of their ability.

I feel most can read thru the lines. I really do, their hands are tied. What are these agents suppose to do with hands tied. Now this was years ago but within this administration.

I felt bad for him, but he is much happier today But it saddens him to see what our borders have become.

Old 06-18-2016, 09:26 PM

11,484 posts, read 5,504,092 times
Quote:
I can tell you this --- About 10 years ago, our daughter and son-in-law went to a job fair held by the Border Patrol. The agent they talked to didn't mince any words. He told them that if they were hired, they would be on the graveyard shift and would be the only agent around for 70 miles. If they needed back-up, none would be coming any time soon.

In recent years, the BP has had their hands tied by the government. For example, there are some areas on the border where the desert ecosystem is fragile. The Department of the Interior told the BP that if any of them set foot in that area, they would be fined. Meanwhile illegals trample through those areas on a daily basis and the BP isn't allowed to go after them!

Talk about insanity!

Old 06-19-2016, 01:33 AM

19,899 posts, read 15,285,252 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BOS2IAD View Post
I can tell you this --- About 10 years ago, our daughter and son-in-law went to a job fair held by the Border Patrol. The agent they talked to didn't mince any words. He told them that if they were hired, they would be on the graveyard shift and would be the only agent around for 70 miles. If they needed back-up, none would be coming any time soon.

In recent years, the BP has had their hands tied by the government. For example, there are some areas on the border where the desert ecosystem is fragile. The Department of the Interior told the BP that if any of them set foot in that area, they would be fined. Meanwhile illegals trample through those areas on a daily basis and the BP isn't allowed to go after them!

Talk about insanity!

Amen friend!

Old 06-19-2016, 06:07 AM

17,022 posts, read 9,064,676 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FelixTheCat View Post
I will vote for Trump. Yeah, I'm white. Most of my friends are Hispanic or Asian. Actually, I'm 3rd generation part Hispanic but am very white looking. My Hispanic friends have said the following: I don't like illegal aliens, immigrants are taking our jobs, and you have the worst Mexicans here.

I see it on the jobsite, especially three days ago when they stole about $1500. worth of my personal tools from me.

Old 06-22-2016, 07:45 PM

21,492 posts, read 10,394,958 times
Another reason Legal Mexicans don't like illegals.

This is what goes on in the work place on job sites in NJ..

Illegals get good jobs, they become the majority on the work site.. how? they intimidate the legal whites and legal Mexican Americans.

They threaten and say that an accident will happen to them. Illegals are worse than the mafia.They are nasty and cut throat. Why? They get paid $15 to $25 an hour and they find that as a pot of gold here because in Mexico they make $2 an hour for the same work. hey make $1500.00 a week with overtime and their women get all the welfare benefits , including food stamps and heating vouchers.

If anyone new comes to the job site and are not illegal they are ousted as they are treated as the outsider who has to go.This is what goes on. this is where reality is.
Most Americans think they are poor . They are making a killing over here financially. They are living high with welfare benefits covering their cost of living, and they get a hefty paycheck as a bonus.

Old 06-23-2016, 06:57 AM

23,599 posts, read 31,135,299 times
I know several lifelong Democrats who will be voting for Trump on the basis of this issue alone. We are sick and tired of the illegal immigration problem in this border state (Texas).

Something has to change. We're being overrun.

Old 06-23-2016, 09:25 PM

19,839 posts, read 10,542,345 times
Honest journalism from a liberal. I might have to buy a lotto ticket
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or