U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-23-2016, 11:30 AM

3,491 posts, read 1,207,355 times

Advertisements

Why do we even call it "illegal" anymore, when we just let everyone in? I recently spoke to a border guard from Texas at a family reunion. He told me that they are not allowed to stop anyone, unless they feel threatened. He also informed me that the majority crossing from Mexico were NOT Mexicans trying to feed their families, but muslims and Central American drug dealers. Thank you Obama!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-23-2016, 11:58 AM

31,471 posts, read 14,559,147 times
What exactly is this so-called "reform" anyway? It will always be against the law to come here illegally that won't change nor should it. So someone please explain what it means by our immigration laws being "reformed".

Old 06-23-2016, 12:01 PM

192 posts, read 107,484 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
Yes! I wonder who the 4 sell out judges were? I can think of one probably anyway.
My thoughts exactly. This should have been a unanimous decision to get those maggots out of this country. I don't understand how an ILLEGAL Alien would be even considered to have rights to be in this country AT ALL, and to have even ONE Justice to vote in favor to keep them here is just despicable.

We need to remove those Justices that voted in favor to keep them here, just like the Illegal Aliens that are here ILLEGALLY, kick them out. They are not doing and justice to this country or to the legal law abiding American Citizens.

Old 06-23-2016, 12:07 PM

776 posts, read 1,052,693 times
Even the usually liberal-leaning readership of The New York Times is applauding this action by the Supreme Court, to judge by the highest-ranked readers' comments on the Times' article about this decision.

Best comment, and one that says it all:

"This is a nation of laws, not an Obama junta."

Of course, we can now expect a hysterical, whining Times editorial to appear tomorrow that will be worse than a three-year old throwing a temper tantrum.

Old 06-23-2016, 12:41 PM

11,287 posts, read 16,804,919 times
Quote:
What exactly is this so-called "reform" anyway? It will always be against the law to come here illegally that won't change nor should it. So someone please explain what it means by our immigration laws being "reformed".
Good question. And I wish I had an answer.

We already have numerous laws concerning Legal Immigration. Very generous laws. The most generous in the world.

Now, if Obama and the open borders crowd thinks those generous laws are far from adequate ... well, ok.

Then I reckon the proper response would be to explain why they are inadequate and what exactly should be changed. Then debate it and let Congress approve it.

Instead we get this endless theater of the absurd where by everyone goes out of their way to thwart the laws and then declare the system broken because nobody wants to enforce it. People wail and scream because others simply want to follow the law- which is very generous to begin with.

Old 06-23-2016, 12:52 PM

23,599 posts, read 31,135,299 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakin View Post
Enforce the border and build a wall.

Then we can have meaningful Immigration reform if that's what is needed.
Yup...we need to stop the flow of illegal immigrants before we can even discuss what to do with the ones already here. IMHO, we need to start deporting them right now.

Old 06-23-2016, 12:58 PM

9,780 posts, read 7,644,489 times
Did Americans think that all those illegals building their houses, working in restaurant kitchens, doing most construction jobs, working in the food industries would remain single and celibate?

This problem has been ignored by both sides of Congress for as long as I can remember. They can damn well fund the rounding up of people who have overstayed their visas and require e-verify and make it work.. Deport illegals. Their kids can go home with them. That is my take on it.

But, I am informed by DD that American developers want some of Central America for vacation resorts. So they are creating instability with crime, driving people away so they can get the land cheaper. So they come north.

This is a complicated problem that needs serious attention now. And the do nothing congress wants a raise because they cannot live on 174000 a year.

Old 06-23-2016, 01:01 PM

5,941 posts, read 2,492,728 times
Quote:

My idea of Immigration reform is the Wall, and Authority to use "Deadly Force" to enforce border integrity.

Obama needs to know that he does not speak for the Nation without the approval of the people, and not just the will of a select group of idiots.

Old 06-23-2016, 01:07 PM

5,941 posts, read 2,492,728 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDGeek View Post
Yup...we need to stop the flow of illegal immigrants before we can even discuss what to do with the ones already here. IMHO, we need to start deporting them right now.

And right now, the only one who wants to do it is Trump. If they vote Hillary in, these same Liberals will be crying in a few years, about all the Illegals , the crime, and the lack of any work at all, and it will be justice served on a platter. They can cry all they want, if they have a safe place to do it, since they will also have as many Radicalized Muslims born out od the Thousands of Muslims they want to import along with the people climbing over our fences.

Old 06-23-2016, 01:19 PM

20,611 posts, read 12,278,864 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ant131531 View Post
Doesn't really matter..if Hillary wins this fall, she'll appoint new supreme court judges and the immigration plan will be back in business.
Uh; IF Hillary even wins. Too; more and more people want illegal immigration stopped and, those here already, deported on sight.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or