U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-23-2016, 04:11 PM

19,899 posts, read 15,285,252 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakin View Post
Enforce the border and build a wall.

Then we can have meaningful Immigration reform if that's what is needed.

Exactly I am with you on this. Build the damn wall, what the heck is wrong with building a wall, I can think of a lot of reasons, why we should can't any of you.

Let us build the wall, and get control of any new flow coming into the Country. Then we can talk about what to do with those already here.

I find that if your an American born in this Country, you should want the wall built if you love your family.

Think about your children and grandchildren, one party does not seem to care about your children at all.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-23-2016, 04:11 PM

31,462 posts, read 14,559,147 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moth View Post
I agree.

One wonders why they don't just stand up, make a fist, and tell us all exactly why it is a good idea to flood and keep flooding the nation with poor people. Does the Democratic Party need the votes that bad?

As for Republicans, can they explain why flooding the country with cheap labor is such a good idea? Do they need their lawns mowed that bad?

Why is it that so many make the false claim that it's only Republicans that want the cheap labor? It's simply not true!

Old 06-23-2016, 04:40 PM

1,016 posts, read 552,739 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
What exactly is this so-called "reform" anyway? It will always be against the law to come here illegally that won't change nor should it. So someone please explain what it means by our immigration laws being "reformed".
it means amnesty! No reform is needed if the powers-that-be follow the immigration laws already on the books. All countries have immigration laws. Why are we the so-called hold-out? Haven't enough problems been created by turning the other cheek? We as taxpayers just cannot keep supporting those who break into the country illegally, both in terms of dollars and resources. After all, land is finite. At the rate we are going, I shudder to think of the population density, not to mention the taxpayer base. We have enough of our own citizens who could use help.

Social Security is running out rapidly, now set to "expire" two years earlier than predicted due to lack of funding. Good news for SS recipients, at least. SS benefits go up $1.00 for every $1,000 in benefits effective January 2017....

Old 06-23-2016, 04:49 PM

19,827 posts, read 10,542,345 times
He is without a doubt, the most ineffective President in US history. And this? Makes him the lamest of all lame ducks.

He should be impeached just on his ineptness.

Old 06-23-2016, 05:02 PM

10,775 posts, read 5,079,209 times
Quote:
Yes, it should have been unanimous. If anyone can provide a link to how each justice voted it would be appreciated. I was unable to find it myself.
You won't find it. Nothing more than kick it back to the District Court and approve their stay. No Dissent and No Opinion.

The item they did NOT want to address was Obama's Executive Actions are UnConstitutional - they punted.

Old 06-23-2016, 05:03 PM

17,022 posts, read 9,064,676 times
Sadly 4 Justices voted against Separation of Powers.

Old 06-23-2016, 05:05 PM

10,775 posts, read 5,079,209 times
Quote:
Those advocating for "reform" know that's not what it is. They know it's amnesty but think they are being coy by calling it reform instead.
I disagree. We NEED a new Law. We NEED a Law that will be followed. We NEED to cut out all the Special Interests (Business, Unions, Activists, Politicians, Lobbys) and pass/enforce a LAW that is suited to the issue and era.

It won't happen. I don't expect to ever see it in my lifetime -- the entire issue is tooooooo tainted by Partisans of all stripes and weasel words.

Old 06-23-2016, 07:36 PM

22,151 posts, read 26,606,075 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
When Clinton is elected I hope that we can move on meaningful immigration reforms through the legislative process. Executive orders and the courts are not the place where we should be defining our immigration policies.
Another reason not to vote for Hillary.

Yet another reason: she would, of course, appointment liberals to the U.S. Supreme Court who would most likely reward lawbreakers, also known as illegal aliens.

Old 06-23-2016, 09:21 PM

19,827 posts, read 10,542,345 times
Immigration reform=stop all immigration.

Old 06-23-2016, 10:11 PM

19,899 posts, read 15,285,252 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fleet View Post
Another reason not to vote for Hillary.

Yet another reason: she would, of course, appointment liberals to the U.S. Supreme Court who would most likely reward lawbreakers, also known as illegal aliens.

1000 reasons not to vote for Hillary, the Country will just be more screwed up under her leadership, we cannot afford this.

And I don't trust her with the 3:am phone call. She has never been held accountable in her life, for her screw ups. About due time.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or