U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 04-07-2008, 07:04 PM
 
Location: Oklahoma(formerly SoCalif) Originally Mich,
13,387 posts, read 16,200,288 times
Reputation: 4611

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by vendetta View Post
Wow! I cant believe me post caught your attention in such a way. And I'm so glad you've given me that power over that you agree of what and who you are Tin_Man. And to all of you who have read my past post I want you to answer my past question. When an illegal parent comes to this country bringing along an infant, does the child deserve to be forced to leave do to his/hers parents mistake? The parent broke the knowing what he or she has done and i agree that they should go back but I cant say the same about a child who grows up going to school with americans and everyday hears how this is "the land of the free" and now that this once child is 10, 15, or 20 has to now be torn from there lives. They didn't chose to come here. Its funny how a few years ago it was alot easier for illegals to become legal and now it is not. They or there children aren't even given a chance. Wow gas is so high, the war is still going and thousands are losing there jobs.....do you feel free? I'm not sure where you all live but here in my home town the gas is $3.70.
So which question are you asking?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 04-07-2008, 07:12 PM
 
Location: Mesa, Az
21,148 posts, read 36,615,542 times
Reputation: 3785
Quote:
Originally Posted by vendetta View Post
Wow! I cant believe me post caught your attention in such a way. And I'm so glad you've given me that power over that you agree of what and who you are Tin_Man. And to all of you who have read my past post I want you to answer my past question. When an illegal parent comes to this country bringing along an infant, does the child deserve to be forced to leave do to his/hers parents mistake? The parent broke the knowing what he or she has done and i agree that they should go back but I cant say the same about a child who grows up going to school with americans and everyday hears how this is "the land of the free" and now that this once child is 10, 15, or 20 has to now be torn from there lives. They didn't chose to come here. Its funny how a few years ago it was alot easier for illegals to become legal and now it is not. They or there children aren't even given a chance. Wow gas is so high, the war is still going and thousands are losing there jobs.....do you feel free? I'm not sure where you all live but here in my home town the gas is $3.70.
First off: once a US born Anchor is age 18-----he/she can stay in the USA as an adult.

As for the minor age kids; either they stay with legal friends/family here or they have to go with their parents.

The blame lies with their parents--------not US society.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-28-2008, 11:37 AM
 
1 posts, read 1,622 times
Reputation: 10
Hi everybody!

Well I am one of them. Illegal wife with american baby and american husband. And I am from Europe. It is not right to break families, because baby will stay with no mom or with no dad. It is not my sons foult that I am here this way. He wants his mom and dad together and have both parents like every child. This is law is totaly absurd!!!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-28-2008, 11:41 AM
 
Location: Montrose, CA
3,031 posts, read 7,863,957 times
Reputation: 1925
Quote:
Originally Posted by lisaan View Post
Hi everybody!

Well I am one of them. Illegal wife with american baby and american husband. And I am from Europe. It is not right to break families, because baby will stay with no mom or with no dad. It is not my sons foult that I am here this way. He wants his mom and dad together and have both parents like every child. This is law is totaly absurd!!!!!
Why did you choose to break the law to be here? That's a great example to set for your child and a smack in the face for all the wonderful immigrants who do it LEGALLY.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-28-2008, 11:54 AM
 
Location: Mesa, Az
21,148 posts, read 36,615,542 times
Reputation: 3785
Quote:
Originally Posted by lisaan View Post
Hi everybody!

Well I am one of them. Illegal wife with american baby and american husband. And I am from Europe. It is not right to break families, because baby will stay with no mom or with no dad. It is not my sons foult that I am here this way. He wants his mom and dad together and have both parents like every child. This is law is totaly absurd!!!!!
It is not right to break our laws.........you made your choice about getting pregnant and having a child here in the USA--------and, I strongly 'suggest' that you leave before ICE gets you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-28-2008, 11:56 AM
 
Location: um....guess
10,479 posts, read 13,506,882 times
Reputation: 1825
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post
It is not right to break our laws.........you made your choice about getting pregnant and having a child here in the USA--------and, I strongly 'suggest' that you leave before ICE gets you.
What is ICE? Is it the Institute of Christian Economics?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-28-2008, 11:58 AM
 
1,818 posts, read 2,734,256 times
Reputation: 223
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post
Arizona Republic article (broken link)

As anti illegal immigrant I may be; the 10 year ban from re-entering the USA under the above circumstances does not set right with me.

Why I say that is one parent is is a US citizen which by default makes the child an American automatically-------Bryon is not an Anchor Baby.

I am OK with keeping the mother in Mexico for 1-3 years then allowing her to return provided she pays some fines and/or does community service.

Now; if both parents were illegal; they should be banned for the ten years.
It is sad, no doubt that, but I will say that is how the illegals feels when they are no longer with their families.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-28-2008, 12:01 PM
 
Location: Maryland
15,179 posts, read 15,809,199 times
Reputation: 3028
Quote:
Originally Posted by karfar View Post
What is ICE? Is it the Institute of Christian Economics?
No, it's Illegal Criminal Ejectors
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-28-2008, 12:05 PM
 
Location: um....guess
10,479 posts, read 13,506,882 times
Reputation: 1825
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
No, it's Illegal Criminal Ejectors
Ohhhh, hahahahaha, cute!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-28-2008, 01:24 PM
 
Location: Mesa, Az
21,148 posts, read 36,615,542 times
Reputation: 3785
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
No, it's Illegal Criminal Ejectors
Methinks I touched a nerve somewhere...........

As we both know: 1 866 DHS 2 ICE
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top