U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 08-28-2008, 04:50 PM

2,070 posts, read 2,296,361 times

Advertisements

I see lisaan logged on just long enough to make this one post and resurrect a thread that had died 5 months ago. Interesting.....

I would also like to know what makes lisaan think that she has the right to violate this country's immigration laws?

Let us hope the ICEman cometh...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-28-2008, 06:24 PM

13,387 posts, read 10,032,756 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lisaan View Post
Hi everybody!

Well I am one of them. Illegal wife with american baby and american husband. And I am from Europe. It is not right to break families, because baby will stay with no mom or with no dad. It is not my sons foult that I am here this way. He wants his mom and dad together and have both parents like every child. This is law is totaly absurd!!!!!
I don't want to hear your BS, I was born in the US and so was may family. At the age of 2 I lost my father and at 14 I lost my Mother. I didn't go around looking for sympathy and I didn't have the option of getting them back.
I had to move on in life!

Old 08-28-2008, 06:28 PM

3,641 posts, read 3,049,897 times
If you are illegal then I hope to hell you have your family broken up. It would be your fault and nobody elses. You did it and the best thing for our country to get rid of people like you who have no respect for our country.

Old 08-28-2008, 09:11 PM

47,585 posts, read 35,983,019 times
Quote:
Hi everybody!

Well I am one of them. Illegal wife with american baby and american husband. And I am from Europe. It is not right to break families, because baby will stay with no mom or with no dad. It is not my sons foult that I am here this way. He wants his mom and dad together and have both parents like every child. This is law is totaly absurd!!!!!
So what? It's your fault that you are. Just like it wouldn't be your son's fault if you weren't with him because you murdered someone and went to prison, or if you joined the military and were sent to Iraq.

In every one of these situations, there are at least two countries where one could choose to live. Nothing at all is stopping you from taking your family to your own country.

To think that popping out babies should get you a pass on immigration laws is absurd. Nothing would have prevented you and your husband from following the legal process, except that you chose the illegal route.

Old 08-28-2008, 09:47 PM

15,181 posts, read 10,293,883 times
Quote:
Hi everybody!

Folks, I believe we have a winner.

Ms. European Illegal Alien, our laws are not absurd. Go back to your country, and take your anchor with you. If your "husband" loves you, he will join you. If you’re looking for sympathy, you have made a wrong turn on the internet. Go over to DREAMland, they’ll welcome you with open arms.

Old 08-28-2008, 10:15 PM

13,387 posts, read 10,032,756 times
I think your husband, although "legal" should take some of the blame for not forcing you to take legal proceedures.

Old 08-29-2008, 09:09 AM

47,585 posts, read 35,983,019 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkfarnam View Post
I think your husband, although "legal" should take some of the blame for not forcing you to take legal proceedures.
That's a good point. Why would anyone wanting to marry a foreigner choose keeping their spouse "illegal", when family sponsorship and marriage are very commonly used ways to immigrate legally?

What would be the purpose in saying "No honey, don't bother getting your papers, I'd prefer you be here illegally"?

So many people follow the law since it's certainly a viable alternative to employer sponsored immigration, why in some cases do people decide not to do it? Is it that they maybe want the option of seeing a wife or husband that didn't work out be deported?

Old 08-29-2008, 10:40 AM

146 posts, read 387,529 times
Absolutely disgusting.

Nuclear family integrity should not be violated, regardless of the status of one of the spouses. Ties between husband and wife, as well as parent and child take precedence over paperwork.

I suggest automatic amnesty for all illegals married to Americans, unless the former comitted some serious crimes. Anything else is uncivilized and barbaric and should not be tolerated in America.

Shame on you, migra!

PS. I'm saying this as someone married to a (legal) foreigner. Therefore, it is easy for me to identify with that family.

Old 08-29-2008, 10:43 AM

7,020 posts, read 7,149,072 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sergeyn View Post
Absolutely disgusting.

Nuclear family integrity should not be violated, regardless of the status of one of the spouses. Ties between husband and wife, as well as parent and child take precedence over paperwork.

I suggest automatic amnesty for all illegals married to Americans, unless the former comitted some serious crimes. Anything else is uncivilized and barbaric and should not be tolerated in America.

Shame on you, migra!

PS. I'm saying this as someone married to a (legal) foreigner. Therefore, it is easy for me to identify with that family.
I agree it shouldn't be violated.

That is exactly why the American citizen who is fully knowledgeable of the illegal status of the person he/she is considering marrying, should be prepared at a moments' notice to leave the US and move to said partners' country of origin for the sake of "love" and family unity.

Old 08-29-2008, 10:50 AM

146 posts, read 387,529 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDubsMom View Post
I agree it shouldn't be violated.

That is exactly why the citizen who is fully knowledgeable of the illegal status of the person he/she is considering marrying should that partner be deported said spouse should be prepared to leave the US and move to said partners' country of origin for the sake of "love" and family unity.
I think that in this situation the rights of the American husband were violated.

Why is it that an AMERICAN cannot marry ANYONE he or she wants and stay with them in AMERICA? As an American, I think it is my right to marry anyone I want and live with them in MY country.

In other words, you can look at the issue purely in terms of the American husbund's rights, not even considering his foreign wife. The Government has clearly created tremendous hardship for an American citizen. Therefore, it did a lously job.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration