U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-25-2009, 08:12 PM

13,387 posts, read 16,270,186 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anonymous Political Junky View Post
Because they basically are Mexico. This I know since I was raised in CA and know Mexico quite well since some of my family lives there.
I lived in SoCal for 36 years and watched it change.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-25-2009, 08:43 PM

3,640 posts, read 4,321,215 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkfarnam View Post
I lived in SoCal for 36 years and watched it change.
It was terrible to watch it right before one's eyes. It is also terrible watching our country going the same route.

Old 06-25-2009, 09:55 PM

13,387 posts, read 16,270,186 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anonymous Political Junky View Post
It was terrible to watch it right before one's eyes. It is also terrible watching our country going the same route.
Noone can argue with that

Old 06-28-2009, 04:31 AM

1,150 posts, read 994,794 times
My guess is that either she was deported before, and returned illegally, or she was ordered to leave the country by an immigration judge, but ignored the order. I think that's probably why she got the ten year ban. I've never heard of anyone who was caught for the first time, was deported, and was banned for ten years.

Old 06-28-2009, 08:46 AM

47,576 posts, read 58,983,779 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayarcy View Post
My guess is that either she was deported before, and returned illegally, or she was ordered to leave the country by an immigration judge, but ignored the order. I think that's probably why she got the ten year ban. I've never heard of anyone who was caught for the first time, was deported, and was banned for ten years.
They aren't. There is some other crime involved.

The ten year ban is the same thing they do in Mexico if you're found to be there illegally. That's plenty fair.

Old 06-28-2009, 08:52 AM

61,424 posts, read 31,099,241 times
What I don't understand and makes it seem there is a lot more to the story is, that she was married to an American. She has full rights to be here, no matter what. What was the cause to disregard that marriage, for deportation? It had to be something pretty bad.

Old 06-29-2009, 01:20 AM

254 posts, read 418,473 times
Excellent! She deserved it! Now hopefully they'll start handing these sentences on the millions of others illegals. Especially the ones who are seemingly incapable of keeping their legs together and not reproducing.

Old 06-29-2009, 07:09 PM

23,641 posts, read 31,364,767 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
What I don't understand and makes it seem there is a lot more to the story is, that she was married to an American. She has full rights to be here, no matter what. What was the cause to disregard that marriage, for deportation? It had to be something pretty bad.
Marrying an American does not automatically confer legal status.

You still have to apply and the consequences for you are usually the same as they are for any other illegal.

Marrying an American offers no protection from deportation if you have lived here illegally for many years. Try reading the sob stories all over the internet about this.

Old 06-29-2009, 08:46 PM

219 posts, read 379,342 times
I am glad that marrying an American doesn't automatically give you legal status, now we just need to work on the being born in America (having only been here 2 hours) gives you legal status.

Old 06-30-2009, 05:57 PM

61,424 posts, read 31,099,241 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDGeek View Post
Marrying an American does not automatically confer legal status.

You still have to apply and the consequences for you are usually the same as they are for any other illegal.

Marrying an American offers no protection from deportation if you have lived here illegally for many years. Try reading the sob stories all over the internet about this.

Hmmmmm?

I was always taught differently, from a military background(my dad)
He would talk about the women from Vietnam, marrying service men and how it was their ticket to freedom, never to have to go back.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or