Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-04-2009, 04:37 PM

3,645 posts, read 4,923,980 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by evil leftist dogma View Post
Are you deliberately ignoring the fact that the man probably needs to keep his job in order to support his family? Right now, he's making money here and sending it to his family in Mexico, which means that money is leaving the US economy. Awesome.

I know all about the K-1 visa and the legal route to go. Breaking a draconic immigration law should not mean splitting up a family no matter which way you slice it- and to be so jaded and inconsiderate by suggesting the American father give up his job and go to Mexico where there may not be any work for him and risk him and his family starving... are you even human? That's some really messed up thinking. God forbid you ever have to walk a mile in their shoes.
You are most ignorant about Mexico and the people there. There are no damn starving children like the libs like to say there is. The money that is sent back is usually used, after enough has been accumilated, to buy beautiful ranches and homes with maids and all of the amenities you couldn't even imagine. They use that money, for the most part, to buy extras and not the things you think about. They do not need the money to eat or buy some pair of damn shoes. You need to learn more about Mexico than by watching the commercials for starving children from some company that will eat up that money. My family is from Mexico and I still have plenty family that lives in Mexico. I guarantee you that his family is not anywhere near starving. They are starving for cell phones, $200 tennish shoes, designer clothes and they all want that beautiful villa that so many buy then the ******* illegal leaves our country to go back to his family in Mexico and live high on the hog and laugh all the way to their bank at the stupid Americans, like you, for helping them to steal the jobs and the money from our country.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-04-2009, 04:54 PM

122 posts, read 150,633 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anonymous Political Junky View Post
You are most ignorant about Mexico and the people there. There are no damn starving children like the libs like to say there is. The money that is sent back is usually used, after enough has been accumilated, to buy beautiful ranches and homes with maids and all of the amenities you couldn't even imagine.
Where's the proof of this? I'm not playing into your lib-dem-neocon-right-left rhetoric, I am talking about people. Specifically, this family. And by the way, if the family had been kept together, that money would stay in the US and the economy and culture would benefit from it.

Quote:
They use that money, for the most part, to buy extras and not the things you think about. They do not need the money to eat or buy some pair of damn shoes. You need to learn more about Mexico than by watching the commercials for starving children from some company that will eat up that money. My family is from Mexico and I still have plenty family that lives in Mexico. I guarantee you that his family is not anywhere near starving. They are starving for cell phones, $200 tennish shoes, designer clothes and they all want that beautiful villa that so many buy then the ******* illegal leaves our country to go back to his family in Mexico and live high on the hog and laugh all the way to their bank at the stupid Americans, like you, for helping them to steal the jobs and the money from our country.
That's not what is happening here. The only reason the money is leaving the country is because two thirds of this family were deported. Now this man has to keep his job and pay for both a house in Mexico and a house in the US, along with all the other financial hardships which result from this (none of which benefit the United States at all). Again, save this name-calling rhetoric for people who are foolish enough to still buy into the two-party dictatorship, i.e. not me.

Old 07-04-2009, 05:08 PM

21,144 posts, read 42,112,858 times
Quote:
That's why so many illegal immigrants join the military. That's why so many illegal immigrants go to church, pay taxes, and own businesses. It's their way of spitting in the face of the founding fathers, right?
Illegal aliens cannot join the US military. That stated; a foreigner can join but has to go through official channels.

Quote:
What needs to happen is the system needs to be fixed because it's broken. When our great grandfathers came over here by boat, all you had to do was speak English and be willing to work to build the country. Now you need tens of thousands of dollars, a lawyer, and years of waiting, as well as a lot of luck.

If the founding fathers were here today, they would be shocked and mortified by this situation. They were proud of the possibilities of America, because it was a nation free of persecution and oppression. What, exactly, do you call tearing apart a family?
The cold reality is we do not need more uneducated peasants here hence why the immigration laws being restrictive.

Quote:
There's a huge difference between breaking a restrictive immigration law and doing actual harm to people. Laws are meant to protect people. This isn't protecting anyone. And your lack of compassion is really quite disgusting.
I have no compassion for illegals and their sub stories anymore.

My 'tipping point' was watching those insolent losers 'demanding' their nonexistant 'rights' at those illegal immigrants' 'rights' marches back in May 2006.

Suffice to say: I now understand in my heart what the Greatest Generation went through 60+ years ago---------this coming from one very disenchanted ex liberal here.

In other words: I perceive the invasion by those losers from SoB and everywhere else in the same vein as how the Allies must have felt prior to their successful attempt to roll back and cripple the Nazis and Tojo.

Old 07-04-2009, 05:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post
Illegal aliens cannot join the US military. That stated; a foreigner can join but has to go through official channels.
I beg to differ.
Illegal Immigrants: Uncle Sam Wants You -- In These Times
Another illegal immigrant serving in Iraq, Jose Gutierrez, was not so lucky. He was one of the first members of the U.S. armed forces to die during the invasion. Gutierrez had made his way to this country from Guatemala in 1996, at the age of 15, to escape the violence perpetrated by the death squads, only to be killed in Iraq by friendly fire. When the Pentagon announced his death, it came in the form of a carefully managed PR campaign that included a posthumous award of citizenship for Gutierrez, presumably to show that if an illegal immigrant manages to enlist and make it to Iraq, he will be rewarded. However, Gutierrez remains the only illegal alien on the U.S. casualty rolls whose real hometown is listed, while others who die are reported to be from Boston or Los Angeles, or wherever a recruiter finds them. In New York City, according to counter-recruitment activist Melida Arredondo, whose young stepson was killed in Iraq, DEP recruiters instruct illegal immigrants to write “New York City†as their “home of record address†on the enlistment form, and to write “pending†for their Social Security number.

They can and do join the military. They commit fraud and put their own lives at risk for this country they disrespect so much.

Quote:
The cold reality is we do not need more uneducated peasants here hence why the immigration laws being restrictive.
What about people who want to come work and go to school in the states but can't because they don't have a whole lot of money and aren't allowed to work in the US on student visas? Some day they might be doctors or nurses, but aren't given that opportunity.

Quote:
I have no compassion for illegals and their sub stories anymore.
Well, I still have compassion for you!
Quote:
My 'tipping point' was watching those insolent losers 'demanding' their nonexistant 'rights' at those illegal immigrants' 'rights' marches back in May 2006.
So let a loud minority skew your view on everyone and make you close-minded and bitter. Brilliant.

Quote:
Suffice to say: I now understand in my heart what the Greatest Generation went through 60+ years ago---------this coming from one very disenchanted ex liberal here.

In other words: I perceive the invasion by those losers from SoB and everywhere else in the same vein as how the Allies must have felt prior to their successful attempt to roll back and cripple the Nazis and Tojo.
So if you were a part of the "Greatest Generation", which side would you be rooting for? Because your views on compassion don't seem to be congruent with the Allies.

Old 07-04-2009, 05:54 PM

Quote:
Where's the proof of this? I'm not playing into your lib-dem-neocon-right-left rhetoric, I am talking about people. Specifically, this family. And by the way, if the family had been kept together, that money would stay in the US and the economy and culture would benefit from it.

That's not what is happening here. The only reason the money is leaving the country is because two thirds of this family were deported. Now this man has to keep his job and pay for both a house in Mexico and a house in the US, along with all the other financial hardships which result from this (none of which benefit the United States at all). Again, save this name-calling rhetoric for people who are foolish enough to still buy into the two-party dictatorship, i.e. not me.
Sorry, but I know more about Mexico than you could ever hope to and I do not care one iota about this family and them being separated. That is completely their fault. I am of Mexican descent and I am sick of the lib pro-illegals, like you, making it seem that all of the illegals are nothing but poor people who only come here for work. It is pure and utter BS and nonsense and people with brains know this already.

BTW, what two parties. Both parties in our country are two sides of the same coin. You are an illegal lover, and as such, are nothing better than an illegal yourself.

ILLEGAL means ILLEGAL and the illegal have made it more difficult for the legal and citizens that are Hispanic. You are not helping the matter at all with you "ooh we have to feel sorry for them" attitude.

Old 07-04-2009, 05:57 PM

Quote:
I beg to differ.
Illegal Immigrants: Uncle Sam Wants You -- In These Times
Another illegal immigrant serving in Iraq, Jose Gutierrez, was not so lucky. He was one of the first members of the U.S. armed forces to die during the invasion. Gutierrez had made his way to this country from Guatemala in 1996, at the age of 15, to escape the violence perpetrated by the death squads, only to be killed in Iraq by friendly fire. When the Pentagon announced his death, it came in the form of a carefully managed PR campaign that included a posthumous award of citizenship for Gutierrez, presumably to show that if an illegal immigrant manages to enlist and make it to Iraq, he will be rewarded. However, Gutierrez remains the only illegal alien on the U.S. casualty rolls whose real hometown is listed, while others who die are reported to be from Boston or Los Angeles, or wherever a recruiter finds them. In New York City, according to counter-recruitment activist Melida Arredondo, whose young stepson was killed in Iraq, DEP recruiters instruct illegal immigrants to write “New York City” as their “home of record address” on the enlistment form, and to write “pending” for their Social Security number.

They can and do join the military. They commit fraud and put their own lives at risk for this country they disrespect so much.

What about people who want to come work and go to school in the states but can't because they don't have a whole lot of money and aren't allowed to work in the US on student visas? Some day they might be doctors or nurses, but aren't given that opportunity.

Well, I still have compassion for you!

So let a loud minority skew your view on everyone and make you close-minded and bitter. Brilliant.

So if you were a part of the "Greatest Generation", which side would you be rooting for? Because your views on compassion don't seem to be congruent with the Allies.
What we need is a minimum of a ten year moritorium on all immigration and we need to absolutely STOP ALL immigration unless they can prove to us that they are good for our country and that they can support themselves, and not by working in the fields or construction or any other of the thousands of jobs that illegals have helped to depreciate the wages. We need people who are college educated and aren't going to be a drag on our system.

Old 07-04-2009, 06:00 PM

Quote:
Sorry, but I know more about Mexico than you could ever hope to and I do not care one iota about this family and them being separated.
You know nothing about this family. Stop marginilizing.
Quote:
That is completely their fault. I am of Mexican descent and I am sick of the lib pro-illegals, like you, making it seem that all of the illegals are nothing but poor people who only come here for work. It is pure and utter BS and nonsense and people with brains know this already.
I am in no way suggesting the intentions of all illegal aliens are noble. As a legal alien, it is frustrating to think that other people get into this country without the arduous tasks that I had to/continue to have to go through. However, I don't blame the ones who just want work or a better life for doing so, because I was once one of those people too. I also don't think the solution is to make immigration more difficult.
Quote:
BTW, what two parties. Both parties in our country are two sides of the same coin. You are an illegal lover, and as such, are nothing better than an illegal yourself.
Wow, it's like a blast from the past if you replace the word "illegal" with the N-word in this statement. I'm glad that your distorted view on humanity is going to die out in the next 20 years.
Quote:
ILLEGAL means ILLEGAL and the illegal have made it more difficult for the legal and citizens that are Hispanic. You are not helping the matter at all with you "ooh we have to feel sorry for them" attitude.
I refuse to demonize human beings who are searching for happiness. I'm sorry that you're too jaded to believe in that.

Old 07-04-2009, 06:03 PM

21,144 posts, read 42,112,858 times
Quote:

I am in no way suggesting the intentions of all illegal aliens are noble. As a legal alien, it is frustrating to think that other people get into this country without the arduous tasks that I had to/continue to have to go through. However, I don't blame the ones who just want work or a better life for doing so, because I was once one of those people too. I also don't think the solution is to make immigration more difficult.

Wow, it's like a blast from the past if you replace the word "illegal" with the N-word in this statement. I'm glad that your distorted view on humanity is going to die out in the next 20 years.

I refuse to demonize human beings who are searching for happiness. I'm sorry that you're too jaded to believe in that.
ROFLMAO!

Yes: I am extremely prejudiced against illegal aliens irrespective of actual race/ethnicity.

Flip side: legal immigrants; Mestizo Mexican or otherwise, I welcome to my nation.

Old 07-04-2009, 06:06 PM

Quote:

Oh stop acting like you know anything about them. Illegal is illegal and they should be deported and I don't give a damn about separating families.

You have no problem demonizing American citizens though who want the rule of law folowed. Just like a pro-illegal lib.

If you are stupid enough to think that 20 years from now this country will be anything like you think it will, then you probably also believe in the tooth fairy. By then this country will be a shell of itself thanks to people like you and your messiah in the Whitehouse now.

Old 07-04-2009, 06:07 PM

3,046 posts, read 6,284,164 times
I'm all broke up about this....NOT!!!! She is a problem. An ILLEGAL !!! Round them all up and run them out of the Country!!!! We need another Truman, Hoover, and Ike to get rid of them. Besides, This is the USA, we speak English here. They don't, so send them home.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration