U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-05-2009, 12:51 AM

4,980 posts, read 8,213,818 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by evil leftist dogma View Post
I think if you are here legally on a visitor visa or something, you can apply for an I291 or CoS or something that lets you start the process without having to exit and re-enter on a K1 visa. It takes up to a year to two years to get everything official, which is a long time to not be working in this economy.

Cheap heckling isn't valuable discussion.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-05-2009, 01:04 AM

122 posts, read 131,938 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nebulous1 View Post
Cheap heckling isn't valuable discussion.
I'm new here, but preaching to the choir isn't valuable discussion either. And that seems to be what 90% of this forum is, since any differing views are "unpatriotic" ones coming from "treachorous illegal-loving fiends". I would've thought that went out of fashion after the comical "evil-doer" rhetoric of the last failure of an administration.

Old 07-05-2009, 08:28 AM

3,640 posts, read 4,309,484 times
Quote:
I'm new here, but preaching to the choir isn't valuable discussion either. And that seems to be what 90% of this forum is, since any differing views are "unpatriotic" ones coming from "treachorous illegal-loving fiends".
Hey, you finally have some insight about yourself. Now, go and learn what it is to be patriotic and to love our country.

Old 07-05-2009, 12:32 PM

3,054 posts, read 5,029,987 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkfarnam View Post
Yes, I know that the truth hurts, I just hope that it wasn't too painful.

Like is said, your not worth arguing with. Now that you've assumed that I'm a coward, would you like my "Minutemen" ID# so you can report your findings to my authorities?.

HEHEHE You and I both know the leftest will never understand !!! Keep fighting for our Country, because weak knee turncoats like you responded to never will.

Old 07-05-2009, 12:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 12GO View Post
HEHEHE You and I both know the leftest will never understand !!! Keep fighting for our Country, because weak knee turncoats like you responded to never will.
He's not fighting anyone. The Minutemen movement is ridiculous pseudo-patriotic chest-beating by middle aged men who have nothing better to do. It's not patriotic, it isn't going to stop illegal immigration, and it's not going to impress anyone with an iota of intelligence. The fact that they would compare themselves to the heroic Minutemen of the Revolutionary War is pretty crass- chasing a bunch of unarmed illegal aliens across the desert doesn't even compare.

Old 07-05-2009, 02:28 PM

21,148 posts, read 36,622,458 times
Quote:
He's not fighting anyone. The Minutemen movement is ridiculous pseudo-patriotic chest-beating by middle aged men who have nothing better to do. It's not patriotic, it isn't going to stop illegal immigration, and it's not going to impress anyone with an iota of intelligence. The fact that they would compare themselves to the heroic Minutemen of the Revolutionary War is pretty crass- chasing a bunch of unarmed illegal aliens across the desert doesn't even compare.
Just remember that the Minutemen were instrumental in placing illegal immigration in the public spotlight.

Old 07-05-2009, 03:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post
Just remember that the Minutemen were instrumental in placing illegal immigration in the public spotlight.
In the same way clowns call attention to themselves. By making a bunch of noise, being crass and obnoxious and making a scene. It may have had good results, but in my opinion bragging about being a Minuteman as if the act itself somehow makes him less of a coward is pretty transparent. People who want to be heroes but can't join the military, so they unprofessionally tote their .12 gauge shot guns around in self-righteous desperation. They need a cause like anyone else, and it just so happens that there's one right here for them.

Old 07-05-2009, 03:50 PM

Quote:
In the same way clowns call attention to themselves. By making a bunch of noise, being crass and obnoxious and making a scene. It may have had good results, but in my opinion bragging about being a Minuteman as if the act itself somehow makes him less of a coward is pretty transparent. People who want to be heroes but can't join the military, so they unprofessionally tote their .12 gauge shot guns around in self-righteous desperation. They need a cause like anyone else, and it just so happens that there's one right here for them.
DREAM on.

Old 07-05-2009, 04:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post
DREAM on.
Yeah you're right, the youth of America is behind them:

YouTube - Mexican vs. Racist Angry white minutemen

YouTube - "god gave the power to the white americans" minuteman and Christian right wing nutjob

Wait, I don't see anyone but old people there. Old people who are trying not to make it blatantly obvious they are racists, but still.

Old 07-05-2009, 04:18 PM

Care to explain the 'brown' Hispanics who are also Minutemen--------or; since they do not toe the pro illegal line, that makes them White supremacists as well?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or