Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-17-2008, 06:20 PM

103 posts, read 260,878 times

Advertisements

Or, they can all go live in some country that really wants them. People move all over the world.

If they can find no other options, then they must like this martyr role.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-17-2008, 06:36 PM

1,304 posts, read 3,330,734 times
buying her way across the border..
buying fake documents.. this could lead to
a huge terrorist problem.. she COULD have been
a terrorist.. gets/buys fake documents to be able
to go work for a company like this... then one day
walk into work with a huge bomb strapped to her.
Of course she wasn't.. but do we all want to take
a chance for another 911? There are reasons.. just
like this.. that make it easy for any terrorist to gain
entry by buying thier way across.. by buying fake
documents and green cards. There were thousands of
scam marriages every year.. pay for marrage get free
automatic citizenship.. Laws were changed.. he knew
she was an illegal BEFORE he married her. Still does NOT
take away the fact that she was here illegally and stole
that job from an American. If she was not here illegally to
begin with... there would be no need for this thread, and
She would NOT have a baby born in the US. He may have
found and married an American or a legal immigrant. legal
from the get go... he wouldn't be here, she wouldn't be there.

Old 02-17-2008, 07:04 PM

126 posts, read 279,416 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GrannyII View Post
There's more to this story. I knew a couple with similar situation. The husband got sent back to Mexico for about 10 months. The woman in this story may have a criminal past.

And why can't the husband go live in Mexico?
I am anti ilegal inmigration, actualy against any inmigration that is not productive for us.
The problem we face is that this is about economics, which behave based
on a balance of availability and demand, to this moment the balance is in favor of demand; we need a lot of effective workers to make this economy
work, and we have an ample source of them in Mexico, we have tried to do it without them but it's not economicaly feasible.
That's a similar rationale that can be aplied to drug trafficking, the reality
is that we have the higher number of drug addicts in the world, and there we have it, despite all measures taken drug imports continue on the rise

Old 02-17-2008, 07:05 PM

21,144 posts, read 41,985,296 times
As I stated in the beginning; nasty choice either way.

If indeed the woman broke several laws doing what she did-----she then deserves what she gets.

Oh well.

Old 02-17-2008, 07:11 PM

1,999 posts, read 1,645,685 times
Many husband and or wife breaks the law causing them to be seperate and seperated from their kids. You break the law you pay for it. And they dont get any extra incentives for doing wrong.
No extra pity for lawbreakers, send them all to Mexico so they can be together.

Old 02-17-2008, 07:25 PM

26,677 posts, read 41,509,172 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post
Arizona Republic article (broken link)

As anti illegal immigrant I may be; the 10 year ban from re-entering the USA under the above circumstances does not set right with me.

Why I say that is one parent is is a US citizen which by default makes the child an American automatically-------Bryon is not an Anchor Baby.

I am OK with keeping the mother in Mexico for 1-3 years then allowing her to return provided she pays some fines and/or does community service.

Now; if both parents were illegal; they should be banned for the ten years.
i agree that this is one of the RARE stories of illegals which i actually have SOME sympathy for, but rules are rules and if we are serious about stopping this illegal invasion we cant give ANY breaks to those who disrespect the law.

Old 02-17-2008, 07:37 PM

103 posts, read 260,878 times
We have a high number of drug addicts because the Mexicans have been shipping drugs over the border since at least the 60's. I remember who brought some of the first drug use to my college. Kids out of San Diego.

Since we were far from the border, now I look back and say - yeah. Mexico.

And so we have a high number of people who have been damaged by Mexican drug sellers creating a wonderful opportunity for Mexico to send up their "workers". Unfortunately, some of their workers are also addicted and/or selling drugs openly at day labor sites.

Drugs from Mexico are good business - for the Mexicans.

Old 02-18-2008, 04:35 AM

10,757 posts, read 35,324,340 times
For those that feel sorry for this woman, what if was YOUR identity she stole to work and live here in the US. What if it was YOUR work history she was messing with, what if she worked using your social security number, therefore making it look like you had earned twice what you really had, the IRS would expect you to pay up. I hear they aren't really friendly to people who don't pay their taxes.

Old 02-18-2008, 07:51 AM

21,144 posts, read 41,985,296 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lindsey_Mcfarren View Post
For those that feel sorry for this woman, what if was YOUR identity she stole to work and live here in the US. What if it was YOUR work history she was messing with, what if she worked using your social security number, therefore making it look like you had earned twice what you really had, the IRS would expect you to pay up. I hear they aren't really friendly to people who don't pay their taxes.
Hence my comment that assuming multiple laws were broken (which were not commented on in the original article); the woman deserves what she gets-----if it means staying out of the USA for 10 years.

Old 02-18-2008, 08:08 AM

407 posts, read 797,747 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post
Arizona Republic article (broken link)

As anti illegal immigrant I may be; the 10 year ban from re-entering the USA under the above circumstances does not set right with me.

Why I say that is one parent is is a US citizen which by default makes the child an American automatically-------Bryon is not an Anchor Baby.

I am OK with keeping the mother in Mexico for 1-3 years then allowing her to return provided she pays some fines and/or does community service.

Now; if both parents were illegal; they should be banned for the ten years.
I am ok with it because it is time that illegals understand that they are not wanted and that there are consequences for their actions of breaking any and every law they deem they need to.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration