U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-23-2008, 07:46 AM

1,474 posts, read 2,016,184 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post
The Spaniards were 'immigrants' to Mexico, etc. as well------and, subjugated the Aztec, Mayan, etc. peoples.

If us putative American 'immigrants' have to 'go back' to Europe------so do the Mestizo and other non Indian Hispanics

Remember that the Aztecs never lived as far north as our Southwest prior to 1492------besides, the Navajo, Apache, etc. tribes would have a huge problem being under the former group's domination.

Hey Good Morning neighbor.............

How about I don't wanna go cause I don't wanna learn English english again and Their aren't enough of you puntas to make me go without a good stand up fight.
I'm Middle aged, I'm not fat, and I'm not lazy "La Raza" so no push over from this ole white boy.
Oh and I dont have cheap assed hand guns either.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-24-2008, 11:41 AM

5,513 posts, read 4,814,507 times
Default Good

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyLoki View Post
HAHAHA, thats funny, she was here illegally so she suffers the consequences. thats life.
I agree and the sooner those who break our border and expect to live here realize that the better. No jobs, no work, no money , no food return and get in line like the rest of the world who had to wait and were staving and were poor and under tyranny.

Old 03-24-2008, 11:54 AM

1,275 posts, read 2,123,814 times
Wow, reading the last couple of pages of the converstion made me wonder what the topic was about as it steered away from it. So go back to the OP and discuss the topic or thread will be closed.

Old 03-28-2008, 11:59 PM

394 posts, read 896,330 times
Quote:
Arizona Republic article (broken link)

As anti illegal immigrant I may be; the 10 year ban from re-entering the USA under the above circumstances does not set right with me.

Why I say that is one parent is is a US citizen which by default makes the child an American automatically-------Bryon is not an Anchor Baby.

I am OK with keeping the mother in Mexico for 1-3 years then allowing her to return provided she pays some fines and/or does community service.

Now; if both parents were illegal; they should be banned for the ten years.
ya, you won't catch me running down the street waving a mexican flag anytime soon either arizonabear but i'd have to agree with you here. she was trying to do the right thing. all things considered that was pretty damn harsh

Old 03-29-2008, 06:59 AM

21,148 posts, read 36,615,542 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scootertrash61 View Post
ya, you won't catch me running down the street waving a mexican flag anytime soon either arizonabear but i'd have to agree with you here. she was trying to do the right thing. all things considered that was pretty damn harsh
And to run with your ball further; once about 80% of the illegal immigrants (including most of the minor age Anchor Babies) leave the USA, the hostility against those few remaining illegals will diminish greatly and there may be some provisions put in place for limited 'amnesty' after paying some fines and doing community service.

The above would apply to those illegals who were not troublemakers....and, have some way to verify.

Old 03-29-2008, 10:23 AM

29 posts, read 51,298 times
The woman in this story may have a criminal past.

Carrillo tapped into that network as soon as she arrived, getting jobs taking care of children and cleaning houses. Later she bought a fake green card and other bogus documents on the street, which helped get her the janitor's job with Aramark working at Boeing.

Working at a defense contractor with fake documents..
when his her husband found she was illegal he should of done the right thing,
enforce the laws we have. embedding a criminal?

As a employee of boeing he should of been prosecuted fired too!
as well as boeing should have been fined for not checking her papers. shoot this is why after 20 years in aerospace no jobs. but this goes further, I bet the personnel manager for boening is pro immigrant! thus the not bother to check the id of these workers.

I can remember in the Reagan admin the ssi and driver lic and it took weeks for a background check, we saw a slight dwindle of these job stealing workers under that law, may of been fines for employers that did not correctly verify
legal workers. not one looks at the true damage these people are doing to
our fabric of life.

Old 03-29-2008, 08:16 PM

394 posts, read 896,330 times
Quote:
And to run with your ball further; once about 80% of the illegal immigrants (including most of the minor age Anchor Babies) leave the USA, the hostility against those few remaining illegals will diminish greatly and there may be some provisions put in place for limited 'amnesty' after paying some fines and doing community service.

The above would apply to those illegals who were not troublemakers....and, have some way to verify.
and if all of that were to happen, i would probably support it

Old 03-29-2008, 10:45 PM

62 posts, read 121,715 times
Of course there are married partners that will be separated if immigration laws are enforced. But come on, from the beginning if both people KNOW that there is a chance one of them may be forced to return to their country of origin then that is knowledge of possible consequences. Don't whine about it when you are caught and act surpised.

Old 03-30-2008, 11:23 AM

47,576 posts, read 58,699,632 times
Quote:
The Spaniards were 'immigrants' to Mexico, etc. as well------and, subjugated the Aztec, Mayan, etc. peoples.

If us putative American 'immigrants' have to 'go back' to Europe------so do the Mestizo and other non Indian Hispanics

Remember that the Aztecs never lived as far north as our Southwest prior to 1492------besides, the Navajo, Apache, etc. tribes would have a huge problem being under the former group's domination.
Yes. And it's not the concern of Mexicans what the relationship between whites and American Indians is.

Mexicans can worry about the lands they robbed from their own Indians, and what goes on in the USA is between Americans.

In many cases here, the Indian groups sides with one or another European group in wars, the Iroquois sided with the British, the Hurons with the French -- but not of that involves Spaniards, Mexicans or Aztecs.

Old 04-07-2008, 06:53 PM

2 posts, read 3,565 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinman01 View Post
You are correct I don't have compassion for criminals. Nor do I have compassion for those who would facilitate criminal behavior. They came came here long ago and made a life?
They robbed that bank long ago and used the money to buy a house. Should they be forced to forfeit the house if caught? Hell yes.
Should illegals be deported no matter how long they have managed to evade the law? Yes absolutely. That is the price for cheating, for having no regard for the laws to begin with. Permanent ban on re-entry is also the right thing to do also.
Wow! I cant believe me post caught your attention in such a way. And I'm so glad you've given me that power over that you agree of what and who you are Tin_Man. And to all of you who have read my past post I want you to answer my past question. When an illegal parent comes to this country bringing along an infant, does the child deserve to be forced to leave do to his/hers parents mistake? The parent broke the knowing what he or she has done and i agree that they should go back but I cant say the same about a child who grows up going to school with americans and everyday hears how this is "the land of the free" and now that this once child is 10, 15, or 20 has to now be torn from there lives. They didn't chose to come here. Its funny how a few years ago it was alot easier for illegals to become legal and now it is not. They or there children aren't even given a chance. Wow gas is so high, the war is still going and thousands are losing there jobs.....do you feel free? I'm not sure where you all live but here in my home town the gas is $3.70.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or