U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-16-2016, 07:41 PM

1,017 posts, read 554,957 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by fisheye View Post
Ronald Reagan authorized the first wave of the invasion and Obama authorized the second wave though his 'progressive' do nothing approach. I presume, from her statements, that Hillary will authorize the third and final wave. Nobody will be able to recognize this Country after the last invasion.
And Ted Kennedy said "never again," that the 1986 Amnesty was one time only. What is so gosh-darn important about letting illegals off the hook? If we had followed the immigration laws already on the books, this invasion would not have occurred. Yup, some would get through, but not to the extent we have on our hands now. We have given illegals driver licenses, opened up the CA Health Insurance Registry to them, basically everything except voting. They feel empowered and snub their collective noses at us.

OT: I do hope Trump stems the flow of refugees from strife-torn countries. Hillary will welcome everyone in the country regardless of their intentions. Full disclosure - I voted for Hillary when she ran against Barack Obama. Either my eyes were closed or Hillary has since then proven to have too much baggage. I am sure Barack is a delightful, nice person in his personal/civilian life, but as President, I am extremely disappointed in him. Let's face it - we are doomed -- now is not the time for the U.S. to continue on its rudderless path.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-17-2016, 06:14 PM

13,191 posts, read 10,596,388 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Annie1004 View Post
And Ted Kennedy said "never again," that the 1986 Amnesty was one time only. What is so gosh-darn important about letting illegals off the hook? If we had followed the immigration laws already on the books, this invasion would not have occurred. Yup, some would get through, but not to the extent we have on our hands now. We have given illegals driver licenses, opened up the CA Health Insurance Registry to them, basically everything except voting. They feel empowered and snub their collective noses at us.

OT: I do hope Trump stems the flow of refugees from strife-torn countries. Hillary will welcome everyone in the country regardless of their intentions. Full disclosure - I voted for Hillary when she ran against Barack Obama. Either my eyes were closed or Hillary has since then proven to have too much baggage. I am sure Barack is a delightful, nice person in his personal/civilian life, but as President, I am extremely disappointed in him. Let's face it - we are doomed -- now is not the time for the U.S. to continue on its rudderless path.
Thank you! I am glad that I am not young and have to live to see this through! Our Country is becoming unrecognizable; we are being attacked/invaded by the politicians that we put in office! Trump is the only candidate that might actually stop the insanity. Hillary wants to hurt us more than Obama - she is not a friend of America.

Old 07-18-2016, 08:01 PM

11,831 posts, read 7,714,980 times
Obama's Immigration Policy is a success. This is exactly what his donors wanted Obama to do.

Old 07-19-2016, 02:26 AM

9,344 posts, read 4,748,920 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post
The presumptive Republican nominee has yet to be nominated and is walking bAck his promise to deport all illegal aliens. He now refers to Obama as the Chief Deporter and unlike Obama he will be the president with a heart.

Trump is on the record about making it easier for foreigners to be legally employed.

Illegal immigration became a tidal wave in the 80's. Reagan authorized amnesty and made a lot of promises about controlling the borders and cracking down on employment of undocumented workers.

Bush 1 and Clinton had no interest and apparently neither did Congress.

Bush 2 campaigned twice on the promise of immigration reform and amnesty. Congress would not play ball.

A bipartisan Senate committee created a bill that Obama supported. The House declined to stand up and be counted with a vote.

Congress has not passed any bill to address immigration reform.

Only 5 states have chosen to make e-Verify the law for all jobs.

30 years of kicking the can is no accident and as bipartisan as it gets. It has not mattered who sat the oval or held the majority.
Poor Obama, it's everyone problem but his. How did he manage to do the IRA deal and pass Obamacare without Congress approval? Of course when he wanted to.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or