Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-18-2008, 05:01 PM

11,887 posts, read 36,800,235 times

Advertisements

I do believe we should focus on the problem of illegal immigration and try not to single out a single nationality, even though that nationality is in the majority.

It would probably enable a more civilized discussion. Illegal is illegal, it does not matter to me from which country they came. It helps to know the source, but I think we can discuss the issues without constantly criticizing one source.

Can we agree to discuss things more rationally or do I need to start deleting posts. I'm not telling anyone to be so politically correct that they can't mention nationalities and such, just try and be a little more civil in your arguments.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-18-2008, 05:09 PM

3,432 posts, read 2,931,426 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Synopsis View Post
I do believe we should focus on the problem of illegal immigration and try not to single out a single nationality, even though that nationality is in the majority.

It would probably enable a more civilized discussion. Illegal is illegal, it does not matter to me from which country they came. It helps to know the source, but I think we can discuss the issues without constantly criticizing one source.

Can we agree to discuss things more rationally or do I need to start deleting posts. I'm not telling anyone to be so politically correct that they can't mention nationalities and such, just try and be a little more civil in your arguments.
If we can keep this debate like this, I suggest changing the name title. Why Mexican illegal? Why not illegal?

Old 02-18-2008, 06:14 PM

1,211 posts, read 1,483,122 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProLogic View Post
Don't skew the point. You did everything else but answer my question. Answer my question. I have yet to understand your reasoning behind slapping the illegal label on only Mexicans.
Mr Proillegal
Not to many Canadian gangs in the streets robing and killing.

Old 02-18-2008, 11:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by junkman18 View Post
Mr Proillegal
Not to many Canadian gangs in the streets robing and killing.
What makes you think I'm pro-illegal? simply because I disagree with a post? And its not 'to' its 'too'. Its not robing, its robbing. Now that that's settled, your basically telling me because Mexicans are the majority of illegal immigrants which make up an unofficial percentage of 56%, that all Mexicans who are illegal are violent criminals?

Old 02-19-2008, 01:57 AM

9,763 posts, read 10,491,895 times
Quote:
What makes you think I'm pro-illegal? simply because I disagree with a post? And its not 'to' its 'too'. Its not robing, its robbing. Now that that's settled, your basically telling me because Mexicans are the majority of illegal immigrants which make up an unofficial percentage of 56%, that all Mexicans who are illegal are violent criminals?
All illegals, Mexican or other, are not violent criminals. Likewise, all illegals, Mexican and others, are not "poor starving hard working law abiding family people." Since the previous is what illegals themselves and their supporters claim, threads such as this serve to rebut those claims.

Old 02-19-2008, 05:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nvxplorer View Post
All illegals, Mexican or other, are not violent criminals. Likewise, all illegals, Mexican and others, are not "poor starving hard working law abiding family people." Since the previous is what illegals themselves and their supporters claim, threads such as this serve to rebut those claims.
I would have to say some are very poor and some are living essentially "pay check to pay check" or scraping by. Compared to the standards of some of the villages in Africa, I'd say they're well off.

Old 02-20-2008, 09:46 AM

1,211 posts, read 1,483,122 times
Quote:
I would have to say some are very poor and some are living essentially "pay check to pay check" or scraping by. Compared to the standards of some of the villages in Africa, I'd say they're well off.
Maybe things have changed sense the last time you were in Africa.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration