Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-06-2016, 06:23 PM

20,524 posts, read 15,901,778 times

Advertisements

WASHINGTON (AP) — The Senate, in an election-year standoff over immigration, has blocked two measures stemming from last year's deadly San Francisco shooting involving an immigrant living in the U.S. illegally.

Absent sweeping changes to the nation's immigration system, the first measure would have barred federal funds from sanctuary cities, jurisdictions that resist turning over immigrants to federal authorities. The second measure would have increased the maximum sentence for illegal re-entry into the country, with up to a 10-year penalty for an individual denied admission or deported at least three times.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/senate-bl...-politics.html

Hey guys; how many more Americans will have to be murdered BEFORE you Wash DC fools start doing the right things for Americans, NOT illegal aliens. Sheesh.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-08-2016, 06:37 AM

6,417 posts, read 1,431,986 times
Sad news. These would be two great changes. Hope they can revisit and pass them in the future. Sanctuary cities support criminals and are a travesty to the U.S.

Old 07-08-2016, 06:53 AM

25,962 posts, read 22,113,827 times
What I find is, for the most part, my elected officials in KS don't support "immigration reform" BUT they are Republicans and will not, absolutely will not, address an email about illegal immigrants. KS wants to exploit their labor and it is destroying our state not to mention that we can't afford to "carry" all these illegals and their anchors. Education here is going down the toilet since it costs 3 times as much to educate children of illegal aliens!

I plan to flee the state as soon as possible as at the point the illegals get amnesty and an open door to a full array of welfare services, it will be the final blow to a state that has refused to address the problems that are being caused by illegal aliens. As far as I am concerned, the state can have them and finally end up paying for their exploitation of the illegal aliens, the old "you reap what you sow" in action.

Old 07-08-2016, 08:27 AM

62,945 posts, read 29,134,396 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnywhereElse View Post
What I find is, for the most part, my elected officials in KS don't support "immigration reform" BUT they are Republicans and will not, absolutely will not, address an email about illegal immigrants. KS wants to exploit their labor and it is destroying our state not to mention that we can't afford to "carry" all these illegals and their anchors. Education here is going down the toilet since it costs 3 times as much to educate children of illegal aliens!

I plan to flee the state as soon as possible as at the point the illegals get amnesty and an open door to a full array of welfare services, it will be the final blow to a state that has refused to address the problems that are being caused by illegal aliens. As far as I am concerned, the state can have them and finally end up paying for their exploitation of the illegal aliens, the old "you reap what you sow" in action.

There are very few places in the U.S. where you can escape illegal aliens and their supporters. You might have to move to the cold, cold, upper eastern part of this country to have any chance. Sad but true.

Old 07-08-2016, 09:22 AM

17,342 posts, read 11,277,677 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnywhereElse View Post

Consider yourself lucky you're in KS where illegals are still small in numbers compared to CA where I live. I would gladly trade places with you.

Old 07-08-2016, 10:09 AM

589 posts, read 300,063 times
It would be interesting to see who opposed it. When I hear "immigration reform" from the liberals, it means amnesty and that is not the "reform" I would support. Quite the contrary, "immigration reform" I would like to see is a "reform" to get theses Illegal Aliens out of this country period.

If you are here illegally, you are deported, period. End all sanctuary cities, which, I don't understand why we even have them. These Illegal Aliens are NOT "immigrants". They are invaders and here illegally. They are not the citizens of the USA, aka, Aliens. Don't trust the language that the liberals like to use to confuse the general public in thinking they are doing good for the country.

Old 07-08-2016, 10:22 AM

62,945 posts, read 29,134,396 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scot892 View Post
It would be interesting to see who opposed it. When I hear "immigration reform" from the liberals, it means amnesty and that is not the "reform" I would support. Quite the contrary, "immigration reform" I would like to see is a "reform" to get theses Illegal Aliens out of this country period.

If you are here illegally, you are deported, period. End all sanctuary cities, which, I don't understand why we even have them. These Illegal Aliens are NOT "immigrants". They are invaders and here illegally. They are not the citizens of the USA, aka, Aliens. Don't trust the language that the liberals like to use to confuse the general public in thinking they are doing good for the country.

The PC term that irritates me the most is "undocumented" as if they just forgot their documents and left them at home. As a matter of fact they have all kinds of documents all fake or stolen so no they aren't "undocumented".

Old 07-08-2016, 10:45 AM

6,417 posts, read 1,431,986 times
It's not too bad with illegals in the Southeast U.S. I know it is terrible on the Southwest Border States and Texas, and especially California.

Old 07-08-2016, 10:53 AM

589 posts, read 300,063 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
The PC term that irritates me the most is "undocumented" as if they just forgot their documents and left them at home. As a matter of fact they have all kinds of documents all fake or stolen so no they aren't "undocumented".
Completely agree with you. Even more so, are the sell outs in congress that are supposedly protecting us from these Illegal Aliens, instead, they not only sympathize them but entice them even more. Get these out of office ASAP, starting from the very top and don't replace them with another one just like them.

Old 07-08-2016, 11:58 AM

8,061 posts, read 4,885,133 times
Default What Pork did they add?

The Bills make perfect sense and everyone can agree on. The real question is if these bills were watered down and what pork was added in on the last page in fine print?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration