U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-03-2008, 07:08 AM

1,448 posts, read 2,658,155 times

Advertisements

Quote:
As EarthMother1951 stated.

I will freely admit it: I used to be much more sympathetic to the illegal immigrants-------till they flew the Mexican flag during their protests 2 years ago.

Something inside me snapped and turned me against those ingrate losers.
Same here. When they call us a racist, it also reveals their racist feelings toward Americans.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-03-2008, 10:42 AM

1,818 posts, read 2,734,256 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EarthMother1951 View Post
Yep and your problem is your problem, but I would rather be a patriot who loves my country as opposed to someone who is not and loves illegal criminals and hates this country.
That is why I don't buy into your propaganda, I never once said "I love illegals and hate my country". So if you Moderator Cut: personal insult have to make up statement that are false, everything else you stand for I see as false too. Hate mongers are just what they are, hate mongers.

Last edited by madicarus2000; 03-05-2008 at 12:51 AM.. Reason: Personal insult

Old 03-03-2008, 12:32 PM

15,179 posts, read 15,809,199 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sassyone View Post
No I don't think you quite get it. I never said that illegal aliens were not a problem, I have a problem with racist mentality, let me put that in terms you might understand. I have a real dislike for "bullies".
Sassyone – I have a question for you: If you left a window in your house open, and someone entered through the open window –- you catch them, and tell them to leave, but they refuse –- you then call the police and also hire security to guard against future invasions. Would your actions constitute ‘hate-mongering’ or ‘bullying’ or would you be within your ‘rights’ as a homeowner to protect your property?

This is OUR country. The fact that our borders have not been secured, does not entitle foreigners to enter at will, and expect us to receive them with open arms. I am NOT a racist, and the VAST MAJORITY of those opposed to illegal immigration are NOT racists. I will not allow anyone to twist my patriotic motives into something vile to justify their pro-illegal stance.

If you choose to support illegal aliens, that is your prerogative. Likewise, it is my prerogative to oppose them. My opposition has nothing whatsoever to do with race or ethnicity; and no amount of false accusations will alter that, or diminish my resolve to fight this illegal invasion. The 'race card' has expired.

Old 03-03-2008, 01:12 PM

9,742 posts, read 9,059,856 times
Quote:
That is why I don't buy into your propaganda, I never once said "I love illegals and hate my country".
So then, why do you use the term "vigilante?" Ignorance of Minutemen activity or something else?
Quote:
So if you Moderator Cut: personal insult have to make up statement that are false,
Priceless. One who calls the Minutemen vigilantes has no room to cry about "false statements."
Quote:
everything else you stand for I see as false too.
How on earth can one's principles be false? That doesn't make any sense. You may disagree with one's principles, but that doesn't make them false. Especially the principle of sovereignty, which is and has been well accepted since the dawn of civilization. We might even say that sovereignty is one of those natural rights. Do you disagree with sovereignty, sassy?
Quote:
Hate mongers are just what they are, hate mongers.
Brilliant! You've discovered the identity axiom. Mathematicians are rejoicing.

Are you a hate monger, sassy? C'mon now, be honest.

Last edited by madicarus2000; 03-05-2008 at 12:52 AM.. Reason: edited referenced post

Old 03-03-2008, 03:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nvxplorer View Post
So then, why do you use the term "vigilante?" Ignorance of Minutemen activity or something else?

Priceless. One who calls the Minutemen vigilantes has no room to cry about "false statements." I know they were asked to leave the area I live in.

How on earth can one's principles be false? That doesn't make any sense. You may disagree with one's principles, but that doesn't make them false. Especially the principle of sovereignty, which is and has been well accepted since the dawn of civilization. We might even say that sovereignty is one of those natural rights. Do you disagree with sovereignty, sassy?

Brilliant! You've discovered the identity axiom. Mathematicians are rejoicing.

Are you a hate monger, sassy? C'mon now, be honest.
I do not hate any race, but I do hate racist mentalities, if that makes me a hate monger so be it.

Many of the minute men are known white supreminists.

Old 03-03-2008, 03:38 PM

2,065 posts, read 3,173,806 times
Quote:
Many of the minute men are known white supreminists.
Really?? There are thousands of Minutemen around the country. Define 'many'.

Would Raymond Herrera be a 'white supreminist'?

What about Ted Hayes?

Old 03-03-2008, 04:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
Sassyone – I have a question for you: If you left a window in your house open, and someone entered through the open window –- you catch them, and tell them to leave, but they refuse –- you then call the police and also hire security to guard against future invasions. Would your actions constitute ‘hate-mongering’ or ‘bullying’ or would you be within your ‘rights’ as a homeowner to protect your property? No it would not and neither would calling the border patrol on an Illegal be either. What you are missing is for one, I have never said we did not have a problem with illegal's. There are several water stations in the desert in Arizona for illegals crossing the desert, as hundreds have died crossing, and many of those stations have been tampered with, so the migrants have no water. I'm very sorry, but illegal or not...I have a problem with people of any race dying. I did not call you a racist, but there are racists on here that stick out like a sore thumb.

This is OUR country. The fact that our borders have not been secured, does not entitle foreigners to enter at will, and expect us to receive them with open arms. I am NOT a racist, and the VAST MAJORITY of those opposed to illegal immigration are NOT racists.
I will not allow anyone to twist my patriotic motives into something vile to justify their pro-illegal stance. You can be as patriotic as you wish, I'm patriotic to my country too, but that does not mean that these people
should be mistreated.
If you choose to support illegal aliens, that is your prerogative. I choose not to hate legals or illegals that is my stance.
Likewise, it is my prerogative to oppose them. My opposition has nothing whatsoever to do with race or ethnicity; and no amount of false accusations will alter that, or diminish my resolve to fight this illegal invasion. The 'race card' has expired.
Another point I have tried to make is that our goverment does not care, in which case they have allowed this to happen for their own agenda. If an Illegal immigrant is killed by an American patriot, that is murder and should be treated as such.

Old 03-03-2008, 04:25 PM

2,065 posts, read 3,173,806 times
Quote:
If an Illegal immigrant is killed by an American patriot, that is murder and should be treated as such.
Do you have an example of this happening?

Old 03-03-2008, 04:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuyPinestra View Post
Really?? There are thousands of Minutemen around the country. Define 'many'.

Would Raymond Herrera be a 'white supreminist'?

What about Ted Hayes?
Try this link regarding minutemen Patriots on the Borderline

Old 03-03-2008, 04:48 PM

4,800 posts, read 7,687,743 times
Quote:
Try this link regarding minutemen Patriots on the Borderline
Yeah, that's relevant. A five year old article put forth by the oh so benevolent and totally non-partisan Lost Angeles Slimes. The rag du jour of sanctuary city central.

There's some non-biased reporting for you....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or