U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Easter!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-03-2008, 06:29 PM

4,800 posts, read 7,690,528 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post
Guy; the pro illegal immigrant crowd sense they are losing the war of public opinion hence they becoming ever so more vocal.

BTW: memo to Sassyone; Kele is 1/8th Apache Indian, beware that throwing the 'race card' at her will backfire
Yeah, as my grandmother used to say...

"You an eighth-breed little girl!"
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-03-2008, 07:42 PM

1,818 posts, read 2,735,161 times
SPLCenter.org: Nazis, racists join Minuteman Project
Geraldo calls Minutemen 'vigilantes'

Guarding our borders

Old 03-03-2008, 07:54 PM

2,065 posts, read 3,174,996 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sassyone View Post
You'll have to do better than Morris Dees and Jerry Rivers, the shyster and the ethnic hustler...

Neither link provides any corroboration to your assertion that "many Minutemen are white supremacists".

Old 03-03-2008, 08:04 PM

[quote=GuyPinestra;3021880]You'll have to do better than Morris Dees and Jerry Rivers, the shyster and the ethnic hustler...

Neither link provides any corroboration to your assertion that "many Minutemen are white supremacists".[/quoteL]

LOL of course not, if it is not within your realm of thinking, you would rather dismiss it. LA Raza had a good article too, how about that one?

Old 03-03-2008, 08:35 PM

4,800 posts, read 7,690,528 times
Quote:
Oh good lord.

Old 03-03-2008, 08:51 PM

2,065 posts, read 3,174,996 times
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by GuyPinestra View Post
You'll have to do better than Morris Dees and Jerry Rivers, the shyster and the ethnic hustler...

Neither link provides any corroboration to your assertion that "many Minutemen are white supremacists".
LOL of course not, if it is not within your realm of thinking, you would rather dismiss it. LA Raza had a good article too, how about that one?
The SPLC article identified 2 members of The National Alliance out of 300 volunteers, or less than 1% of volunteers. Does that figure meet the criteria for 'many'?

Jerry Rivers calling people in lawn chairs with binoculars 'vigilantes' is hilarious. Almost as funny as when he opened 'Al Capone's Vault'. The man has all the credibility of Alf.

Old 03-03-2008, 08:59 PM

So I guess it would be safe to say, that we AGREE that the illegal immigration is a problem, but we don't agree on anything else to do with legal or illegal immigration.
That is the great thing about this country,everyone is entitled to their opinion and at least for now...we still have free speech.

Old 03-03-2008, 09:15 PM

15,179 posts, read 15,816,809 times
Sassyone - at first glace, I thought your response to my post was at the bottom, until I realized the majority of your response was interspersed within my ‘Quote’-- which gives the impression of being my comments. Then, you wrote additional comments ‘outside’ the quote section. (?)

I never said I ‘hate’ illegals –- I said I ‘oppose’ illegal immigration. There is a HUGE difference between ‘hatred’ of a specific group of people -- and ‘opposition’ to lawlessness. I also do not relish, nor condone, the mistreatment of anyone.

I am having difficulty comprehending your definition of “mistreatment.” How does opposition to illegal immigration equate to mistreatment of illegal aliens? I also oppose identity theft, document fraud, murder, rape, pedophilia, and other criminal behavior. Does opposition to these acts also constitute mistreatment of the perpetrators? Should we not enforce our laws?

Apparently, anyone who supports the enforcement of our immigration laws is ‘mistreating’ illegal aliens -- and is simply mean-spirited, racist, xenophobic, hate-mongers. Do you also castigate supporters of the enforcement of other U.S. laws?

Old 03-03-2008, 09:41 PM

No it would not and neither would calling the border patrol on an Illegal be either. What you are missing is for one, I have never said we did not have a problem with illegal's. There are several water stations in the desert in Arizona for illegals crossing the desert, as hundreds have died crossing, and many of those stations have been tampered with, so the migrants have no water. I'm very sorry, but illegal or not...I have a problem with people of any race dying. I did not call you a racist, but there are racists on here that stick out like a sore thumb.

This what I posted in part Benicar that got mixed in with your post. I never said you were racist, I said there are many racists on this forum. I have always said that I know we have a problem with Illegal Aliens. And no I don't have a problem with the Border Patrol, or the police or even them being deported. I have a problem with people that hate them and if they are mistreated. Did you read my last post?? There is never going to be an agreement between the ones that agree that there is a problem and those that agree there is a problem and also have a racial agenda period.

Old 03-04-2008, 08:49 AM

407 posts, read 714,994 times
There should be NO water stations out there. They know and knew of the dangers crossing into the desert, especially since they happen to live in the desert. Make it harder on the illegals and if more were to die then maybe, just and only maybe, others would think twice before entering our country illegally.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or