U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-12-2016, 10:01 AM
TKO

2,144 posts, read 2,800,620 times

Advertisements

Silly (I'm no proponent of the wall boondoggle), but devilishly ingenious.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-12-2016, 12:22 PM

1,316 posts, read 1,118,898 times
Heck, if Rome had built a wall to keep out the Vandals and Visigoths, the Roman empire never woulda collapsed....lol

Old 07-13-2016, 01:21 AM

8,401 posts, read 9,548,424 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeywrenching View Post
personally, I think that since we are on Mexico's northern border, that we the USA should mirror exactly Mexico's laws concerning illegal aliens that are in the USA and mirror their southern border too.

that way nobody can say we are being racist as we are doing nothing more than following our southern neighbor immigration laws.
True. They deport more than we do when illegals come in from South America across the Mexican border. I posted that on a thread here. They deport who they catch and refuse refugees by the bus loads trying to come to Mexico from South America. They claim they just don't have enough resources to let them in. Well, welcome to the club. Maybe they should think about a wall to the south.

The Mexican president has a lot of nerve complaining about Trump and the wall. They send back more than we do.

Old 07-13-2016, 08:06 AM

6,242 posts, read 2,166,496 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PoppySead View Post
True. They deport more than we do when illegals come in from South America across the Mexican border. I posted that on a thread here. They deport who they catch and refuse refugees by the bus loads trying to come to Mexico from South America. They claim they just don't have enough resources to let them in. Well, welcome to the club. Maybe they should think about a wall to the south.

The Mexican president has a lot of nerve complaining about Trump and the wall. They send back more than we do.
U.S. deports more than Mexico. Your stat just speaks to central americans other than Mexicans. And Mexico started this about five years ago when the US asked for their assistance in stopping central americans from crossing Mexico into the US.

Old 07-13-2016, 04:41 PM

41,854 posts, read 31,715,364 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnp292 View Post
If the imaginary wall ever did get built, I wouldn't be surprised if it said

TRUMP

In big gold letters every half mile.
Why not continuous, Trump, Trump, Trump?

The seasonal workers he legally imports to do the dirty work at his hotels/ golf courses/ wineries, instead of hiring US people, get it.

Old 07-13-2016, 08:42 PM

31,488 posts, read 14,565,596 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post

The seasonal workers he legally imports to do the dirty work at his hotels/ golf courses/ wineries, instead of hiring US people, get it.

You think that a rich guy like Trump actually hires manual laborers himself?

Old 07-14-2016, 07:19 AM

19,189 posts, read 14,062,995 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by florida.bob View Post
The GOP platform includes the "Wall", but no mention of Mexico paying for it..... so, that means you will pay for it, well, if the nut Trump actually gets elected.
$113 billion a year savings would just be the beginning as illegals are deported or self-deport when we start e-verifying and cutting them off the public assistance teat. The savings will more than cover the cost. Admission fee will also work to reimburse for the tax dollars spent.

Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post

LEGAL. That is all that matters. And, "dirty" work? Americans also do those jobs but can't afford to do them only seasonally. Seriously, do some googling regarding foreign seasonal workers!

We could change the laws to say we behead all trespassers and put that on the Mexican side of the wall. I would contribute to that! I am sick of it! It the laws were even stricter and enforced, we can stop it!

I am really sick of reading about the rapes of our children by these illegal aliens. Not sure why so many of them are pedophilies, a disproportional number for sure although in some parts of Mexico, I have read that the age of sexual consent is 12 years old. Do you really want their culture taking over in our country? https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ages_o..._North_America We need the Wall to keep them out! We are talking about the cost of our future and whether it is worth the investment.

Whatever it takes to get the job done!

Last edited by AnywhereElse; 07-14-2016 at 07:33 AM..

Old 07-14-2016, 07:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnywhereElse View Post
$113 billion a year savings would just be the beginning as illegals are deported or self-deport when we start e-verifying and cutting them off the public assistance teat. The savings will more than cover the cost. Admission fee will also work to reimburse for the tax dollars spent.

LEGAL. That is all that matters. And, "dirty" work? Americans also do those jobs but can't afford to do them only seasonally. Seriously, do some googling regarding foreign seasonal workers!

We could change the laws to say we behead all trespassers and put that on the Mexican side of the wall. I would contribute to that! I am sick of it! It the laws were even stricter and enforced, we can stop it!

I am really sick of reading about the rapes of our children by these illegal aliens. Not sure why so many of them are pedophilies, a disproportional number for sure although in some parts of Mexico, I have read that the age of sexual consent is 12 years old. Do you really want their culture taking over in our country? https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ages_o..._North_America We need the Wall to keep them out! We are talking about the cost of our future and whether it is worth the investment.

Whatever it takes to get the job done!
Where do you get 113 billion a year? They have been many non-partisan studies that show a modest net gain or loss. None will be completely accurate because in the end you are talking about non-documented people.

Old 07-14-2016, 08:17 AM

31,488 posts, read 14,565,596 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vacoder View Post
Where do you get 113 billion a year? They have been many non-partisan studies that show a modest net gain or loss. None will be completely accurate because in the end you are talking about non-documented people.

Illegal Immigration a $113 Billion a Year Drain on U.S. Taxpayers

I know you will try to claim that this is a biased source but note where their stats come from.

Old 07-14-2016, 08:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
Illegal Immigration a $113 Billion a Year Drain on U.S. Taxpayers

I know you will try to claim that this is a biased source but note where their stats come from.
I guess I am missing it. The only link to any report is a report on the same site as the article, i.e. FAIR. I see no footnotes to other research, or government agency studies. In fact in one paragraph it discounts taxes paid by immigrants stating they would have been paid anyway with legal residents. That is a big assumption. It is kind of like when people decry the number of jobs lost to Mexico due to Nafta. They assume that those jobs would have stayed in the US and not go to somewhere like China.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or