U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-14-2016, 10:33 AM

31,483 posts, read 14,565,596 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by vacoder View Post
I guess I am missing it. The only link to any report is a report on the same site as the article, i.e. FAIR. I see no footnotes to other research, or government agency studies. In fact in one paragraph it discounts taxes paid by immigrants stating they would have been paid anyway with legal residents. That is a big assumption. It is kind of like when people decry the number of jobs lost to Mexico due to Nafta. They assume that those jobs would have stayed in the US and not go to somewhere like China.

The Fiscal Burden of Illegal Immigration on United States Taxpayers (2013)

"We use data collected by the federal and state governments on school expenses, Limited English Proficiency enrollment, school meal programs, university enrollment, and other public assistance programs administered at the federal and state level"........

There is no assumption about taxes being paid by illegal aliens. Many Americans lost their jobs to illegal aliens or had their wages reduced so yes, those taxes would have been paid in larger amounts by citizens or legal immigrants. Many illegal aliens get paid cash and therefore don't have income taxes withheld. They get billions back via the Earned Income Credit. Both illegal immigration and outsourcing are depleting job opportunities for Americans.

Illegal aliens also send billions of their earnings back to their homelands which isn't spent in our economy. They give birth on our dime and then are entitled to welfare thru them. If they weren't here that would not have happened. I could go on but "if" you are a pro-illegal none of the facts will matter to you anyway.
Quick reply to this message

Old 07-14-2016, 10:38 AM

19,189 posts, read 14,062,995 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vacoder View Post
Where do you get 113 billion a year? They have been many non-partisan studies that show a modest net gain or loss. None will be completely accurate because in the end you are talking about non-documented people.
I was talking about illegal aliens, not non-documented people. As I have said here many times, anyone without documents can order those through their state office, I have done it and it is simple especially on the internet. One should not choose to be "documented" by stealing the identity of another: Illegal, but Not Undocumented | Center for Immigration Studies

Are you talking about illegal aliens, criminals that broke into our country? People that have anchor babies to live off the public assistance teat? Let's define who you are talking about.

My state and these figures are from 2010 and, they keep coming in for the freebies non-stop!

Study: Illegal Immigrants Cost Kansas Taxpayers $442 million - Watchdog.org and Kansas County Asks State to Reverse Illegal Alien-Friendly Policies

These illegal aliens are not an asset. The ones paying taxes in many cases have put a citizen out of work, I have seen it and lived it.

Sorry, But Illegal Aliens Cost The U.S. Plenty | Stock News & Stock Market Analysis - IBD

And, the bottom line is that they are criminals, and rewarding them just encourages more to invade OUR country. This is stealing from the taxpayers.

Just read yesterday that KS will be cutting programs for the elderly and disabled, yet no mention about decreasing Medicaid costs for illegal aliens and we pay for anchors from conception through birth and then pay to raise them. I wrote a LONG email and sent it in many directions.

Wall. Remove incentives. Interpret the 14th Amendment the way it was written. E-verify all jobs. Make all government agencies mandated reporters who will report suspected illegal aliens. Roll up the red carpet and bury it!

Old 07-21-2016, 10:52 AM

2,810 posts, read 2,805,108 times
I would gladly help pay for "The Wall" from my taxes. I already get taxed to death, I work for the Federal Government!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or