Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-29-2008, 11:54 AM

402 posts, read 1,015,984 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by nvxplorer View Post
For the last time, NO, IT'S NOT THAT SIMPLE!

Please take an introductory economics class before spewing fallacious claims.

Example. You and I each own a fast food restaurant. Our products are comparable. Everything else about the restaurants is equal. We each sell hamburgers for $2 apiece. Your employees demand and receive a 25% wage hike. Now, tell me what will happen when you raise the price of a hamburger to $2.50?
Well, I think that you want to go more into details then I want too. Of course it's not that simple. I didn't want to type a whole page about the point I was trying to make...okay let's move on

Old 02-29-2008, 11:59 AM

9,763 posts, read 10,523,473 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYLifes2shrt View Post
Suppy and demand is so general (and in general you are right)...of course they consider cost of doing business and competition and if cost of doing business goes up then so will the prices...I have sat with many C level execs...I have delt with Suppy Chain Management of large companies like Toyota, NEC America and etc. and they said that based on their line of business (don't want to get into detail here) to grow and earn revenue that manufacturing overseas helps them grow revenue and keep the prices down so that consumers will purchase the products. Competition to earn a profit /grow revenue on a yearly for these companies is "fierce". Almost ugly.
Please read your own words. COMPETITION TO EARN A PROFIT. COMPETITION TO GROW.

Next time you talk with these people, ask them if their employees ever receive wage increases. Then ask them if the price of their products goes up every time they give raises.

I'm done, as you apparently can't grasp the simple economic principle of price, supply and demand.

Old 02-29-2008, 12:07 PM

Quote:
Well, I think that you want to go more into details then I want too. Of course it's not that simple.
Of course it's not that simple? Of course?

Your words: I mean it's simple..in that if the cost of doing business goes up then it will go up for the consumer as well.
Quote:
I didn't want to type a whole page about the point I was trying to make...okay let's move on
Nice dodge.

Your "point" is fallacious. Typing a dissertation on a fallacious point doesn't lend it any credibility.

Old 02-29-2008, 12:38 PM

Quote:
Of course it's not that simple? Of course?

Your words: I mean it's simple..in that if the cost of doing business goes up then it will go up for the consumer as well.

Nice dodge.

Your "point" is fallacious. Typing a dissertation on a fallacious point doesn't lend it any credibility.
Okay, think whatever you want. You want to play smyantics over this and that...this will never end. I am not going to buy into your insults so that I make another point. I am ready to move on and I will.

Old 02-29-2008, 12:40 PM

1,999 posts, read 1,661,654 times
Shut off all water, electric and the roads to this town and it will soon wake up.
Jail the mayor and all leaders for being traitors and arrest anyone who speaks out against it. Time to stop the madness.

Old 02-29-2008, 12:59 PM

Quote:
Okay, think whatever you want. You want to play smyantics over this and that...this will never end. I am not going to buy into your insults so that I make another point. I am ready to move on and I will.
Another dodge.

I love it when people attribute their errors to semantics.

Showing your errors is not an insult. That you take it as such is revealing. Apparently, being wrong is insulting to you.

Here are some facts (not insults): Raising wages in competive industries WILL NOT automatically result in price increases. It WILL cut into profits, force companies to cut expenses in other areas, reduce supply, or in extreme cases, put companies out of business.

BTW, I don't "think whatever [ I ] want." My knowlege has been gained from study. Do yourself a favor and read about supply and demand.

Old 02-29-2008, 01:23 PM

Quote:
Another dodge.

I love it when people attribute their errors to semantics.

Showing your errors is not an insult. That you take it as such is revealing. Apparently, being wrong is insulting to you.

Here are some facts (not insults): Raising wages in competive industries WILL NOT automatically result in price increases. It WILL cut into profits, force companies to cut expenses in other areas, reduce supply, or in extreme cases, put companies out of business.

BTW, I don't "think whatever [ I ] want." My knowlege has been gained from study. Do yourself a favor and read about supply and demand.
I have another "fanatic" like you, but religion, on a seperate thread that I am ignoring. The most important thing for you is to prove someone wrong no matter what they say. I think pple like you have some type of resentment problem and/or "I have to be right" syndrome.

This is why in a bar I don't discuss religion, politics....there is just no win/win with some pple...I rather enjoy life. View/opinions are great and welcome, but at somepoint to belabor, over and over....just not fun for me. This is not an insult to you...I maybe entirely wrong, but this what I feel and think...

I am sure that others might be tired of "us" as I am of this conversation. I am moving on.

Old 02-29-2008, 01:32 PM

Quote:
I have another "fanatic" like you, but religion, on a seperate thread that I am ignoring. The most important thing for you is to prove someone wrong no matter what they say. I think pple like you have some type of resentment problem and/or "I have to be right" syndrome.

This is why in a bar I don't discuss religion, politics....there is just no win/win with some pple...I rather enjoy life. View/opinions are great and welcome, but at somepoint to belabor, over and over....just not fun for me. This is not an insult to you...I maybe entirely wrong, but this what I feel and think...

I am sure that others might be tired of "us" as I am of this conversation. I am moving on.
Economics isn't subject to what you feel and think. Stop feeling and thinking and start reading.

It's not a matter of me being right. I already know I'm right. It is you who can't admit error.

I point out errors to protect the integrity of the discussion and to prevent other people who may be ignorant of economics from accepting falsehoods, such as those that you have stated. Though you will probably not admit error nor educate yourself, others reading this may do so. It's for them, not you.

When one side is correct and the other in error, it's a win/lose situation. You can "feel and think" that being wrong results in a win/win, but again, you would be in error.

Take your "theory" to an economics professor, and when he corrects you, call him a fanatic. I'd pay to see the professor's reaction.

Last edited by nvxplorer; 02-29-2008 at 01:44 PM..

Old 02-29-2008, 01:49 PM

Quote:
Economics isn't subject to what you feel and think. Stop feeling and thinking and start reading.

It's not a matter of me being right. I already know I'm right. It is you who can't admit error.

I point out errors to protect the integrity of the discussion and to prevent other people who may be ignorant of economics from accepting falsehoods, such as those that you have stated. Though you will probably not admit error nor educate yourself, others reading this may do so. It's for them, not you.

When one side is correct and the other in error, it's a win/lose situation. You can "feel and think" that being wrong results in a win/win, but again, you would be in error.

Take your "theory" to an economics professor, and when he corrects you, call him a fanatic. I'd pay to see the professor's reaction.
Your doing it again....LOL!

Old 02-29-2008, 01:52 PM

Quote:
Your doing it again....LOL!
And you keep responding...LOL!

I guess you're doing it again, too! ...LOL!!!1111oneoneone

Have fun bathing in you're () sea of ignorance...LOL!!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration