U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 07-20-2016, 03:08 PM
 
Location: West Los Angeles
8,849 posts, read 8,981,782 times
Reputation: 9096

Advertisements

I don't understand this...

Why hasn't that self-proclaimed illegal alien who's made a documentary for MTV about how evil and "racist" the U.S. is, and who has been a guest on various Fox News shows, been apprehended? Can't somebody simply approach him and make a citizen's arrest and detain him until ICE arrives? Why can't self-professed "conservative" Fox News, who is allegedly "Look Out for You ®", do this? Is Fox a sanctuary television network? Are they looking out for the illegals as well? Anti-Trump Meggers had the MTV illegal on her show just a few days ago, and I'm thinking, "Again with this? Is that hair color oozing into your brain? Would you do your duty as an American, which trumps (no pun intended) your journalist duties and get that guy?"

What gives?

Yeah, I know the deal...this post is 100% rhetorical...but still...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 07-20-2016, 03:53 PM
 
5,971 posts, read 2,797,380 times
Reputation: 3922
Because Obama loves illegals, illegal cubans, third worlders, muslim "refugees", and the destruction of america
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-20-2016, 05:29 PM
 
31,634 posts, read 14,607,060 times
Reputation: 8430
Quote:
Originally Posted by Exitus Acta Probat View Post
I don't understand this...

Why hasn't that self-proclaimed illegal alien who's made a documentary for MTV about how evil and "racist" the U.S. is, and who has been a guest on various Fox News shows, been apprehended? Can't somebody simply approach him and make a citizen's arrest and detain him until ICE arrives? Why can't self-professed "conservative" Fox News, who is allegedly "Look Out for You ®", do this? Is Fox a sanctuary television network? Are they looking out for the illegals as well? Anti-Trump Meggers had the MTV illegal on her show just a few days ago, and I'm thinking, "Again with this? Is that hair color oozing into your brain? Would you do your duty as an American, which trumps (no pun intended) your journalist duties and get that guy?"

What gives?

Yeah, I know the deal...this post is 100% rhetorical...but still...
While I don't understand why Fox would put an illegal alien on their show it would do no good to call ICE because they have been instructed by Obama not to detain any illegal aliens unless they are "convicted"
criminals.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-20-2016, 07:36 PM
 
Location: West Los Angeles
8,849 posts, read 8,981,782 times
Reputation: 9096
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
While I don't understand why Fox would put an illegal alien on their show it would do no good to call ICE because they have been instructed by Obama not to detain any illegal aliens unless they are "convicted"
criminals.
But if I place somebody under a citizen's arrest, aren't law enforcement officers obligated to come and resolve the situation?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-21-2016, 06:23 AM
 
Location: Charleston, SC
2,812 posts, read 2,811,265 times
Reputation: 1948
ICE Tip Line: 1-866-347-2423
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-21-2016, 06:33 AM
 
Location: Upstate NY
30,487 posts, read 9,110,523 times
Reputation: 29056
Quote:
Originally Posted by Exitus Acta Probat View Post
I don't understand this...

Why hasn't that self-proclaimed illegal alien who's made a documentary for MTV about how evil and "racist" the U.S. is, and who has been a guest on various Fox News shows, been apprehended? Can't somebody simply approach him and make a citizen's arrest and detain him until ICE arrives? Why can't self-professed "conservative" Fox News, who is allegedly "Look Out for You ®", do this? Is Fox a sanctuary television network? Are they looking out for the illegals as well? Anti-Trump Meggers had the MTV illegal on her show just a few days ago, and I'm thinking, "Again with this? Is that hair color oozing into your brain? Would you do your duty as an American, which trumps (no pun intended) your journalist duties and get that guy?"

What gives?

Yeah, I know the deal...this post is 100% rhetorical...but still...

I don't know which one you're referring to, but so much for the Big Lie that illegal aliens are living in the shadows.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-21-2016, 07:14 AM
 
31,634 posts, read 14,607,060 times
Reputation: 8430
Quote:
Originally Posted by Exitus Acta Probat View Post
But if I place somebody under a citizen's arrest, aren't law enforcement officers obligated to come and resolve the situation?

They would probably turn it over to ICE since it's an immigration issue but unless the illegal has a criminal record they won't do anything either under Obama's current policies.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-21-2016, 07:36 AM
 
Location: Kansas
19,189 posts, read 14,087,122 times
Reputation: 18141
If I entered a country illegally and it was "evil and racist", I would cart my butt back to where I came from. I suppose the restrictions on some freebies was considered an issue.

Haven't seen this particular illegal alien, but do see many here all the time They should have no voice here.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-21-2016, 08:03 AM
 
Location: Murphy, North Carolina
2,061 posts, read 931,410 times
Reputation: 1689
Because the Democratic party has given up on caring about us. Only about votes.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-21-2016, 03:51 PM
 
Location: West Los Angeles
8,849 posts, read 8,981,782 times
Reputation: 9096
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnywhereElse View Post
If I entered a country illegally and it was "evil and racist", I would cart my butt back to where I came from. I suppose the restrictions on some freebies was considered an issue.

Haven't seen this particular illegal alien, but do see many here all the time They should have no voice here.
This is the guy:

MTV to Air

I've seen him on television innumerable times. And apparently nobody at any of the television studios he's been in can place him under citizen's arrest.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top