U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Easter!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-21-2016, 07:46 PM

19,189 posts, read 14,062,995 times

Advertisements

We all know what a drain on social services the illegal aliens, their illegal alien children and their anchor babies are on public assistance. If Hillary is elected and they get amnesty, it will be much worse. I guess once they qualify for the full array of services, we'll see what the work ethic is. I know they have lost jobs here and just fill the void with anchor babies.

Medicaid is once again cutting funding to the elderly and disabled. I learned today that my husband and myself, under their new plan, will have to financially cover the shortages caused by these cuts. Our son, age 29, functioning at the 40 month level was supposed to go into residential until we learned we would have to cover any expenses over the amount of his SSI of which they were taking 75% for rent and utilities. There was a 9 page lease that we had to sign and pay for a year whether he stayed in the program or not. We are getting ready to retire. Slim retirement too.

I now realize how much worse this will get for the elderly and the disabled if amnesty is granted. We already have most of the seniors moving out of their homes because they can't afford taxes and upkeep. In the past, most were able to move into alternative housing and cover the expenses but that is changing and families, already stretched to the limits, will be expected to help cover expenses of extended family. I was reading posts on another forum and people were caring for adult sisters and brothers and the state's said there was no funding for residential facilities for them.

So, I don't understand with our citizens in this shape, why we would add more people to a system that can't even support their own.

Our state is also looking at cutting education budget yet again. Anchor babies and illegal alien children cost 3 times as much to educate.

Got my Trump t-shirt, "Veterans for Trump" and will wear it carrying my stun gun! Americans first!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-21-2016, 08:38 PM

11,485 posts, read 5,507,878 times
Moderator cut: orphaned

There's no need to "round up" illegals. All that needs to be done is to make life so tough for them that they will leave on their own accord. First step---run everybody in the workforce through E-verify to weed out the 8 million no-match SSNs. Make E-verify the law of the land. Do something to put an end to the whole anchor baby/birth tourism fiasco. Secure the border, and, yes, build the 700 mile wall. If illegals can't find work or access any welfare programs (and they do access those programs once they birth an anchor baby), then they will leave on their own accord. Would you stay someplace if you couldn't find work or collect unemployment checks or other freebies?

Illegals are parasites who take far, far more than they give. Here's a link that explains it very well:

State Cost Studies | Federation for American Immigration Reform

That's money that needs to go to American citizens first and foremost. Anything that's left over goes to legal immigrants.

Last edited by Yac; 07-25-2016 at 05:26 AM..

Old 07-21-2016, 09:17 PM

31,471 posts, read 14,565,596 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BOS2IAD View Post
Nowhere in the OP was any of that said.^^^^

There's no need to "round up" illegals. All that needs to be done is to make life so tough for them that they will leave on their own accord. First step---run everybody in the workforce through E-verify to weed out the 8 million no-match SSNs. Make E-verify the law of the land. Do something to put an end to the whole anchor baby/birth tourism fiasco. Secure the border, and, yes, build the 700 mile wall. If illegals can't find work or access any welfare programs (and they do access those programs once they birth an anchor baby), then they will leave on their own accord. Would you stay someplace if you couldn't find work or collect unemployment checks or other freebies?

Illegals are parasites who take far, far more than they give. Here's a link that explains it very well:

State Cost Studies | Federation for American Immigration Reform

That's money that needs to go to American citizens first and foremost. Anything that's left over goes to legal immigrants.

Excellent post and I would only reiterate that allowing illegals to remain here and continue to come here would be much more costly than deporting them voluntarily or involuntarily. They cost us $113 billion a year and the loss of jobs and reduced wages have been devastating to our American blue-collared workforce.

Old 07-21-2016, 09:32 PM

8,124 posts, read 5,697,149 times
Romney was right about one thing - make them self-deport.

Old 07-22-2016, 06:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by War Beagle View Post
Romney was right about one thing - make them self-deport.
Removing the incentives and building the Wall. I was told years ago that the illegal aliens were allowed to be on the waiting list for services for people with developmental disabilities (KS has almost 4,000 citizens waiting) and could move forward once they are given amnesty further delaying needed services for citizens.

I don't see why the states that are struggling don't get it, we cannot afford to carry these illegal aliens. The GOP is just as guilty as the Democrats. My state has nearly all Republican politicians in power and they won't even answer an email about illegal aliens. Only one has come out almost supporting Trump.

As I said, I read several posts from different places across the country and extended family were being required to take in relatives, disabled, some developmentally and other with mental health issues, some severe. Mental health is another area that keeps getting cut and we know how that is impacting the country.

Old 07-22-2016, 06:16 AM

30,402 posts, read 9,086,867 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EDnurse View Post
So, you think Trump is going to round up and deport 11 million illegals AND send YOU a bigger government check. Dear, you'd better not retire.

What a fool.

As Martha Stewart might say, Reading comprehension is a good thing.

The entry, illegally or legally, into this country of people who cannot or will not produce, has had and will continue to have, a deleterious effect on Americans. We cannot afford to import another dependent class.

You're simply refusing to acknowledge it.

Old 07-22-2016, 06:53 AM

The costs in my state for illegal aliens: Cost of Illegal Immigration in Kansas $42 million in Medicaid benefits alone. Illegal aliens get maternity care from conception through birth and then the anchor gets the full array of benefits including Section 8 housing for the "family".

If amnesty is granted, the illegal alien workers will have low enough incomes to qualify for public assistance benefits, at least some of them. Our state did not expand Medicaid, they could not afford to. $74.5 million in a budget shortfall this year. Gee, doing the math, $74.5 million shortfall and cost of illegal aliens $422 million, ah, maybe it is just me and "old" math, but I can see how we can meet the shortfall.

Although in our state, they see Brownback as the problem, the illegal alien friendly Sebelius caused problems that we are still trying to work out. She wanted the state to be a Cadillac with people here on Yugo salaries and, of course, like any Democrat, grow her voter base by embracing illegal activity.

Medicaid wants people that need assistance, the elderly and disabled, to depend on unpaid supports like friends, relatives and neighbors. They call this "capable" person. I say, let's go with "capable" country for those that are here illegally and, as we can see from the figures, our huge debt, we are not "capable" of caring for anyone else when we cannot care for our own citizens. It does remind me of Obama saying that if veterans were patriotic they could pay for their own healthcare, even when it was service related, yet there is pregnant illegal momma for the 6th time and she is getting free care with a smile - wouldn't want to offend her!

Old 07-22-2016, 09:27 AM

1,166 posts, read 503,928 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnywhereElse View Post
We all know what a drain on social services the illegal aliens, their illegal alien children and their anchor babies are on public assistance. If Hillary is elected and they get amnesty, it will be much worse. I guess once they qualify for the full array of services, we'll see what the work ethic is. I know they have lost jobs here and just fill the void with anchor babies.

Medicaid is once again cutting funding to the elderly and disabled. I learned today that my husband and myself, under their new plan, will have to financially cover the shortages caused by these cuts. Our son, age 29, functioning at the 40 month level was supposed to go into residential until we learned we would have to cover any expenses over the amount of his SSI of which they were taking 75% for rent and utilities. There was a 9 page lease that we had to sign and pay for a year whether he stayed in the program or not. We are getting ready to retire. Slim retirement too.

I now realize how much worse this will get for the elderly and the disabled if amnesty is granted. We already have most of the seniors moving out of their homes because they can't afford taxes and upkeep. In the past, most were able to move into alternative housing and cover the expenses but that is changing and families, already stretched to the limits, will be expected to help cover expenses of extended family. I was reading posts on another forum and people were caring for adult sisters and brothers and the state's said there was no funding for residential facilities for them.

So, I don't understand with our citizens in this shape, why we would add more people to a system that can't even support their own.

Our state is also looking at cutting education budget yet again. Anchor babies and illegal alien children cost 3 times as much to educate.

Got my Trump t-shirt, "Veterans for Trump" and will wear it carrying my stun gun! Americans first!

LOL, so you support Trump so that you and your family can get more freebies from the government. Is this what passes for conservatism these days?

Old 07-22-2016, 10:53 AM

11,485 posts, read 5,507,878 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phxone View Post
LOL, so you support Trump so that you and your family can get more freebies from the government. Is this what passes for conservatism these days?
^^^^I don't know how you got that from reading through this thread

You missed the point entirely. The point is this --- why are illegal aliens, who have no business being here, allowed to tap into any government programs? And, yes, they do tap into those programs when they birth an anchor baby. Meanwhile, we have Americans who are suffering and need a hand up---not a hand out and there isn't enough money to do that. Read my first post in this thread and click on the link that explains just how much illegals are costing this country.

Old 07-22-2016, 11:14 AM

4,515 posts, read 1,940,056 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phxone View Post
How is it a freebie? As a veteran who's about to retire, she has paid taxes into Medicaid/disability. Illegal aliens who work under the table do not.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or