U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 02-21-2008, 02:07 AM
 
418 posts, read 265,202 times
Reputation: 37

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pisces32724 View Post
It Is A Shame That The Only Thing That Come To Your Heads Is That A Hispanic (latino) Is Mexican And That The Only Thing That Can Come From Us Are Bad Things. People In Usa Are Bless For Having Such A Beautiful Country And Don't Take Care Of What You Have So Here We Come Hispanics With Education And The Desire Of Success To Help You Keeping What You Don't Know How To Keep, (your Country). This Land Was Made And Will Be Always Represented By The Inmigrants. Maybe You Forgot That. And Stop The Stereotypes Educate Yourself About The Thruth Behind The Latino Culture. And Like It Or Not We Are Here To Stay.
Well, you're right. Don't tell him Latino culture exists though, because it doesn't. All you'll do is egg him on. Latin American immigrants are here to stay. And dissolve as well. Latino people and culture never existed. Idiots like the hate-promoting guy on here might think otherwise for what ever reasons he could create. An immigrants will too because it makes them feel special to be apart of a group, even though it goes against the whole way of life in Latin American which solely depends on the pride of individualism.

I do believe this country has potential, but I wouldn't tell people that this country is ''beautiful.'' Not anymore at least. I'd say we're okay. We use to be beautiful, but I view things internationally. Other countries are just better. Latin American immigrants can't go no where else, because no other countries want uneducated immigrants with low currencies, small bank accounts and high fertility rates. It's that simple. And for the already middle and upper-middle class of Latin America, why would they leave? Life isn't bad there.

As opposed to what some imbeciles think on here, it's far from the third world in places like Mexico City or Caracas. At this point, I wouldn't say neither Latin American immigrants are privileged to be here, nor the government should be to have them. It's a business deal. We're grooming the trash of Latin America as our own. Just the same way how a good pitching coach could help out a pitcher who did horrible with another team. Kind of like how Rick Peterson did with Mets pitcher Oliver Perez.

Those immigrants will assimilate and add to the populace of this country. I know for a fact that all of what I've said on this board is true. It's more than sensible and believable. Everyone else like him says there is going to be street battles and Aztlan revolts, which I say that these immigrants will basically become the additional mainstream surplus to our population. Do people ever have the energy to revolt? lol Do people even have the time? Do people even know each other or socially connect enough to know what each other is thinking? No. So as opposed to their radical beliefs in their little world, we're all individuals who live to make money and go through the motions. Immigrant or American, that's just how it is and the current trend we see now will only continue.

 
Old 02-21-2008, 02:10 AM
 
418 posts, read 265,202 times
Reputation: 37
Quote:
Originally Posted by Senator Palpatein View Post
You're simple minded. Do you understand "cause and effect"?

So I guess all those black folk getting gun downed isn't really happening now is it?
Enlighten me. Show me. I'm not talking about three black guys getting attacked by illegal immigrants because they attacked them previously because they knew they couldn't call the cops. I'd love for you to literally walk me through the streets of where this is happening. I'm a Sociology major, so I'm sure it'd be valuable to my experience in the field of work I choose to do.

Honestly, I don't believe a word of what you say. However, I believe that quote of drowning could be allegorically implied to what our government has done to blacks. Wouldn't you agree?
 
Old 02-21-2008, 02:12 AM
 
418 posts, read 265,202 times
Reputation: 37
Quote:
Originally Posted by GuyPinestra View Post
Running street battles are happening all the time in LA and other large urban centers, video of civil unrest can be seen on YouTube without even looking for it. If you look at the effect illegal immigration has had and is having on this nation, you can legitimately see the slow-motion collapse as it happens. Schools, hospitals and jails are ALL groaning under the weight of 40 million illegals, and 90% of those illegals are indeed Hispanic/Latino.

That's not 'fear-mongering', that's a rational assessment of what's happening.
I'd still say it's an exaggeration. It all depends on what state, city and segment of a segment of a city we're talking about. 40 million illegals? Isn't the number ranging from 12-15? And indeed ''Hispanic/Latino'' doesn't exist in the international community, so why do you? Because your incompetent and corrupt government tells you? Don't believe all those statistics either, because guess where they're coming from too.
 
Old 02-21-2008, 02:16 AM
 
418 posts, read 265,202 times
Reputation: 37
Quote:
Originally Posted by blacknight04 View Post
How are the jails suffering or "groaning under the weight" when according to the BJS, 6.4 percent of all state and federal inmates at midyear 2005 were "noncitizens." ?

Illegal immigrants are hardly the source of our education or school problems, same applies to the hospitals.
Well said. It's a national problem. It's easy to blame blacks, illegal immigrants or our president for this. It's almost as irrational as blaming ''the man'' or ''the Jews.'' I'll tell it straight out how it is. The reason why our hospitals suck is because people don't have good jobs during a tough time. Those jobs don't give good medical, so losers flood up the hospitals. Those losers shouldn't have had kids, but they did. The reason why our education is falling behind others is because we're lazy and don't care much. Enough of us want to make money, but not enough people got that ''fire in their stomach'' anymore.
 
Old 02-21-2008, 02:23 AM
 
418 posts, read 265,202 times
Reputation: 37
Quote:
Originally Posted by SimpleMan View Post
A word of advise; If you're going to tell people to educate themselves, perhaps you should first learn proper grammer and stop capitalizing every word in a sentence.

And as far as your "we're here to stay" comment, that's fine, as long as said Latinos assimilate and want to be Americans. If there ever comes a time where this country is under attack by people trying to turn it into Mexico, Americans like me will take up arms and fight to the death before we ever let that happen, so I hope your comment wasn't to imply that Mexico is taking over, "like it or not".
Personally, I don't care if he capitalizes the letters in his sentences. It'd seem annoying to do for myself, but he made some good points.

What makes you think they don't assimilate though? Because a few rural people live under trees or something? You know this isn't true. Most people of Latin American descent or immigrants are working just like all of us. Their children all go to school and get the same jobs. You're picking out the few odd balls and using them as icon for Mexican immigrants as a whole. You're lacking integrity in your argument.

And don't worry, America will never be ''under attack.'' And if they are, do you honestly believe it'd be by a bunch of blue-collared immigrants who'd probably wouldn't even have the time to get off from work nonetheless the energy? lol You could fight all you want. If anything ever were to occur, I'd just sit back and watch lol Or be wise and say to myself - I'm a human-being before I'm an American, so Australia, Italy or Canada - here I come. That ''like it or not'' thing didn't mean that. He basically meant that these immigrants are coming and will have children. They'll become the next Americans whether you like it or not. He meant that physically and surname. I doubt he meant that Mexico was ''taking over'' or that Latin Americans future children and/or grandchildren would have the ability to speak Spanish.
 
Old 02-21-2008, 02:27 AM
 
418 posts, read 265,202 times
Reputation: 37
Quote:
Originally Posted by xino View Post
America will turn into a hole. But Whites will be expected not to say anything, and to "live" with it being a hole. There goes the U.S. down the toilet.
Ok, Mr. Pro-Whitey - are you related to David Duke or is your cover voting Republican? lol I agree that America will decline, but for different reasoning. Our country is losing it's economic base. The little man has little to do with that. Millionaires making crappy decisions are much more indicative. Blame wall-street and Bush's Iraq war for that. Not immigrants, blacks, Jews, Gays or who ever else you could magically come up with.

I've noticed in all your messages so far that they are short and last like 2 or 3 sentences. Why don't you go into detail about this? And why are you so ethnocentric in your argument? It'd be impossible to argue with someone who has no problem with coming off as a bigot - because little good could come out of any argument we might have.
 
Old 02-21-2008, 02:34 AM
 
418 posts, read 265,202 times
Reputation: 37
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post
If the Hispanics/Latinos are legal that is one thing----------an illegal immigrant of any race/ethnicity is just that--------a lawbreaker and will be dealt with accordingly.

Look at the multiplying laws punishing employers, etc. for knowingly hiring illegals.
Did you support Mitt Romney? lol Listen, legal immigrants are good - but just something this country should limit. With all the problems we got right now, we don't need more baggage - good or bad. I think it's fair to say that we should focus on what's on our plate. Don't all of you realize that the media play up of illegal immigration actually overshadows that though? It doesn't even leave you time of day to question legal immigration. Illegal immigration isn't doing much to the consensus of America.

They're not anywhere near the majority of immigrants or Mexican immigrants. The group they really hurt more than anyone else is inner-city blacks which is why tensions are high. The government doesn't mind screwing them over though. Instead of those inner-city blacks either progressing like all of the rest of America and those immigrants and their children do, they'd rather sit in their holes and watch the marathon. And occasionally blame the immigrants.

It'd be more plausible to blame the government, but they're at blame for themselves. Besides that, they might be stealing some 18 year old suburban European-American college student bus-boy's job, but personally as a 19 year old suburban European-American community college student kid - I wouldn't take it that personal giving it up to a guy with a possible wife and kids. I got higher standards (and would wait) than that anyway which is why I work part-time in a retail store.
 
Old 02-21-2008, 02:39 AM
 
418 posts, read 265,202 times
Reputation: 37
Quote:
Originally Posted by NooYowkur81 View Post
It's interesting that this thread is now going into several pages, yet no one has mentioned any possible positives of having a mostly Hispanic population. There is indeed a lot of fear mongering. Not every Hispanic person is Mexican, illegal, uneducated, and a criminal. This thread is going nowhere.
True. I say ''Hispanics'' don't exist period though. If they do, it's as a temporary circumstance kind of like an interim manager. Once they become fully assimilate and about a quarter of our population approximately 42 years from now, the term will literally not exist anymore. It will no longer be on Censues, Job Applications, College Applications or anything. Personally, I don't know if that'd be saying something ''positive'', but I'd rather say neutral and realistic.

You're going to get extreme weirdos like the guys I called Mr. Pro-Whitey and Mr. Naive who believe groups like Aztlan are as powerful as the Democrat or Republican party, but who really are they anyway?

Immigrants are human beings though. Most aren't illegal or criminals. They want a decent life like any one of us Americans does. And that's exactly what most are getting. I don't see why this is so difficult to believe. If I'm saying this after the extreme distaste I've shown towards our government, media and national social structure - than it shouldn't be all that hard for all of you to believe. With all due respect to the naive guy, if he really thinks people are running away from mommy and daddy and dropping out like in six grade - than I think we should ask him to either throw some sources behind his info or just not read him.
 
Old 02-21-2008, 02:45 AM
 
418 posts, read 265,202 times
Reputation: 37
Quote:
Originally Posted by Senator Palpatein View Post
If you want to know what's going to happen you simply need look to majority illegal alien areas and there are many. Those are NOT places you want to live with. They're deep in gang-culture. Most kids don't graduate school let alone go to college. They have little or no education and most have no future prospects other than dealing dope and joining gangs. Do a Youtube search an Internet search on their gangs - it's very disturbing.

Actually the prison stats show that about 23% of the inmate population is foreign - illegal alien. Many emergency clinics have to shut down and many hospitals are going bankrupt because they can't turn these people away but cannot continue to give free or almost free medical care.
Once again, you're blowing things out of proportion. Your skewed view would not allow you to deplete your own ethnocentrism which heavily is intertwined with your lack of integrity and merit in any argument you've attempted to pose.

Where are your sources? Gang culture? What specific places are predominantly illegal? Are there even statistics for illegals? And how could you be admitted into a hospital without some sort of identity? And if it were an emergency, wouldn't they nurses be required to report them? And wouldn't that bring the cops and bring a possible deportation?

A lot of those illegals would rather choose to just allow their injuries to go unattended to. You're curving these stories to fit your interests. You're trying to use these in your arguments so people magically hate Latin American immigrants. You're not just coming off irrationally, but also as a bigot. People just don't want to hear any of that. Especially if you can't back yourself up with sources. It's really not that hard.
 
Old 02-21-2008, 02:49 AM
 
418 posts, read 265,202 times
Reputation: 37
Quote:
Originally Posted by Senator Palpatein View Post
ProLogic,

Please explain to me how the vast majority of these kids who can't speak English or refuse to who have little or no education and no career prospects and who will be the majority demographic of this nation ... HOW IS THIS A GOOD THING?
What is your source behind believing that they are currently or would be the majority demographic of this nation? What makes you believe this country would be majority of what you're describing too? You got no sources. And the only source you did prove was skewed, unreputable and remotely prejudice.

Most immigrants speak English. I work in a heavily immigrated area. Yes, not all speak it perfect - but most know it well. I know it's different in New Jersey, but California is equally as expensive, liberal and overwhelmingly demanding of assimilation.

Those immigrants do work hard and will continue to. The fact that you don't believe their children will live as American as yours (if you have any - which from how you sound I hope you don't) is crazy. They've already done it and will continue to. That's life whether you like it or not.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top