U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 02-25-2008, 08:56 PM
 
Location: Popeyes
762 posts, read 1,465,374 times
Reputation: 164

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stevedawg View Post
I tend to disagree. I think we actually are under somewhat of an invasion currently. I say this because more 50% of mexican population believe that the southwest US and California are rightfully Mexico's.
So what if they think it is theres, its not

 
Old 02-25-2008, 08:59 PM
 
Location: Helena, Montana
2,010 posts, read 2,042,156 times
Reputation: 780
Quote:
Originally Posted by 414Milwaukee View Post
So what if they think it is theres, its not
Because they are taking action to reclaim it. Look up 'reconquista" and "aztlan", you'll see what's really going on.
 
Old 02-25-2008, 09:09 PM
 
Location: Arizona
2,065 posts, read 3,173,806 times
Reputation: 391
Quote:
Originally Posted by SimpleMan View Post
Because they are taking action to reclaim it. Look up 'reconquista" and "aztlan", you'll see what's really going on.
Don't confuse him with FACTS, his head might explode!!!
 
Old 02-25-2008, 09:31 PM
 
Location: California
3,432 posts, read 2,157,153 times
Reputation: 138
Quote:
Originally Posted by SimpleMan View Post
Because they are taking action to reclaim it. Look up 'reconquista" and "aztlan", you'll see what's really going on.

Who is they? Mexicans?
 
Old 02-25-2008, 09:50 PM
 
Location: Helena, Montana
2,010 posts, read 2,042,156 times
Reputation: 780
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProLogic View Post
Who is they? Mexicans?
Let's be intelligent and take a look at the context:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stevedawg
I tend to disagree. I think we actually are under somewhat of an invasion currently. I say this because more 50% of mexican population believe that the southwest US and California are rightfully Mexico's.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 414Milwaukee
So what if they think it is theres, its not
That would be the "they" I'm referring to. Try reading PL.
 
Old 02-25-2008, 09:56 PM
 
Location: California
3,432 posts, read 2,157,153 times
Reputation: 138
Quote:
Originally Posted by SimpleMan View Post
Let's be intelligent and take a look at the context:






That would be the "they" I'm referring to. Try reading PL.
You cannot bring yourself to say it, 50% of Mexicans believe that Mexico belonged to the U.S? What a bogus statement. Where the hells the source on this?
 
Old 02-25-2008, 09:59 PM
 
Location: Arizona
2,065 posts, read 3,173,806 times
Reputation: 391
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProLogic View Post
You cannot bring yourself to say it, 50% of Mexicans believe that Mexico belonged to the U.S? What a bogus statement. Where the hells the source on this?
you got it backwards, Pro. Over 50% of the Mexican population believe the the SW United States rightfully belongs to Mexico. Even the Pew Hispanic Center has published those figures.
 
Old 02-25-2008, 10:00 PM
 
Location: Helena, Montana
2,010 posts, read 2,042,156 times
Reputation: 780
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProLogic View Post
You cannot bring yourself to say it, 50% of Mexicans believe that Mexico belonged to the U.S? What a bogus statement. Where the hells the source on this?
Originally Posted by Stevedawg
I tend to disagree. I think we actually are under somewhat of an invasion currently. I say this because more 50% of mexican population believe that the southwest US and California are rightfully Mexico's.



I'M NOT THE ONE WHO MADE THE CLAIM! Really PL, do you pay attention before you post?
 
Old 02-25-2008, 10:01 PM
 
418 posts, read 264,581 times
Reputation: 37
Quote:
Originally Posted by SimpleMan View Post
Guess what genuis? I lived in Minnesota and spent a lot of time in Wisconsin, and you have no idea what the hell you're talking about. I wouldn't be surprised if you've never even seen an illegal. And it is my opinion that America IS under attack, and that the government is doing nothing to stop it. MANY people feel the same way, did you ever stop to think that there might be a reason for this?
You're going to a complete extreme though. You'd saying ''we're under attack'', yet if you walked outside of your house and observed teenagers and people in 20's for yourself - you'd do nothing more than give yourself a good laugh. The fact of them illegally immigrating here is both promoted by our government and the Mexican government. Our government wants them. Their trash is our excess future middle class. The real attack is the American government neglecting their own citizens - primarily inner-city African-Americans. It can't get more simple than that.

Why do you say we're ''under attack'' though? I respect your opinion, but it's somewhat confusing. Do you mean that allegorically or literally? Wouldn't both sides have to be aware? To them, it's nothing more than driving without insurance - which is more common than we think. Surely enough, that'd probably anger all of us if we ever got in an acctident (my brother got in a car acctident with a van driven by a pastor and owned by a church that has no insurance so go figure) - but we wouldn't deem that an ''attack.'' To them, this is an economical move that's worth the risk. They know the American government wouldn't deport them (unless they had criminal records and were detected - and still might not be), so is there really any way to be considered ''illegal'' in this country?

Illegal immigration is a problem - and especially for inner-city African-Americans and blue-collared people in the southwest, but we're not under attack. It will have it's economic damages for the day, but for the long run - our government wants it (although they shouldn't want an excess population). I appreciate that you are blaming the right source for this (our government), but I'm not sure if you exactly know why they want them so bad. You're taking an extreme view of this and not putting things into perspective. It'd be like me thinking every grandmother in Mexico hates Jews because of that story I told in one of my previous posts. I know that isn't true for most though.
 
Old 02-25-2008, 10:02 PM
 
Location: California
3,432 posts, read 2,157,153 times
Reputation: 138
Quote:
Originally Posted by SimpleMan View Post
Originally Posted by Stevedawg
I tend to disagree. I think we actually are under somewhat of an invasion currently. I say this because more 50% of mexican population believe that the southwest US and California are rightfully Mexico's.



I'M NOT THE ONE WHO MADE THE CLAIM! Really PL, do you pay attention before you post?

I never said you made that claim.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top