U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Closed Thread Start New Thread
 
Old 02-26-2008, 03:05 PM
 
Location: Arizona
2,065 posts, read 3,188,190 times
Reputation: 391

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProLogic View Post
Personally attacking someone because of their age huh? And I have half a brain
Actually PL, I don't think he was attacking you, what he said was
Quote:
By the way having half a brain and being aware of your surroundings is not paranoia...
It looks to me as if he was addressing himself as not paranoid.

As far as your age is concerned, you did say that you were a minor, therefore assuming you are still in high school is probably correct. You have a better command of the language than the average middleschooler.

 
Old 02-26-2008, 03:12 PM
 
Location: Helena, Montana
2,010 posts, read 2,054,959 times
Reputation: 780
Well nyc0127, I'm done trying to reason with the unreasonable. PL argeeing with you means nothing, he agrees with anyone on the pro-illegal side and has no ideas of his own. Tell you what, I'll create another thread with a poll about my "theory" to see how many agree with you and how many agree with me. By the way, read back through your novel response and see how many times you contadicted yourself and ignored my preceding post by assuming incorrect things that I spelled out for you. Perhaps an English comprehension course is needed for you. I really could care less what you think of me, especially if you honestly believe anyone takes your posts seriously.
 
Old 02-26-2008, 06:02 PM
 
418 posts, read 268,126 times
Reputation: 37
''Well nyc0127, I'm done trying to reason with the unreasonable.''

Okay, I'm sorry that had to come from someone who believes nineteen year olds in malls are interested in annexing part of our country. I mean you sound so reasonable. It's not as if many educated people are really giving your theories any mind.

''PL argeeing with you means nothing, he agrees with anyone on the pro-illegal side and has no ideas of his own. ''

Okay, you're confusing me in that statement. It's as if you're going back and forth from second and third person. If you're insinuating that I agree with anyone that is ''pro-illegal'', you're wrong. I'm against illegal immigrants and would actually prefer that illegal immigrants be deported - but I know that just isn't feasible. and I'm well aware that our government doesn't want that. I'm open to listening to your ideas, but you just aren't very convincing. Unless you can back it up, it's probably not worth spreading your view. Those who already agree with you aren't being informed with anything they don't know.

''Tell you what, I'll create another thread with a poll about my "theory" to see how many agree with you and how many agree with me.''

You go do that. Personally, would it matter? Look at it this way. Those who have such crazy ideas are going to be the ones coming to your threads. People that are more sensible about the whole issue of illegal immigration aren't the ones speaking. They don't have to. I'm not supporting illegal immigration - but I believe in no way that any part of our country would be annexed or attempted to be annexed to Mexico. They wouldn't because our government is powerful and their is no common idea or political motivation. ''Hispanics'' don't exist and those who aren't from Mexico would have as little involvement as someone from Asia. You apparently are too overwhelmed with the bull term ''Hispanic'', so it doesn't shock me that you can't see this clearly.

People who are sensible like myself usually don't have the patience for someone like yourself. Isn't it actually somewhat refreshing to see someone on here who doesn't appear to be the typical unintellectual anti-illegal windbag who speaks from his ass? The issue we're discussing is illegal immigration. People who believe that things will fall into place through ''jus soli'' don't come on here, because they don't need to. The people who do right on here are people who hate illegal immigrants with a passion. So of course it's going to be skewed in your direction. Instead of doing this on City Data though, you'd be better off rounding up a bunch of rednecks in the mid-west. Because it's not like you'd be talking to a whole lot different people.

''Perhaps an English comprehension course is needed for you.''

That's a pretty weak defense. Try harder. I haven't contradicted myself. I have questioned you, although you haven't always chosen to answer. I didn't assume where you lived - although I was referring to Minnesota because someone mentioned it. Obviously, I understand that might not be true though - which I noted. I do comprehend that someone who lives in suburban Philadelphia like myself is going to see it differently than a Californian. Even if illegal immigration isn't as accelerated here as it is out there, it still exists.

''I really could care less what you think of me, especially if you honestly believe anyone takes your posts seriously.''

What makes you think I care about what you think of me? My posts are just fine - and although yours are creative, they lack sensibility or sources. The only people who take you seriously are European-American losers and/or rednecks who can't think for themselves. Is there any way for me to say it clearer than that? Maybe you should go speak to educated people about this issue. You know - like in a liberal place in California or New Jersey. See how seriously they take you. People don't have the patience for irrational thinkers like you. However, in the science fiction or world of comedy - you might have a shot. To show contrast to immigration, they made a movie about all ''Hispanics'' suddenly seizing existence in California - too bad you didn't get to it first.
 
Old 02-26-2008, 06:19 PM
 
Location: Helena, Montana
2,010 posts, read 2,054,959 times
Reputation: 780
Quote:
Originally Posted by nyc0127 View Post
''Well nyc0127, I'm done trying to reason with the unreasonable.''

Okay, I'm sorry that had to come from someone who believes nineteen year olds in malls are interested in annexing part of our country. I mean you sound so reasonable. It's not as if many educated people are really giving your theories any mind.

''PL argeeing with you means nothing, he agrees with anyone on the pro-illegal side and has no ideas of his own. ''

Okay, you're confusing me in that statement. It's as if you're going back and forth from second and third person. If you're insinuating that I agree with anyone that is ''pro-illegal'', you're wrong. I'm against illegal immigrants and would actually prefer that illegal immigrants be deported - but I know that just isn't feasible. and I'm well aware that our government doesn't want that. I'm open to listening to your ideas, but you just aren't very convincing. Unless you can back it up, it's probably not worth spreading your view. Those who already agree with you aren't being informed with anything they don't know.

''Tell you what, I'll create another thread with a poll about my "theory" to see how many agree with you and how many agree with me.''

You go do that. Personally, would it matter? Look at it this way. Those who have such crazy ideas are going to be the ones coming to your threads. People that are more sensible about the whole issue of illegal immigration aren't the ones speaking. They don't have to. I'm not supporting illegal immigration - but I believe in no way that any part of our country would be annexed or attempted to be annexed to Mexico. They wouldn't because our government is powerful and their is no common idea or political motivation. ''Hispanics'' don't exist and those who aren't from Mexico would have as little involvement as someone from Asia. You apparently are too overwhelmed with the bull term ''Hispanic'', so it doesn't shock me that you can't see this clearly.

People who are sensible like myself usually don't have the patience for someone like yourself. Isn't it actually somewhat refreshing to see someone on here who doesn't appear to be the typical unintellectual anti-illegal windbag who speaks from his ass? The issue we're discussing is illegal immigration. People who believe that things will fall into place through ''jus soli'' don't come on here, because they don't need to. The people who do right on here are people who hate illegal immigrants with a passion. So of course it's going to be skewed in your direction. Instead of doing this on City Data though, Isn't it actually somewhat refreshing to see someone on here who doesn't appear to be the typical unintellectual anti-illegal windbag who speaks from his ass?
''Perhaps an English comprehension course is needed for you.''

That's a pretty weak defense. Try harder. I haven't contradicted myself. I have questioned you, although you haven't always chosen to answer. I didn't assume where you lived - although I was referring to Minnesota because someone mentioned it. Obviously, I understand that might not be true though - which I noted. I do comprehend that someone who lives in suburban Philadelphia like myself is going to see it differently than a Californian. Even if illegal immigration isn't as accelerated here as it is out there, it still exists.

''I really could care less what you think of me, especially if you honestly believe anyone takes your posts seriously.''

What makes you think I care about what you think of me? My posts are just fine - and although yours are creative, they lack sensibility or sources. The only people who take you seriously are European-American losers and/or rednecks who can't think for themselves. Is there any way for me to say it clearer than that? Maybe you should go speak to educated people about this issue. You know - like in a liberal place in California or New Jersey. See how seriously they take you. People don't have the patience for irrational thinkers like you. However, in the science fiction or world of comedy - you might have a shot. To show contrast to immigration, they made a movie about all ''Hispanics'' suddenly seizing existence in California - too bad you didn't get to it first.
I think you just like to hear yourself talk. I do however have a couple issues with you post. First:

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyc0127
The only people who take you seriously are European-American losers and/or rednecks who can't think for themselves. Is there any way for me to say it clearer than that? Maybe you should go speak to educated people about this issue.
This is a personal attack, a blatent violation of the TOS, and you've been reported. Just because people disagree with you doesn't make them uneducated rednecks.

Second:
Quote:
Originally Posted by nyc0127
Isn't it actually somewhat refreshing to see someone on here who doesn't appear to be the typical unintellectual anti-illegal windbag who speaks from his ass?
Violation # 2. Easy to run your mouth hiding behind a keyboard, isn't it?


Quote:
Originally Posted by nyc1027
Instead of doing this on City Data though, you'd be better off rounding up a bunch of rednecks in the mid-west. Because it's not like you'd be talking to a whole lot different people.
# 3. Redneck is a racist term towards white people.

At least you're letting you're true colors show as to what type of person you really are. You want to shove your opinion down everyone's throat with your 2000 word responses, but have no tolerance for someone else's opinion, and you chastise those you don't think the way you do. You're a real winner bud.
 
Old 02-26-2008, 06:43 PM
 
418 posts, read 268,126 times
Reputation: 37
''I think you just like to hear yourself talk.''

And you don't? lol

''This is a personal attack, a blatent violation of the TOS, and you've been reported. Just because people disagree with you doesn't make them uneducated rednecks.''

Have you seen what others posted? lol Okay, that was cute. First off - I am white, European-American and what ever criteria it is that would have to be matched. Technically, you could say I punched myself in the face. I don't think I need someone to tell me that isn't wrong lol Truthfully though, who do you expect to extensively agree with you on this? I'm probably the only reason why you continue to write on her - because I disagree with your ''theories.'' If everyone agreed with you, what would be your purpose for writing on here?

Oh no, not the ''TOS.'' I mean not those mean scary 20 dollar an hour City Data and AOL workers. Theykeep me trembling (that was a joke to my City Data moderators lol) You're not the one getting paid, so you shouldn't be judging. What I said wasn't ''that bad.'' Take a joke, okay? Do I need to right joke in parentheses just to keep you informed. I didn't say people had to agree or disagree with me. My argument wasn't what we were discussing. Your proposal that the U.S. would be annexed to Mexico was the issue. And I said the only people who'd be interested in that argument would be European-Americans who live in the south, mid-west and other rural and semi-rural areas. Not everyone, but most. Who here would disagree with that?

Violation # 2. Easy to run your mouth hiding behind a keyboard, isn't it?

You're telling me? lol

If you take me calling an anti-illegal person with no life a windbag as an insult, become less timid. It's not that hard.

''# 3. Redneck is a racist term towards white people.''

Is it really? lol Once against I'm white and even fit the criteria of what this government considers ''white.'' I'd say it's more so inappropriate and anti-southern. If you don't think redneck is said, you're out of your mind. It's said on TV all the time and no one ever regards that as ''racist.'' Do you know how many things are insulting to ''whites'' though? Believe me - my interpretation of who's ''white'' is a lot larger than who your listeners typically would consider.

''At least you're letting you're true colors show as to what type of person you really are.''

Well, I'm sorry for not being a plastic and timid person at every second of my life. I'll tell it how it is and lay it all out on the table. My self-character is just fine. I don't think I need a guy who plays with 51 cards to tell me that (that was a joke Mr. Timid).

I'm not looking for anyone to believe what I'm saying. I wouldn't even have to - considering most of America is as sensible as I am, even if they don't know these issues in detail. What you're saying is really out there and most people have never even heard of. I've heard of what people like you say - because I've looked for, and quite frankly - I don't take it seriously. I have respect for other's opinions and theories.

However, telling people it's a fact that many Mexican immigrants are planning on some revolution is not a fact. It's an opinion. What goes on in your nightmares should stay there. If you want to call them theories, fine. It's irritable and wrong to claim they're factual though. The reason why my posts are long is because I go into detail in response to the quotes that are used against me. The length of my posts isn't a problem. If you don't want to read them, no one is telling you to.
 
Old 02-26-2008, 06:54 PM
 
Location: Mesa, Az
21,148 posts, read 36,790,892 times
Reputation: 3785
For the record: I am an American of (mostly) Euro White lineage.

Ain't no 'Euro' in from of this ol' redneck's ethnicity
 
Old 02-26-2008, 07:54 PM
 
Location: Helena, Montana
2,010 posts, read 2,054,959 times
Reputation: 780
Quote:
Originally Posted by nyc0127 View Post
''I think you just like to hear yourself talk.''

And you don't? lol

''This is a personal attack, a blatent violation of the TOS, and you've been reported. Just because people disagree with you doesn't make them uneducated rednecks.''

Have you seen what others posted? lol Okay, that was cute. First off - I am white, European-American and what ever criteria it is that would have to be matched. Technically, you could say I punched myself in the face. I don't think I need someone to tell me that isn't wrong lol Truthfully though, who do you expect to extensively agree with you on this? I'm probably the only reason why you continue to write on her - because I disagree with your ''theories.'' If everyone agreed with you, what would be your purpose for writing on here?

Oh no, not the ''TOS.'' I mean not those mean scary 20 dollar an hour City Data and AOL workers. Theykeep me trembling (that was a joke to my City Data moderators lol) You're not the one getting paid, so you shouldn't be judging. What I said wasn't ''that bad.'' Take a joke, okay? Do I need to right joke in parentheses just to keep you informed. I didn't say people had to agree or disagree with me. My argument wasn't what we were discussing. Your proposal that the U.S. would be annexed to Mexico was the issue. And I said the only people who'd be interested in that argument would be European-Americans who live in the south, mid-west and other rural and semi-rural areas. Not everyone, but most. Who here would disagree with that?

Violation # 2. Easy to run your mouth hiding behind a keyboard, isn't it?

You're telling me? lol

If you take me calling an anti-illegal person with no life a windbag as an insult, become less timid. It's not that hard.

''# 3. Redneck is a racist term towards white people.''

Is it really? lol Once against I'm white and even fit the criteria of what this government considers ''white.'' I'd say it's more so inappropriate and anti-southern. If you don't think redneck is said, you're out of your mind. It's said on TV all the time and no one ever regards that as ''racist.'' Do you know how many things are insulting to ''whites'' though? Believe me - my interpretation of who's ''white'' is a lot larger than who your listeners typically would consider.

''At least you're letting you're true colors show as to what type of person you really are.''

Well, I'm sorry for not being a plastic and timid person at every second of my life. I'll tell it how it is and lay it all out on the table. My self-character is just fine. I don't think I need a guy who plays with 51 cards to tell me that (that was a joke Mr. Timid).

I'm not looking for anyone to believe what I'm saying. I wouldn't even have to - considering most of America is as sensible as I am, even if they don't know these issues in detail. What you're saying is really out there and most people have never even heard of. I've heard of what people like you say - because I've looked for, and quite frankly - I don't take it seriously. I have respect for other's opinions and theories.

However, telling people it's a fact that many Mexican immigrants are planning on some revolution is not a fact. It's an opinion. What goes on in your nightmares should stay there. If you want to call them theories, fine. It's irritable and wrong to claim they're factual though. The reason why my posts are long is because I go into detail in response to the quotes that are used against me. The length of my posts isn't a problem. If you don't want to read them, no one is telling you to.
You get more pompous and arrogant by the minute. You really should bother to read my posts. Let me point out your errors:

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyc0127
However, telling people it's a fact that many Mexican immigrants are planning on some revolution is not a fact. It's an opinion. What goes on in your nightmares should stay there. If you want to call them theories, fine. It's irritable and wrong to claim they're factual though.
Find one, just ONE time where I said it was a fact and not my opinion.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyc0127
Your proposal that the U.S. would be annexed to Mexico was the issue.
Find where I said this while you're at it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyc0127
And I said the only people who'd be interested in that argument would be European-Americans who live in the south, mid-west and other rural and semi-rural areas. Not everyone, but most. Who here would disagree with that?
Just about everyone on here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SimpleMan
''# 3. Redneck is a racist term towards white people.''
Quote:
Originally Posted by nyc0127

Is it really? lol Once against I'm white and even fit the criteria of what this government considers ''white.'' I'd say it's more so inappropriate and anti-southern. If you don't think redneck is said, you're out of your mind. It's said on TV all the time and no one ever regards that as ''racist.''


Once again, try READING the TOS. Redneck, or hillbilly, is a term used by people like you who think they're better than the working class people of this country and that anyone who disagrees with them must be an "uneducated backwoods redneck". The term, used by you, was meant in a derogatory and disrespectful way, which is why it's not allowed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyc0127
If you take me calling an anti-illegal person with no life a windbag as an insult, become less timid. It's not that hard.


I've heard some stupid things in my life, but do you actually believe this not to be an insult? And believe me bud there ain't nothing timid about me, don't think so just because I don't tell you what I really think of you and get banned. And don't worry, I pick up your condescending tone loud and clear, I just know it's your pathetic attempt at baiting me to lose my cool. Grow up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyc0127
I'm not looking for anyone to believe what I'm saying. I wouldn't even have to - considering most of America is as sensible as I am, even if they don't know these issues in detail. What you're saying is really out there and most people have never even heard of.


Go take a look at my other post with the poll that proves you dead wrong. How's that make you feel genuis?

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyc0127
Oh no, not the ''TOS.'' I mean not those mean scary 20 dollar an hour City Data and AOL workers. Theykeep me trembling


I really hope those very same moderators kick you right off this forum. Have a nice day.




 
Old 02-26-2008, 09:09 PM
 
Location: Journey's End
10,189 posts, read 24,554,626 times
Reputation: 3831
Probably need some breathing space on this thread before it explodes.

Temporarily closed until it can be reviewed by forum moderators.

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top