Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-25-2008, 10:04 PM

2,065 posts, read 3,593,490 times

Advertisements

My fear is that if the government doesn't start doing it's sworn duty to uphold the law we'll see a MAJOR resurgence in the vigilantism that dominated our past. Americans will get fed up sooner or later and we've never really been bashful about taking the law into our own hands, historically speaking.

Old 02-25-2008, 10:05 PM

762 posts, read 1,596,066 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SimpleMan View Post
Let's be intelligent and take a look at the context:

That would be the "they" I'm referring to. Try reading PL.

SimpleMan if you really live in Minnesota (sp?) then why would this bother you. Mexicans in LA have nothing to do with you all the way in Minnesota. And you think that just because Mexicans are Mexican they are all illigal.
You obviously haven't chilled with any Mexicans. You "claim" you have black friends do they share the same view of you that Mexicans are out to get them?

Old 02-25-2008, 10:06 PM

3,432 posts, read 2,950,740 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GuyPinestra View Post
My fear is that if the government doesn't start doing it's sworn duty to uphold the law we'll see a MAJOR resurgence in the vigilantism that dominated our past. Americans will get fed up sooner or later and we've never really been bashful about taking the law into our own hands, historically speaking.
In that case I will start my own militia. You can join if you want

Old 02-25-2008, 10:07 PM

2,065 posts, read 3,593,490 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProLogic View Post
In that case I will start my own militia. You can join if you want
But I already outrank you...

Old 02-25-2008, 10:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyc0127 View Post
You're going to a complete extreme though. You'd saying ''we're under attack'', yet if you walked outside of your house and observed teenagers and people in 20's for yourself - you'd do nothing more than give yourself a good laugh. The fact of them illegally immigrating here is both promoted by our government and the Mexican government. Our government wants them. Their trash is our excess future middle class. The real attack is the American government neglecting their own citizens - primarily inner-city African-Americans. It can't get more simple than that.

Why do you say we're ''under attack'' though? I respect your opinion, but it's somewhat confusing. Do you mean that allegorically or literally? Wouldn't both sides have to be aware? To them, it's nothing more than driving without insurance - which is more common than we think. Surely enough, that'd probably anger all of us if we ever got in an acctident (my brother got in a car acctident with a van driven by a pastor and owned by a church that has no insurance so go figure) - but we wouldn't deem that an ''attack.'' To them, this is an economical move that's worth the risk. They know the American government wouldn't deport them (unless they had criminal records and were detected - and still might not be), so is there really any way to be considered ''illegal'' in this country?

Illegal immigration is a problem - and especially for inner-city African-Americans and blue-collared people in the southwest, but we're not under attack. It will have it's economic damages for the day, but for the long run - our government wants it (although they shouldn't want an excess population). I appreciate that you are blaming the right source for this (our government), but I'm not sure if you exactly know why they want them so bad. You're taking an extreme view of this and not putting things into perspective. It'd be like me thinking every grandmother in Mexico hates Jews because of that story I told in one of my previous posts. I know that isn't true for most though.
To bad i cant give more rep to you too

Old 02-25-2008, 10:09 PM

3,432 posts, read 2,950,740 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GuyPinestra View Post
But I already outrank you...
Actually out rank you! I'm a Level 2 Gunnery Sargent in Halo 3.

Old 02-25-2008, 10:10 PM

418 posts, read 367,206 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 414Milwaukee View Post
Have you been to Milwaukee though we are nothing like the rest of the state? And many people feel the same way.... have you met many minoritys that thought that?
Ok - You just belittled yourself into the jumbo term. There is no such thing as as ''minority.'' As I said to others that subjected themselves to using that term they wouldn't have known if it weren't for the media, I know you don't mean Asians. You mean inner-city blacks and the magical term - ''Hispanics.'' Even if there was unity within the integrity of the term ''Hispanic'' or the criteria of the people that technically fit it, they have nothing to do with blacks. They're often against and resent eachother. They have nothing to do with eachother.

Let's keep things in perspective though. That means statistical significance. As of July 1st, 2006 - the United States was 14.1% (1/7) of Spanish-speaking Latin American descent. It's probably nearing 15% now. Milwaukee is 14.9% Latin American. Technically, Milwaukee is representative of Latin Americans for the country. They have several different groups (i.e. Mexicans, Puerto Ricans) ; but there are many divisions within ''Hispanics.'' The last significant amount of Puerto Rican immigrants was the early 70's there (life got better in Puerto Rico and they didn't come to the U.S. much more entirely). Regardless of race within Puerto Rican descent, they may as will be a white American at this point - especially if they are under the age of 50.

Maybe Wisconsin has different standards for what a place being Latin American is, but typically people in the United States don't think of Milwaukee as the most Latin American place they ever heard of. It's just like any other place. However, Milwaukee is a very black city - about 3/8. But their issues are very different than Latin Americans.

Peoples thoughts on illegal immigration vary everywhere. Even though cities are most heavily effected by this issue, their politicians usually don't care for making life harder on them.

Old 02-25-2008, 10:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyc0127 View Post
Ok - You just belittled yourself into the jumbo term. There is no such thing as as ''minority.'' As I said to others that subjected themselves to using that term they wouldn't have known if it weren't for the media, I know you don't mean Asians. You mean inner-city blacks and the magical term - ''Hispanics.'' Even if there was unity within the integrity of the term ''Hispanic'' or the criteria of the people that technically fit it, they have nothing to do with blacks. They're often against and resent eachother. They have nothing to do with eachother.

Let's keep things in perspective though. That means statistical significance. As of July 1st, 2006 - the United States was 14.1% (1/7) of Spanish-speaking Latin American descent. It's probably nearing 15% now. Milwaukee is 14.9% Latin American. Technically, Milwaukee is representative of Latin Americans for the country. They have several different groups (i.e. Mexicans, Puerto Ricans) ; but there are many divisions within ''Hispanics.'' The last significant amount of Puerto Rican immigrants was the early 70's there (life got better in Puerto Rico and they didn't come to the U.S. much more entirely). Regardless of race within Puerto Rican descent, they may as will be a white American at this point - especially if they are under the age of 50.

Maybe Wisconsin has different standards for what a place being Latin American is, but typically people in the United States don't think of Milwaukee as the most Latin American place they ever heard of. It's just like any other place. However, Milwaukee is a very black city - about 3/8. But their issues are very different than Latin Americans.

Peoples thoughts on illegal immigration vary everywhere. Even though cities are most heavily effected by this issue, their politicians usually don't care for making life harder on them.

I know i said we're not LA or anything but we have a decent amount of Hispanics. And yeah we do have a lot of black people Milwaukee is Majority-Minority

Old 02-25-2008, 10:16 PM

418 posts, read 367,206 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProLogic View Post
I never said you made that claim.
I don't think any of us should acknowledge the assertions of Mexico every attacking us for California or the southwest. It's a good idea for a movie, but not reality. We're talking about Mexico here. So a few loser rebels have crazy ideas. Good for them. You know what we got? The United States military? Not to mention the National Guard and anything else. Even with most of our troops in Iraq, we could still smack them sideways. Even if it was the border patrol versus them, we'd still take them down. Who would have the balls to stand up to our military? Not to mention the United Nations too, who would be on our side (even though our president has a bad habit of ignoring them).

Even though our economy is sluggish, Mexico is not a wealthy country (although not a poor one either). The Mexican government gets along with our government - even if they don't always politically agree. If a few La Raza losers think they have the potential to get rowdy, than let's see the money, resources and military they put up. They got nothing and half of them are in America college students who you'd never be able to identify.

Old 02-25-2008, 10:18 PM

59 posts, read 149,817 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by maria garza View Post
So What If Hispanics Become The Majority In The U.s.a They Are Now So Many Americans Moving To Mexico Buying Lands And Buisnneses Does That Mean That They Are Going To Change Mexico ?
Funny thing is if your not a Mexican citizen you cannot "buy" land, you can lease it, but you can never buy it. So no, Mexico will not change.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration