U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 07-28-2016, 03:43 PM
 
20,611 posts, read 12,290,347 times
Reputation: 5895

Advertisements

An 18-year-old Charlottean swept up in a series controversial immigration arrests this year is likely to be deported in the next 24 hours, after his 100-page appeal was denied within hours of being filed, said his attorney, J. Britt Thames of Macon, Georgia.

Pedro Arturo Salmeron of Charlotte – one of six arrested immigrant teens known as the NC6 – was transferred Thursday from a Georgia jail to an undisclosed location in preparation for the deportation, said Thames.

Read more here: One of NC6 immigrant teens from Charlotte faces imminent deportation | The Charlotte Observer

Charlotte Observer: how about being honest and, using the word "illegal" in the story?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 07-28-2016, 04:00 PM
 
31,515 posts, read 14,580,770 times
Reputation: 8385
Quote:
Originally Posted by Packard fan View Post
An 18-year-old Charlottean swept up in a series controversial immigration arrests this year is likely to be deported in the next 24 hours, after his 100-page appeal was denied within hours of being filed, said his attorney, J. Britt Thames of Macon, Georgia.

Pedro Arturo Salmeron of Charlotte – one of six arrested immigrant teens known as the NC6 – was transferred Thursday from a Georgia jail to an undisclosed location in preparation for the deportation, said Thames.

Read more here: One of NC6 immigrant teens from Charlotte faces imminent deportation | The Charlotte Observer

Charlotte Observer: how about being honest and, using the word "illegal" in the story?

It's so irritating and dishonest when they call illegal aliens "plain ole immigrants".
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-02-2016, 07:43 PM
 
17,497 posts, read 10,127,846 times
Reputation: 6744
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
It's so irritating and dishonest when they call illegal aliens "plain ole immigrants".
This is exactly why people tend to get confused and I think the government likes it this way.....immigrants, refugees, migrates & illegals are all one, until they need them separate. Very irritating indeed.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-02-2016, 08:36 PM
 
20,611 posts, read 12,290,347 times
Reputation: 5895
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3~Shepherds View Post
This is exactly why people tend to get confused and I think the government likes it this way.....immigrants, refugees, migrates & illegals are all one, until they need them separate. Very irritating indeed.
The MSM and feds do that crap in purpose.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-03-2016, 12:08 AM
 
5,971 posts, read 2,793,422 times
Reputation: 3922
Quote:
Originally Posted by Packard fan View Post
An 18-year-old Charlottean swept up in a series controversial immigration arrests this year is likely to be deported in the next 24 hours, after his 100-page appeal was denied within hours of being filed, said his attorney, J. Britt Thames of Macon, Georgia.

Pedro Arturo Salmeron of Charlotte – one of six arrested immigrant teens known as the NC6 – was transferred Thursday from a Georgia jail to an undisclosed location in preparation for the deportation, said Thames.

Read more here: One of NC6 immigrant teens from Charlotte faces imminent deportation | The Charlotte Observer

Charlotte Observer: how about being honest and, using the word "illegal" in the story?
Good riddance. And don't come back
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-03-2016, 06:14 AM
 
31,515 posts, read 14,580,770 times
Reputation: 8385
Quote:
Originally Posted by Packard fan View Post
The MSM and feds do that crap in purpose.

So do the pro-illegals.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top