U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Closed Thread Start New Thread
 
Old 08-08-2016, 03:19 AM
 
Location: Dallas, Texas
8,864 posts, read 10,330,443 times
Reputation: 9271

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
Perhaps the Asian illegal alien population is growing faster but Mexicans and other Latinos here illegally still well outnumber any other group. To my knowledge Asia is not "sending" their people her illegally either. Asians are more than likely to be visa over stayers. They more than likely aren't taking American blue-collared jobs either.
Oh but they are, Old Glory! There are at least 500 companies in China that coach and help pregnant women "tour" the USA in order to give birth here. As for visa over stayers, that's often the case with Mexicans as well. It's not as exciting as an episode of "Border Wars", but so many of these people come to shop, visit family...and simply don't leave.

 
Old 08-08-2016, 08:19 AM
 
31,698 posts, read 14,614,583 times
Reputation: 8450
Quote:
Originally Posted by TXNGL View Post
Oh but they are, Old Glory! There are at least 500 companies in China that coach and help pregnant women "tour" the USA in order to give birth here. As for visa over stayers, that's often the case with Mexicans as well. It's not as exciting as an episode of "Border Wars", but so many of these people come to shop, visit family...and simply don't leave.

It's still a fact that only 40% of illegals are visa over stayers while 60% never came legally in the first place. It is still a fact that most illegals here are Mexicans and other Latinos. Last I looked they made up 80% of them. Yes, I am aware of birth tourism and that needs to stop also.
 
Old 08-08-2016, 10:25 AM
 
Location: Pacific Beach/San Diego
3,467 posts, read 2,279,794 times
Reputation: 3502
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnywhereElse View Post

I doubt Asians are swimming here.
So distance traveled lessens the outrage?
 
Old 08-08-2016, 10:30 AM
 
Location: Midwest
29,145 posts, read 18,411,131 times
Reputation: 6973
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
It's still a fact that only 40% of illegals are visa over stayers while 60% never came legally in the first place. It is still a fact that most illegals here are Mexicans and other Latinos. Last I looked they made up 80% of them. Yes, I am aware of birth tourism and that needs to stop also.
Here is the issue: Chinese people are illegally immigrating to the US in growing numbers. Soon they may outnumber Hispanics.
 
Old 08-08-2016, 11:40 AM
 
Location: Miami, FL
8,088 posts, read 7,326,522 times
Reputation: 6650
When you say Asian, you mean from what country?
 
Old 08-08-2016, 12:37 PM
 
Location: Home, Home on the Front Range
21,067 posts, read 15,259,347 times
Reputation: 11787
Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post
Asians (mostly Chinese) have taken the lead in terms of numbers of undocumented immigrants.

Perhaps we should be looking at that.



Asians Now Outpace Mexicans In Terms of Undocumented Growth - The Atlantic
Some details re: China here:

"Concerns over human smuggling from China to the United States – both by land and by sea –are long-standing and have reappeared often over the last four decades. A 1993 article in the LA Times reported the arrest of over four hundred smuggled Chinese in the San Diego area and noted that “the boom in illegal immigration by sea from China’s Fujian province [the source of many unauthorized Chinese migrants in the United States] has prospered largely because of an alliance between Chinese and Latin American smuggling rings.” "

http://blogs.cfr.org/asia/2016/07/18...curity-debate/

Interestingly, Chinese illegals tend to assimilate even less than those from Latin America.
Certainly in NYC, they just melt into Chinatown and disappear.
 
Old 08-08-2016, 12:40 PM
 
25,476 posts, read 23,311,513 times
Reputation: 15343
Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post
Asians (mostly Chinese) have taken the lead in terms of numbers of undocumented immigrants.

Perhaps we should be looking at that.



Asians Now Outpace Mexicans In Terms of Undocumented Growth - The Atlantic
I believe they are looking at "all" illegals, which means everyone who is here illegally....
 
Old 08-08-2016, 01:45 PM
 
31,698 posts, read 14,614,583 times
Reputation: 8450
Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post
Here is the issue: Chinese people are illegally immigrating to the US in growing numbers. Soon they may outnumber Hispanics.

Illegally migrating or over staying their visas? The article was very vague about that. It's not like we share a border with China or any other Asian country. I seriously doubt that they will surpass the millions of illegals from south of our border but the point is we want all illegals gone and the fact still is that those from south or our border are still here by the millions illegally and are by far the largest group here illegally today.
 
Old 08-08-2016, 02:33 PM
 
16,714 posts, read 8,659,684 times
Reputation: 4695
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
Illegally migrating or over staying their visas? The article was very vague about that. It's not like we share a border with China or any other Asian country. I seriously doubt that they will surpass the millions of illegals from south of our border but the point is we want all illegals gone and the fact still is that those from south or our border are still here by the millions illegally and are by far the largest group here illegally today.
Let's just **** on the Chinese. Nobody cares about them anyway.
 
Old 08-08-2016, 02:33 PM
 
44,662 posts, read 43,174,514 times
Reputation: 14416
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
We want all illegals gone but the fact is that Mexicans and other Latinos have been the largest group here illegally by far. Asians at least tend to be educated and not a burden to our society while those from Mexico, etc. are the uneducated, unskilled and poor who are a burden to our society.
But if we are going to talk about illegals, we have to talk about ALL of them, not just the Mexicans.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top