U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-08-2016, 02:02 PM

9,789 posts, read 7,106,581 times

Advertisements

A friend who is a die hard Dem and who also left California told me this last time we talked. He said the problem is not illegal aliens coming across the border it is the asians that over stay their visas and groups like the vietnamese that smuggle in their own.
He also added that the asian gangs are far more brutal than the mexican ones but they tend to butcher each other.

Illegal immigration is a major problem in the US and it needs to be brought under control.

Old 08-08-2016, 02:17 PM

44,564 posts, read 43,103,689 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cape Cod Todd View Post
A friend who is a die hard Dem and who also left California told me this last time we talked. He said the problem is not illegal aliens coming across the border it is the asians that over stay their visas and groups like the vietnamese that smuggle in their own.
He also added that the asian gangs are far more brutal than the mexican ones but they tend to butcher each other.

Illegal immigration is a major problem in the US and it needs to be brought under control.
Like I said in a previous post. If we talk about illegals,we talk about all of them. The ones coming across the border, as well as the ones overstaying their visas and the smugglers.

Old 08-08-2016, 03:27 PM

9,275 posts, read 5,784,185 times
" Asians, not Mexicans, are now highest number of undocumented immigrants. "

They need to be deported immediately, no excuses.

Old 08-08-2016, 04:25 PM

29,108 posts, read 18,380,003 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elan View Post

Here is the problem:

Quote:
China is refusing to take back an estimated 39,000 citizens that have been denied immigration to the United States, clogging detention centers on the taxpayer's bill, Homeland Security Secretary Michael Chertoff said Tuesday.
In an interview with The Associated Press, Chertoff said that China last year readmitted 800 Chinese nationals. But that made only a small dent in what he described as a backlog of thousands of Chinese who are being held by the U.S.
USATODAY.com - Chertoff: China won't take back deportees

Old 08-08-2016, 04:28 PM

428 posts, read 227,345 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnywhereElse View Post
From where I sit, I see illegal aliens pouring in every time Obama opens his trap about amnesty and now Hillary running her trap about it.
Hey, maybe Trump will fix things? Oh wait, he's circling the drain in the elections.

Keep dreaming champ.

Old 08-08-2016, 04:52 PM

44,564 posts, read 43,103,689 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elan View Post

Deport illegals, all of them, regardless of ethnicity. I'm for the removal of ILLEGALS. My issue is with the people who want to use "illegal" to mean specifically Mexicans. And this is part of what makes Trump so incendiary. He should of said "I'm against illegals" instead of bringing ethnicity into this.

Old 08-08-2016, 05:51 PM

31,475 posts, read 14,565,596 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
Deport illegals, all of them, regardless of ethnicity. I'm for the removal of ILLEGALS. My issue is with the people who want to use "illegal" to mean specifically Mexicans. And this is part of what makes Trump so incendiary. He should of said "I'm against illegals" instead of bringing ethnicity into this.

The only reason that Mexican illegals get more attention is because they are here by far in the largest number illegally. They and other Latinos make up 80% of the illegals here. No matter how many times this is pointed out but also denoted that we want all illegals gone it seems to fall on deaf ears.

It is Mexico and other Latino countries that are "sending" their poor citizens here illegally and many of them are criminals. Trump pointing that out was just a fact.

Old 08-08-2016, 06:46 PM

9,789 posts, read 7,106,581 times
Mexican illegals get more attention because we have seen the images and it is easy to imagine them walking across the border. It is not so easy to depict or imagine a person who overstays their visa.

Illegal aliens of any nationality is a problem and a burden on society.

Trump is right that we are not getting the best and brightest strolling across our Southern border.

Old 08-08-2016, 06:51 PM

4,531 posts, read 2,301,265 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post
Asians (mostly Chinese) have taken the lead in terms of numbers of undocumented immigrants.

Perhaps we should be looking at that.

Asians Now Outpace Mexicans In Terms of Undocumented Growth - The Atlantic
I haven't read it all yet, but skimmed it and saw the article doesn't end? They never show the countries rank. Odd.

Old 08-08-2016, 08:17 PM

9,275 posts, read 5,784,185 times
People who don't respect our immigration laws need to get out. I don't care who they are or where they come from.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or