U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Easter!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-22-2008, 06:14 AM

25,107 posts, read 34,366,957 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProLogic View Post
I checked, the only place SFO and Fresno fly to is Armenia, Columbia.
PL - you are being razzed - and yet, you are taking it seriously.

BTW PL - you can get to Armenia from SFO and Fresno - it is called connecting flights. People do it all the time.

Now, chill out
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-22-2008, 09:05 AM

2,445 posts, read 1,853,364 times
I find it heartbreaking that this child who is a US citizen was left behind.
If the parents didn't have the money for a ticket,then certainly somehow ICE should have money in it's budget for these kind of problems.

I certainly understand the parents broke the law and SHOULD be sent back but, what I do not understand is some of the comments I have read on this thread concerning a child.

But for the grace of GOD and the fact of who we were born to, we could all be in this situation. Some compassion for the innocent children would be nice.

Old 02-22-2008, 09:19 AM

6,159 posts, read 10,895,066 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by junkman18 View Post
Why don't you be a nice guy and buy her a ticket. Or start up a deport her now fund and take donations. The sooner you get started the sooner she can go home.
Apparently, since she was born here in the US, she IS home. The issue at hand is that since her parents must leave, she should be allowed to go with them. Count me among those confused as to why a plane ticket for her is not an expense the ICE is willing to pick up. Is there some policy that prohibits this? I would think that paying for one plane ticket now might alleviate a lot of angst, and possibly expensive litigation and or beaurocratic paper shuffling, in the future.

Last edited by Bill Keegan; 02-22-2008 at 09:21 AM.. Reason: typo

Old 02-22-2008, 09:53 AM

10,716 posts, read 31,036,129 times
Ultimately this child is the responsibilty of its parents. I find it hard to believe that they are living here and didn't have the money for the plane ticket for her child.

Our country is burdened enough, if the INS had to put out the price of a plane ticket everytime someone needs it, what MORE of a mess would we be in.

Its not like she has been left wandering the streets with no place to sleep or eat for heavens sake. If her parents are so upset about this then THEY should not have broken the law, they knew they had been denied for citizenship yet they stayed anyway and then it becomes INS's fault?

Be serious, does the US really have to be the one to take care of absolutely everyone?

Old 02-22-2008, 12:24 PM

64 posts, read 173,560 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lindsey_Mcfarren View Post
Ultimately this child is the responsibilty of its parents. I find it hard to believe that they are living here and didn't have the money for the plane ticket for her child.

Our country is burdened enough, if the INS had to put out the price of a plane ticket everytime someone needs it, what MORE of a mess would we be in.

Its not like she has been left wandering the streets with no place to sleep or eat for heavens sake. If her parents are so upset about this then THEY should not have broken the law, they knew they had been denied for citizenship yet they stayed anyway and then it becomes INS's fault?

Be serious, does the US really have to be the one to take care of absolutely everyone?
I agree. Also, it's not like it was a big surprise that this would happen. It seems to me the family had a lot of years to prepare for this eventuality.

My feeling is the daughter was left behind in order for the family to apply for entrance into the US in the future based on they have family already here.

Old 02-22-2008, 12:27 PM

Quote:

The US doesn't have to take care of everyone,however that being said it should have been better prepared for unusual situations such as children who ARE US citizens.

It has not been said what financial situation the parents were in.
Are they responsible? You bet.

I just feel bad for children whose parents are taken away and can sympathize with how the child must feel.

Old 02-22-2008, 12:35 PM

407 posts, read 714,882 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Debera109 View Post
I agree. Also, it's not like it was a big surprise that this would happen. It seems to me the family had a lot of years to prepare for this eventuality.

My feeling is the daughter was left behind in order for the family to apply for entrance into the US in the future based on they have family already here.
BINGO!!! Illegals and those that love them always think about how they can best beat the system.

Old 02-22-2008, 03:21 PM

10,716 posts, read 31,036,129 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sindey View Post
The US doesn't have to take care of everyone,however that being said it should have been better prepared for unusual situations such as children who ARE US citizens.

It has not been said what financial situation the parents were in.
Are they responsible? You bet.

I just feel bad for children whose parents are taken away and can sympathize with how the child must feel.
I feel sorry for children whose parents break the law and that the children always have to suffer. BUT that doesn't mean I want my tax dollars going to buy them a return ticket to their home country when they thought so little of our laws to sneak into our country illegally.

Once this child of theirs, that automatically became a US citizen just because her parents broke the law AND had a baby here in the US (we probably paid for the hospital bills on that one as well) is old enough then she can come back to the states, get established and then sponsor her parents to come here LEGALLY.

Old 02-22-2008, 03:25 PM

9,308 posts, read 25,663,111 times
Quote:
I feel sorry for children whose parents break the law and that the children always have to suffer. BUT that doesn't mean I want my tax dollars going to buy them a return ticket to their home country when they thought so little of our laws to sneak into our country illegally.

Once this child of theirs, that automatically became a US citizen just because her parents broke the law AND had a baby here in the US (we probably paid for the hospital bills on that one as well) is old enough then she can come back to the states, get established and then sponsor her parents to come here LEGALLY.

Very valid points, Lindsey!

Old 02-22-2008, 05:29 PM

Quote:

Lindsey we don't know if the tax payers paid for the child to be born.

I just find it hard to believe how some people have become so hardened that there is little, if no sympathy for innocent children.

There are many instances in life where the parents are not responsible for their children and we still have compassion.

It just seems to me that if the child is a product of illegal aliens we lose our compassion altogether and I find that very sad.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration