Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-23-2008, 11:34 AM

10,757 posts, read 35,385,435 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by elston View Post
People who drive 65 in a 60 mph zone are also breaking the law and could be reduced to the label "illegal"--

But when you get past the simplistic defamation--the people you are so quick to reduce to "illegals" are also Mothers and Fathers and Dreamers and Builders and Survivors and may someday be grandparents standing on the steps of the white house seeing their grand child being given the oath of office, or attending the graduation of their child from a medical school where they learned the skills to save your childs life.
The act of speeding is no where near the same as entering a country illegally, stealing someone's identity in order to work and then working illegally, those are felonies, speeding isn't even on the same list. Be serious please.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-23-2008, 11:37 AM

21,144 posts, read 42,063,514 times
Quote:
People who drive 65 in a 60 mph zone are also breaking the law and could be reduced to the label "illegal"--

But when you get past the simplistic defamation--the people you are so quick to reduce to "illegals" are also Mothers and Fathers and Dreamers and Builders and Survivors and may someday be grandparents standing on the steps of the white house seeing their grand child being given the oath of office, or attending the graduation of their child from a medical school where they learned the skills to save your childs life.
Let me put it this way:

We as a nation have the right to secure our borders.

If you and/or I went to Mexico griping about how strict the Mx border patrol was-------we would probably be clapped in jail so fast it would make our heads spin.

I may not have a whole lot of respect for Mexico; but, that country does have the right to defend its turf under international law.

Old 02-23-2008, 11:52 AM

47,994 posts, read 21,940,902 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post
Let me put it this way:

We as a nation have the right to secure our borders.

If you and/or I went to Mexico griping about how strict the Mx border patrol was-------we would probably be clapped in jail so fast it would make our heads spin.

I may not have a whole lot of respect for Mexico; but, that country does have the right to defend its turf under international law.
I do not disagree that we as a nation have a right to secure our borders. I would go so far as to say, We have a need to secure our borders! That is where we have common ground.

Old 02-23-2008, 12:13 PM

9,763 posts, read 10,511,606 times
Quote:
Drivers who speed are subject to being stopped and ticketed. Illegal aliens are subject to deportation.

Quote:
Shades of Berkeley; the Summer of Love.

Awww...How cute!

Old 02-23-2008, 12:24 PM

3,432 posts, read 2,941,013 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyGem View Post
You know they could take the kid with them. What's wrong with that? No law which says the kid shouldn't be with his family.
Of course there is no law. I guess you don't know what it costs to go half way around the world.

Old 02-23-2008, 12:57 PM

2,065 posts, read 3,588,624 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProLogic View Post
Of course there is no law. I guess you don't know what it costs to go half way around the world.
They managed to get HERE, didn't they??

Old 02-23-2008, 02:01 PM

25,100 posts, read 39,200,144 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProLogic View Post
Does everything revolve around money PL????

Old 02-23-2008, 02:09 PM

47,525 posts, read 69,570,473 times
Quote:

So are you saying we should have no speeding laws because some people will break them? How about a big speeding amnesty where those who break that law will be awarded something special for breaking the law?

The amnesty politicians claim that because not everyone chooses to follow immigration laws that we are to have no more laws and instead reward all those who chose to break the laws.

Murder and rape will happen in spite of laws, and we're not solving all that problem but that doesn't mean those who break those laws should be rewarded either.

Old 02-23-2008, 02:12 PM

47,525 posts, read 69,570,473 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sindey View Post
Lindsey we don't know if the tax payers paid for the child to be born.

I just find it hard to believe how some people have become so hardened that there is little, if no sympathy for innocent children.

There are many instances in life where the parents are not responsible for their children and we still have compassion.

It just seems to me that if the child is a product of illegal aliens we lose our compassion altogether and I find that very sad.

I have a feeling the parents chose to leave the child behind because back in their own country, they won't get anything from having him.

Many illegals being deported are leaving the anchors behind because they no longer bring in anything -- no more food stamps and free schools and free healthcare. Back home, the parents would have to support this child and they prefer not to do that.

Old 02-23-2008, 02:30 PM

3,432 posts, read 2,941,013 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greatday View Post
Does everything revolve around money PL????
Immigration does
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration