U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 08-24-2016, 05:17 PM
 
31,488 posts, read 14,573,470 times
Reputation: 8354

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BOS2IAD View Post
Maybe you ought to read what exactly, is in that Bill. There are lots of provisions that have no teeth in them. Oh, and gang members were allowed to apply for amnesty. All they had to do was swear that they quit the gang. Plus E-verify wouldn't be implemented until 5 years after the nightmare of a so-called "immigration reform" bill passed. And what do you think would have happened during those 5 years? More illegals would have poured in here.

Exactly! It wasn't a good bill.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 08-25-2016, 01:48 AM
 
3,936 posts, read 5,448,242 times
Reputation: 4156
Quote:
Originally Posted by AguaDulce View Post
from CNN Money:
Undocumented immigrants do not qualify for welfare, food stamps, Medicaid, and most other public benefits. Most of these programs require proof of legal immigration status and under the 1996 welfare law, even legal immigrants cannot receive these benefits until they have been in the United States for more than five years.
They do get it. They get a lot more under Obama. Of course they're not supposed to, in black and white, but that's all changed. Not enough leaders care what goes on anymore. He's told everyone dealing with illegals, not to do their job, and if they did, there would be consequences. We're supposed to cater to them.Why do you think they're so worried about Trump? They might have to start paying their doctor bills and buying insurance like we have to. And God forbid that they pay for their own groceries and the birth of all their babies. I've seen all of this firsthand, so I really doubt that someone could tell me anything I don't already know regarding the benefits they get. Plus, they have their own tricks to get even more.

Trump must have gotten a lot of flack from the Latino advisory board. His policies will still be better than the pedophile defender, laughing Hillary. I still think he'll stop all these handouts, for nothing! They don't have to do anything for all these benefits!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-25-2016, 06:36 AM
 
Location: Dallas
5,463 posts, read 4,579,619 times
Reputation: 15592
Quote:
Originally Posted by cincylifer View Post
Cant say this enough, E-VERIFY, it would solve most of the problem. But Trump isnt talking about it, and neither are Dems, they all love illegal immigrants.
Yes, he is. An outline of his Immigration Policy definitely includes it.

https://www.donaldjtrump.com/positio...gration-reform
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-25-2016, 06:43 AM
 
Location: Dallas
5,463 posts, read 4,579,619 times
Reputation: 15592
Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post
Blink and the story changes.

Yesterday he told O' Riley he was going to do what Obama and Bush have done.

Today campaign manager said he has not talked about mass deportation in awhile.

Hannity asked what he would do about law abiding illegals and children. Trump said there certainly can be a softening to not hurt people.

And yeah he did a major flip- flop on the fundamental core issue of his primary campaign.

Things are starting to look like Immigration Reform" , the bipartisan Senate Bill.

That bill called for a 700 mile wall, doubling border patrol, huge investment in electronic surveilience and e- Verify and a pathway to citizenship.

The House declined to vote on it - declined to be held accountable by their constituents for their vote.

The House declined to offer an alternative.

Instead, they kicked the can.
Trump has said absolutely NO amnesty, no citizenship, end birthright citizenship, immediate deportation of illegal criminals, folks who have overstayed their visas, then begin addressing the rest. He was very clear on this at Hannity's Town Hall in Austin, TX the other day. Bill O'Reilly seems to always want to put words in Trump's mouth for some type of controversy.

Funny how after all the left's outrage over his immigration policies - now they want to criticize Trump for re-considering the mass deportation he had originally wanted.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-25-2016, 04:01 PM
 
Location: Ohio
13,951 posts, read 10,312,628 times
Reputation: 7232
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
As for me, I choose not to believe what Univision or BuzzFeed has said it's just wishful thinking on their part. A link was already been posted in here to the contrary. So giggle away and click you heels together if you want.
Well I heard Trump say it himself in a town hall with Sean Hannity. He said "they're gonna pay back taxes and we're gonna work with them".... Sure sounds like he's open to letting them stay.


So do you believe it straight from the horse's mouth? Or will you come up with another excuse to explain away his betraying you?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-25-2016, 04:46 PM
 
Location: Lewes, Delaware
3,463 posts, read 3,008,228 times
Reputation: 1867
No one with any common sense thought he was going to deport 11 million people, or build a giant wall, who was going to pay for all of that? It can't be done and won't be done.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-25-2016, 07:02 PM
 
31,488 posts, read 14,573,470 times
Reputation: 8354
Quote:
Originally Posted by James420 View Post
No one with any common sense thought he was going to deport 11 million people, or build a giant wall, who was going to pay for all of that? It can't be done and won't be done.

They won't be rounded up and deported if that is what you mean but we should be enforcing the laws on the books as they are found not giving them stays of deportation instead. Giant wall? All that needs to be built if the 700 mile wall on the most porous areas of our border that congress already approved and the Border Patrol can focus their efforts on the rest of the border. I always have to laugh when the wall objectors speak about the costs of building it but they are completely silent about the $113 billion a year that illegals costs us.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-25-2016, 07:18 PM
 
31,488 posts, read 14,573,470 times
Reputation: 8354
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhipperSnapper 88 View Post
Well I heard Trump say it himself in a town hall with Sean Hannity. He said "they're gonna pay back taxes and we're gonna work with them".... Sure sounds like he's open to letting them stay.


So do you believe it straight from the horse's mouth? Or will you come up with another excuse to explain away his betraying you?

Not sure what he meant for sure. I will wait till the debates for him to clarify it. If it is clear he is going to grant the so-called good ones amnesty then I am done with him. There are no good ones in regards to committing criminal acts such as ID theft and tax evasion.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-25-2016, 07:24 PM
 
4,554 posts, read 2,022,675 times
Reputation: 5980
Quote:
Originally Posted by treasurefinder View Post
I heard Trump today, and I quote my campaign is working with a lot of people in the Hispanic community to try and come up with an answer" on the issue.

That is softening. Why the heck would he need the help of the hispanic community, if he was steadfast that EVERYONE HAD TO LEAVE, THERE WILL BE A DEPORTATION FORCE!

He also said, "we have to fair but firm,". During his campaign he has never talked of being fair, his stance was everyone had to go, too bad if families split up.

He is clearly backpedaling.
YEP!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-25-2016, 07:40 PM
 
4,554 posts, read 2,022,675 times
Reputation: 5980
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jess5 View Post
They do get it. They get a lot more under Obama. Of course they're not supposed to, in black and white, but that's all changed. Not enough leaders care what goes on anymore. He's told everyone dealing with illegals, not to do their job, and if they did, there would be consequences. We're supposed to cater to them.Why do you think they're so worried about Trump? They might have to start paying their doctor bills and buying insurance like we have to. And God forbid that they pay for their own groceries and the birth of all their babies. I've seen all of this firsthand, so I really doubt that someone could tell me anything I don't already know regarding the benefits they get. Plus, they have their own tricks to get even more.

Trump must have gotten a lot of flack from the Latino advisory board. His policies will still be better than the pedophile defender, laughing Hillary. I still think he'll stop all these handouts, for nothing! They don't have to do anything for all these benefits!
This is UNTRUE. : hamd::roll eyes:
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top