U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 08-25-2016, 07:43 PM
 
4,554 posts, read 2,021,418 times
Reputation: 5980

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by aquietpath View Post
Trump has said absolutely NO amnesty, no citizenship, end birthright citizenship, immediate deportation of illegal criminals, folks who have overstayed their visas, then begin addressing the rest. He was very clear on this at Hannity's Town Hall in Austin, TX the other day. Bill O'Reilly seems to always want to put words in Trump's mouth for some type of controversy.

Funny how after all the left's outrage over his immigration policies - now they want to criticize Trump for re-considering the mass deportation he had originally wanted.
You just wrote that he is not reconsidering...???
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 08-25-2016, 07:44 PM
 
4,554 posts, read 2,021,418 times
Reputation: 5980
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhipperSnapper 88 View Post
Well I heard Trump say it himself in a town hall with Sean Hannity. He said "they're gonna pay back taxes and we're gonna work with them".... Sure sounds like he's open to letting them stay.


So do you believe it straight from the horse's mouth? Or will you come up with another excuse to explain away his betraying you?
Wonder what the response of his supporters will be? Clearly this is a flip flop.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-25-2016, 08:00 PM
 
8,063 posts, read 3,620,550 times
Reputation: 2449
Default Got have Policy all can agree on!

Look Trump has come to the conclusion a broad paint brush is too much. I wuld be happy if Trump flowed the laws on the Books.


Trump is still on point, however he will have to appeal to all. many Latinos that re her Legally recent the Illegals Immigrants. This will play into Trumps.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-25-2016, 11:38 PM
 
Location: Ohio
13,951 posts, read 10,310,168 times
Reputation: 7232
Quote:
Originally Posted by tangelag View Post
Wonder what the response of his supporters will be? Clearly this is a flip flop.
From my experience with them, one of a few things will happen.....

Some will claim they don't know what he means "See OldGlory's post"... And this is actually a justifiable reaction, considering that Trump changes his positions on a daily basis, no one knows where he really stands. One day he says they've got to go, the next he says we'll work with them, then the next day he's back to deporting them.... So which is the real Trump?

Some will be content to just live in a state of denial and embrace whatever he says as if he's been saying it all along

And some will find any excuse to explain it away. They'll reason themselves out of their feelings of betrayal by convincing themselves that "he's just saying what he needs to say right now, but we know where he really stands"

I would be amazed to find one who would ever actually admit they've been bamboozled.

People deal with grief in all kinds of different ways I guess.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-25-2016, 11:42 PM
 
Location: Ohio
13,951 posts, read 10,310,168 times
Reputation: 7232
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
Not sure what he meant for sure. I will wait till the debates for him to clarify it. If it is clear he is going to grant the so-called good ones amnesty then I am done with him. There are no good ones in regards to committing criminal acts such as ID theft and tax evasion.

LOL, who could blame you, he changes his position multiple times a day.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-26-2016, 12:31 AM
 
Location: Ohio
13,951 posts, read 10,310,168 times
Reputation: 7232
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
Not sure what he meant for sure. I will wait till the debates for him to clarify it. If it is clear he is going to grant the so-called good ones amnesty then I am done with him. There are no good ones in regards to committing criminal acts such as ID theft and tax evasion.
Watch it and weep, Oldglory. There's no confusing what he said here......

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bi97XikLC_Y
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-26-2016, 07:46 AM
 
31,458 posts, read 14,559,147 times
Reputation: 8346
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhipperSnapper 88 View Post
From my experience with them, one of a few things will happen.....

Some will claim they don't know what he means "See OldGlory's post"... And this is actually a justifiable reaction, considering that Trump changes his positions on a daily basis, no one knows where he really stands. One day he says they've got to go, the next he says we'll work with them, then the next day he's back to deporting them.... So which is the real Trump?

Some will be content to just live in a state of denial and embrace whatever he says as if he's been saying it all along

And some will find any excuse to explain it away. They'll reason themselves out of their feelings of betrayal by convincing themselves that "he's just saying what he needs to say right now, but we know where he really stands"

I would be amazed to find one who would ever actually admit they've been bamboozled.

People deal with grief in all kinds of different ways I guess.

Of course I have concerns about his latest remarks and I am confused as to what he actually means and intends to do. He is supposed to speak in Arizona next week on illegal immigration and I will wait and see what he says then. If he flip flops or is vague again I will not vote for him. This issue is that important to me. I will just stay home and not vote this election as there is no way that I will vote for Hillary either. Let me be perfectly clear though I never was for mass deportations. I think Trump got over ambitious on that one. If he says he will enforce the laws on the books, implement e-verify and won't give any of them amnesty then I will still vote for him.

Last edited by Oldglory; 08-26-2016 at 07:58 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-26-2016, 10:31 AM
 
192 posts, read 107,484 times
Reputation: 286
Can't say for sure he is softening on the issue but he is still firm on no amnesty of any kind as he stated multiple times in the Hannity interview. Can't say I agree with him when he says, he will "work with them" for those who have been here for a VERY long time and haven't committed any other crimes except committing the crime to be here illegally, but it's no flip flop and it is absolutely opposite of his opponent who is STRONG amnesty at all cost.

His plan to ENFORCE the current laws allowing the border patrol and ICE to do their jobs, building the wall, ending anchor babies automatic citizenships is definitely a step in the right direction. Instead of catch and release, it's catch and deport and eventually, deporting any Illegal Aliens that are here, including the non violent criminals.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-26-2016, 03:00 PM
 
31,458 posts, read 14,559,147 times
Reputation: 8346
t
Quote:
Originally Posted by scot892 View Post
Can't say for sure he is softening on the issue but he is still firm on no amnesty of any kind as he stated multiple times in the Hannity interview. Can't say I agree with him when he says, he will "work with them" for those who have been here for a VERY long time and haven't committed any other crimes except committing the crime to be here illegally, but it's no flip flop and it is absolutely opposite of his opponent who is STRONG amnesty at all cost.

His plan to ENFORCE the current laws allowing the border patrol and ICE to do their jobs, building the wall, ending anchor babies automatic citizenships is definitely a step in the right direction. Instead of catch and release, it's catch and deport and eventually, deporting any Illegal Aliens that are here, including the non violent criminals.

My concern is his statement that he will work with those who have been here a long time and haven't committed any other crimes except coming here illegally. First off, that's not possible because they have to had either committed felony ID theft or tax evasion by working for cash to work here. There is no other explanation as to how they survived here for so many years. Second, it does sound like amnesty for those who have been here a long time and supposedly didn't break any laws. I'm skeptical now but I will wait and see how this all plays out before the election. The debates are coming up and that should also give us a clearer picture of his intentions.


Why did he feel the need to ask the audience how they felt about deporting long term illegals? Does that mean he is going to go by public sentiment rather than enforcing the law against all of them and granting amnesty to them instead? Hmm.


My fear is that he will end up giving amnesty to the DACA and DAPA recipients as under Obama's plan. Only instead of temporary stays of deportation it will be a full blown amnesty for them and that would be for millions and millions of them. Ugh!

Last edited by Oldglory; 08-26-2016 at 03:45 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-26-2016, 03:39 PM
 
Location: Ohio
13,951 posts, read 10,310,168 times
Reputation: 7232
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
t


My concern is his statement that he will work with those who have been here a long time and haven't committed any other crimes except coming here illegally. First off, that's not possible because they have to had either committed felony ID theft or tax evasion by working for cash to work here. There is no other explanation as to how they survived here for so many years. Second, it does sound like amnesty for those who have been here a long time and supposedly didn't break any laws. I'm skeptical now but I will wait and see how this all plays out before the election. The debates are coming up and that should also give us a clearer picture of his intentions.


Why did he feel the need to ask the audience how they felt about deporting long term illegals? Does that mean he is going to go by public sentiment rather than enforcing the law against all of them rather than granting amnesty them amnesty? Hmm.


My fear is that he will end up giving amnesty to the DACA and DAPA recipients as under Obama's plan. Only instead of temporary stays of deportation it will be a full blown amnesty for them and that would be for millions and millions of them. Ugh!
Well I'll give you this, Oldglory, at least you seem to be open to admitting that he might have bamboozled you. You're not one of these cult followers who hangs on his every word and are willing to sacrifice your integrity in order to defend him. That's a rarity among Trump supporters.

Just wish more people would have seen this coming before it was too late, because it was obvious from 10 miles away.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top