U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-26-2016, 03:50 PM

31,566 posts, read 14,591,651 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhipperSnapper 88 View Post
Well I'll give you this, Oldglory, at least you seem to be open to admitting that he might have bamboozled you. You're not one of these cult followers who hangs on his every word and are willing to sacrifice your integrity in order to defend him. That's a rarity among Trump supporters.

Just wish more people would have seen this coming before it was too late, because it was obvious from 10 miles away.

Thanks. I did not see this coming though. I'm actually surprised "if" he is back pedaling on amnesty. I hope it's not the case. The next couple of months should be a tell all. I'd rather learn the truth before casting my vote in November.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-26-2016, 04:03 PM

13,951 posts, read 10,319,539 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
Thanks. I did not see this coming though. I'm actually surprised "if" he is back pedaling on amnesty. I hope it's not the case. The next couple of months should be a tell all. I'd rather learn the truth before casting my vote in November.
The truth, lol, who could know it?

I don't think anyone will know what Trump would do as President until he actually becomes president. He is completely untethered to any firm principles or ideology.

Old 08-26-2016, 04:39 PM

20,611 posts, read 12,293,735 times
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhipperSnapper 88 View Post
The truth, lol, who could know it?

I don't think anyone will know what Trump would do as President until he actually becomes president. He is completely untethered to any firm principles or ideology.
Trump: I'll take my chances with his since IMHO Hillary IS despicable and, DON'T want her anywhere the White House.

Old 08-26-2016, 05:51 PM

2,061 posts, read 930,952 times
Trump has said that there will be no amnesty. They will pay back taxes, helping force them out.

Besides, i kinda think he should have stepped back. No matter how much we dream, we will never be able to deport every single illegal alien within our borders. It's just not possible. We can deport a majority of them, but not all of them.

Old 08-26-2016, 06:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthernTiger099 View Post
Trump has said that there will be no amnesty. They will pay back taxes, helping force them out.

Besides, i kinda think he should have stepped back. No matter how much we dream, we will never be able to deport every single illegal alien within our borders. It's just not possible. We can deport a majority of them, but not all of them.

Paying back taxes has always been a part of legalizing them though. So I'm not understanding if they are going to be deported and not granted amnesty what's with the back taxes? Something doesn't add up here.

Old 08-26-2016, 07:12 PM

4,989 posts, read 1,578,917 times
Quote:
Paying back taxes has always been a part of legalizing them though. So I'm not understanding if they are going to be deported and not granted amnesty what's with the back taxes? Something doesn't add up here.
It adds up to me....I think Trump is all about winning..as he has stated many times in the past. As his numbers dropped..he thought that a change might be in order...I don't think he really has any investment in the things that his adherents see in him---I think that his pedaling and back-pedaling is smart--from his point of view...if enough people believe the contradictory positions and vote....Trump believes that he can garner enough votes from both sides and win!

Old 08-26-2016, 07:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvilEyeFleegle View Post
It adds up to me....I think Trump is all about winning..as he has stated many times in the past. As his numbers dropped..he thought that a change might be in order...I don't think he really has any investment in the things that his adherents see in him---I think that his pedaling and back-pedaling is smart--from his point of view...if enough people believe the contradictory positions and vote....Trump believes that he can garner enough votes from both sides and win!

No, it will not garner more of the black or Hispanic vote so that would be fruitless. Liberal left whites will not vote for him either no matter what he does. He'd be better off continuing to pander to Americans for the rule of law and those who are fed up with the status quo.

Old 08-26-2016, 08:15 PM

8,063 posts, read 3,625,702 times
Default Not Hilary!

Quote:
Of course I have concerns about his latest remarks and I am confused as to what he actually means and intends to do. He is supposed to speak in Arizona next week on illegal immigration and I will wait and see what he says then. If he flip flops or is vague again I will not vote for him. This issue is that important to me. I will just stay home and not vote this election as there is no way that I will vote for Hillary either. Let me be perfectly clear though I never was for mass deportations. I think Trump got over ambitious on that one. If he says he will enforce the laws on the books, implement e-verify and won't give any of them amnesty then I will still vote for him.
If you do not vote one can not complain about your Government. The problem is the problem will become really unmanageable if Clinton Opens up our borders and follow the globalist path of the EU.

So I want all of you cares about this country not to sit out because the candidate does not meet once check list.
If Clinton gets in she will appoint a Liberal Judge to replace Scalia . If this happen our problems will escalate to a new level.

Old 08-26-2016, 08:22 PM

8,063 posts, read 3,625,702 times
Exclamation Enforce the Laws

Quote:

Yes I agree, but the condition her for Illegals would become more difficult to earn a living. We will not able to deport by rail car, but the idea appeals to me!

Trump may not be perfect, but I am encourage he wants to enforce current laws.

Even he enforces Visa, Pass port and Work Permits.

Old 08-26-2016, 10:39 PM

20,611 posts, read 12,293,735 times
Quote:

If the US would "man up" and; get rid of 80 percent of illegal aliens, the hard heads WOULD shut up cause they'd sitting ducks for LE otherwise.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or