U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 08-26-2016, 10:48 PM
 
192 posts, read 107,528 times
Reputation: 286

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
t


My concern is his statement that he will work with those who have been here a long time and haven't committed any other crimes except coming here illegally. First off, that's not possible because they have to had either committed felony ID theft or tax evasion by working for cash to work here. There is no other explanation as to how they survived here for so many years. Second, it does sound like amnesty for those who have been here a long time and supposedly didn't break any laws. I'm skeptical now but I will wait and see how this all plays out before the election. The debates are coming up and that should also give us a clearer picture of his intentions.


Why did he feel the need to ask the audience how they felt about deporting long term illegals? Does that mean he is going to go by public sentiment rather than enforcing the law against all of them and granting amnesty to them instead? Hmm.


My fear is that he will end up giving amnesty to the DACA and DAPA recipients as under Obama's plan. Only instead of temporary stays of deportation it will be a full blown amnesty for them and that would be for millions and millions of them. Ugh!
I didn't like that comment either and you're right, Illegal Aliens commit more crimes then just being here illegally. But, I think he's trying to get votes. So, my thought is that he wants to get into office first and then use work visas to get them in legally. If he does what Reagan did, that would be a disaster. No amnesty of ANY kind.

Yes, it should be where Illegal Aliens should not be here PERIOD. However, they are here with the help and assistance from both parties but more so do to the current administration so we have to deal with what we have. Although, it may be difficult to deport all 11 million, more like 20 million by now, all at once, at least Trump has a plan to deport some and then we can work on deporting the rest in due time. Much better plan than the alternative.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 08-26-2016, 11:03 PM
 
8,063 posts, read 3,621,800 times
Reputation: 2449
Quote:
Originally Posted by scot892 View Post
I didn't like that comment either and you're right, Illegal Aliens commit more crimes then just being here illegally. But, I think he's trying to get votes. So, my thought is that he wants to get into office first and then use work visas to get them in legally. If he does what Reagan did, that would be a disaster. No amnesty of ANY kind.

Yes, it should be where Illegal Aliens should not be here PERIOD. However, they are here with the help and assistance from both parties but more so do to the current administration so we have to deal with what we have. Although, it may be difficult to deport all 11 million, more like 20 million by now, all at once, at least Trump has a plan to deport some and then we can work on deporting the rest in due time. Much better plan than the alternative.
Trump just needs to enforce the law and put those immigration tools back in service and we need to have a National AZ1070 Bill so local law enforcement can assist.


We asaNation tend to make this issue more than it is!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-27-2016, 12:13 AM
 
Location: Pacific Northwest
1,295 posts, read 471,489 times
Reputation: 1405
All illegals need to go, it doesn't benefit our people for illegals to be here, take our jobs and then send money home to Mexico. I'm curious to hear Trump clarify the issue.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-27-2016, 12:24 AM
 
Location: Las Vegas
13,432 posts, read 24,204,419 times
Reputation: 24745
Trump was in Vegas today. It was reported to be an unscheduled visit. Supposedly he spent the day meeting with members of the Hispanic population. No further details because reporters said they were not allowed in the meeting.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-27-2016, 07:59 AM
 
Location: Dallas
5,459 posts, read 4,577,627 times
Reputation: 15588
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhipperSnapper 88 View Post
Well I'll give you this, Oldglory, at least you seem to be open to admitting that he might have bamboozled you. You're not one of these cult followers who hangs on his every word and are willing to sacrifice your integrity in order to defend him. That's a rarity among Trump supporters.

Just wish more people would have seen this coming before it was too late, because it was obvious from 10 miles away.
Considering that's exactly what Hillary supporters do, I find this post laughable.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-27-2016, 08:31 AM
 
31,471 posts, read 14,565,596 times
Reputation: 8350
Quote:
Originally Posted by scot892 View Post
I didn't like that comment either and you're right, Illegal Aliens commit more crimes then just being here illegally. But, I think he's trying to get votes. So, my thought is that he wants to get into office first and then use work visas to get them in legally. If he does what Reagan did, that would be a disaster. No amnesty of ANY kind.

Yes, it should be where Illegal Aliens should not be here PERIOD. However, they are here with the help and assistance from both parties but more so do to the current administration so we have to deal with what we have. Although, it may be difficult to deport all 11 million, more like 20 million by now, all at once, at least Trump has a plan to deport some and then we can work on deporting the rest in due time. Much better plan than the alternative.

I seriously doubt that softening up on deportations will garner him any more votes from Hispanics because Hillary is promising them a full blown amnesty. So far Trump isn't promising them that. They typically vote Democrat anyway.

I think Trump is being given advice that supposedly a mass deportation isn't feasible so that's the reason he is backing off on that. It's not because he will get more votes that way.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-27-2016, 01:53 PM
Status: "Happy Birthday to all October babies." (set 24 days ago)
 
Location: Los Angeles
852 posts, read 463,650 times
Reputation: 2078
I would still vote for Trump - I think realistic he knows deporting all of them here now would be a huge undertaking. All he needs to do is secure our borders - stop letting in all these people - get a handle on our immigration problems. We cannot continue to allow everyone in to the USA (illegally). The biggest issue are the many diseases coming over with them. They are coming from third world countries where there is no running water and just a lot of filth. They are importing swine flu, dengue fever, possibly Ebola virus and tuberculosis into the USA. Not their fault but the leaders of their country as they do not vaccinate. Those countries are so corrupt. I feel bad for them but we cannot take on the world.

California has been dealing with severe droughts. Pretty stupid to continue to allow millions of people into our country illegally and makes NO logical sense. What is it with these elite politicians? Where are all the jobs for these folks?? Where are they to live?

Definitely deport the criminal element for sure who are terrorizing our neighborhoods - stealing cars - robbing from us.

Last edited by CaliforniaGal; 08-27-2016 at 01:55 PM.. Reason: Forgot to add...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-27-2016, 06:37 PM
 
4,507 posts, read 4,362,049 times
Reputation: 3245
I haven't read through this entire thread, but one of Trump's policies is to get rid of/re-negotiate NAFTA. (If I recall correctly, in the beginning he said "get rid of" now I hear him say "re-negotiate"). NAFTA is a huge reason we have so much illegal immigration from Mexico, because NAFTA deprived so many in Mexico of humble but viable livings from small farms or small agricultural enterprises. I bet many would go back of their own accord if they could make it in their home country.

Here's an interesting article: Mexico's New Auto Plants Unable to Find Enough Labor

Mexico's New Auto Plants Unable To Find Enough Labor... As Detroit Still Suffers Massive Unemployment | Zero Hedge

Many of the Mexicans I have met have a true love for the land and for some, owning and working their own farm, even a small one, is a goal. They prefer it to being cooped up in a factory for a lousy wage.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-28-2016, 09:55 AM
 
13,477 posts, read 9,597,589 times
Reputation: 17430
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaliforniaGal View Post
I would still vote for Trump - I think realistic he knows deporting all of them here now would be a huge undertaking. All he needs to do is secure our borders - stop letting in all these people - get a handle on our immigration problems. We cannot continue to allow everyone in to the USA (illegally). The biggest issue are the many diseases coming over with them. They are coming from third world countries where there is no running water and just a lot of filth. They are importing swine flu, dengue fever, possibly Ebola virus and tuberculosis into the USA. Not their fault but the leaders of their country as they do not vaccinate. Those countries are so corrupt. I feel bad for them but we cannot take on the world.

California has been dealing with severe droughts. Pretty stupid to continue to allow millions of people into our country illegally and makes NO logical sense. What is it with these elite politicians? Where are all the jobs for these folks?? Where are they to live?

Definitely deport the criminal element for sure who are terrorizing our neighborhoods - stealing cars - robbing from us.
While I agree with you about immigration - we are importing poverty, I have to correct one thing. We get most of our illegal immigrants from Mexico and they have a higher vaccination rate than we do, thanks to our militant anti vaxxers here in the states.

TB we usually import from the Phillipines. That's usually related to travel by legal residents, not illegal immigration.

The impacts of illegal immigration, abuse of the H1b Program, etc, are primarily economic. It's a downward pressure on American wages. It's hard enough to make a living. Jobs that used to pay $30 an hour now pay $15 because people ( especially aliens who have a home to go to after they save up some cash ) are willing to do more for less.

Housing, education, food and healthcare keep going up. But at least you can get a cheap tv.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-28-2016, 11:28 AM
 
192 posts, read 107,528 times
Reputation: 286
Quote:
Originally Posted by GHOSTRIDER AZ View Post
Trump just needs to enforce the law and put those immigration tools back in service and we need to have a National AZ1070 Bill so local law enforcement can assist.


We as a Nation tend to make this issue more than it is!
Agreed, it's not that hard. In fact, everything is there to ENFORCE the law except to be allowed to be enforced by the current buffoon in office.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
I seriously doubt that softening up on deportations will garner him any more votes from Hispanics because Hillary is promising them a full blown amnesty. So far Trump isn't promising them that. They typically vote Democrat anyway.

I think Trump is being given advice that supposedly a mass deportation isn't feasible so that's the reason he is backing off on that. It's not because he will get more votes that way.
I can see that. I think he is trying to work with the party in trying to come up with something that they can work with. However, it's not amnesty in any way so as long as it's not amnesty I would rather have him as POTUS then the alternative.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top